Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius trial commences in Pretoria, South Africa. Includes Court video.  (Read 150653 times)

Offline Sherlock Holmes

She said her husband phoned security just after she heard the first screams. Listen to the video clip about half way through here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-26418086

Yes, I was listening live this morning and her husband said she called the wrong security firm in error, not having updated the contact on her phone from the time she and her husband moved to this complex from anther neighborhood.

So much for the idea of being paranoid about security.

Offline Tim Invictus

Anyone think Oscar might be innocent? IE he thought it was a burglar locked in the toilet.

Offline Myster

Anyone think Oscar might be innocent? IE he thought it was a burglar locked in the toilet.
Well, burglars are known to dump whilst on the jobby... so yes from me!  8((()*/
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Lyall

I found these on youtube, for anyone who wants to watch them.

8(>(( Ta.

Redblossom

No, he is 100 per cent guilty of manslaughter at the very least. End of the day he didnt have a clue who was in there or if they were armed. Could have been a child even! And why would any burglar lock themselves in the toilet? To have a think? if they wanted to go through wih it?

Eta
And would he go shooting if he didnt  make sure his girlfriend was not the one in there? Did he do that? No.

And her screaming before the gunshots puts his defence at rock bottom!

Then there is another question. How did he know his shots would actually hit anyone?

And I know this is subjective but I find his whole smug smirking sniggering contemptuous demeanour quite  disturbing. JUST like OJ! What is it wth some of these alpha male sporting celebrities?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:17:42 PM by Redblossom »

Offline John

I am a greater believer in visual imagery when it comes to guilt.   This enduring image of Pistorius is the one I always remember.  Innocent people don't hide their face!

Oscar Pistorius accompanied by SA police officers after killing of Reeva Steenkamp.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:17:08 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

How the state’s witnesses will build its case.

State witness and former girlfriend Samantha Taylor with Pistorius in the Seychelles. 

The neighbours...
THE state alleges that Pistorius murdered Steenkamp after an argument.
To support this, they are relying on the testimony of Estelle van der Merwe, who lives diagonally opposite his house, about 98 metres away.
In the early hours of Valentine’s Day last year, she allegedly heard a woman speaking continually, which sounded like an argument and stopped after gunshots were heard.
Charl Peter Johnson and Michelle Burger heard a woman scream before hearing shots.
Johan and Anette Stipp heard shots, then a woman’s scream, then more shots.
The state says there was a shot, then silence, then three more shots in quick succession.

The ballistics...
Police ballistics expert Captain Chris Mangena will testify that Pistorius was further than 60 cm from the toilet door and apparently without his prosthetic legs when he fired. The trajectory of the bullets will indicate Pistorius’s position when he fired.
The state will also use the testimony of blood spatter expert Colonel Ian van der Nest.

The security guards...
The state alleges that the estate’s security service phoned Pistorius after the shots were heard. When a guard asked if everything was all right, Pistorius allegedly said he was “fine”.
The state alleges that Pistorius fabricated a defence, and phoned friends, but did not call the security or the police to report the incident.

The ex-girlfriend...
Samantha Taylor went out with Pistorius for about 18 months, going on holiday in the Seychelles with him in September 2012.
They broke up shortly afterwards. At the time, Taylor told Rapport newspaper that Oscar “wasn’t what people think”. She said she was ready to tell all about “what Oscar put me through”, but then decided against it.
It is expected that her testimony could be some of the most sensational.

The friend...
Darren Fresco was present on both occasions when Pistorius allegedly fired a firearm recklessly in public.
His testimony will therefore be important in proving the two charges of misuse of a firearm. He will also paint a picture of Pistorius’s circle and social life.

www.witness.co.za/index.php?showcontent&global%5B_id%5D=115214
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:02:10 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline colombosstogey

No, he is 100 per cent guilty of manslaughter at the very least. End of the day he didnt have a clue who was in there or if they were armed. Could have been a child even! And why would any burglar lock themselves in the toilet? To have a think? if they wanted to go through wih it?

Eta
And would he go shooting if he didnt  make sure his girlfriend was not the one in there? Did he do that? No.

And her screaming before the gunshots puts his defence at rock bottom!

Then there is another question. How did he know his shots would actually hit anyone?

And I know this is subjective but I find his whole smug smirking sniggering contemptuous demeanour quite  disturbing. JUST like OJ! What is it wth some of these alpha male sporting celebrities?

I agree Red.

The other thing is why would your girlfriend lock the bathroom door if she was just going to have a pee? I dont even bother to turn the light on as I know where the loo is. I dont think i have ever locked the toilet door in memory. Its an odd thing to do when your with someone you love and feel safe......

Redblossom

I agree Red.

The other thing is why would your girlfriend lock the bathroom door if she was just going to have a pee? I dont even bother to turn the light on as I know where the loo is. I dont think i have ever locked the toilet door in memory. Its an odd thing to do when your with someone you love and feel safe......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/oscar-pistorius/10091015/Oscar-Pistorius-leaked-photos-show-crime-scene-for-first-time.html

See begnning and end of article, it could be she was writing a valentines note/card? Would make sense to lock yourself away to do something in secret.

Offline colombosstogey

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/oscar-pistorius/10091015/Oscar-Pistorius-leaked-photos-show-crime-scene-for-first-time.html

See begnning and end of article, it could be she was writing a valentines note/card? Would make sense to lock yourself away to do something in secret.

Surely if she was doing that, the envelope would have been covered in blood,and would she have had time to put it back in the envelope and move it away from where she was shot?

it states.....

One of the photos, which stands out for its absence of blood, appears to show an envelope and a bag of pink, heart-shaped candies.

The envelope is addressed to “Ozzy” - Steenkamp’s nickname for Pistorius - in what appears to be her handwriting.
[/i]

Nah dont believe that anyway, she went there to see him i am sure she already had his card ready.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:10:14 PM by colombosstogey »

Redblossom

She could well have written it or added to it later and put it aside somewhere where it didnt get spattered, we shall see

Im off to watch the odious Barry Roux cross examine Pistorius's friend about his accidental shootng off a gun in the restaraunt and see how tries to twist anything or try and discredit ths witness too
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:24:12 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Tim Invictus

The Sky news app for ipad has full excellent coverage  ?{)(**

Offline a.baker

He has stated previously that she gave him a gift (and presumably a card with it?)when she arrived at his house telling him "not to open until the morning".

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Did he give her a gift?