Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius trial commences in Pretoria, South Africa. Includes Court video.  (Read 150659 times)

Offline Angelo222

Did he give her a gift?

4 bullets one of which missed.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:05:19 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Wonderfulspam

She wanted him to buy her a book, he gave her a magazine.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Angelo222

She also got a few rounds.  She made him stump up.

When the security guard on duty telephoned to check that all was well after having been alerted to screams and gunfire, Pistorius said it was.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:30:11 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

I am a greater believer in visual imagery when it comes to guilt.   This enduring image of Pistorius is the one I always remember.  Innocent people don't hide their face!

Oscar Pistorius accompanied by SA police officers after killing of Reeva Steenkamp.

Where do people who have been arrested (or who may have been taken in for questioning) normally show their faces to the press scrum?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 07:09:19 PM by Carana »

Offline Carana

I agree Red.

The other thing is why would your girlfriend lock the bathroom door if she was just going to have a pee? I dont even bother to turn the light on as I know where the loo is. I dont think i have ever locked the toilet door in memory. Its an odd thing to do when your with someone you love and feel safe......

Neither would I, unless I sensed that there was a possible intruder who may - or may not - rape or kill me in a country known for violent crime. If I didn't know what was going on outside, yes, I'd lock the toilet. Who wouldn't?

Redblossom

He has stated previously that she gave him a gift (and presumably a card with it?)when she arrived at his house telling him "not to open until the morning".

Thanks for that. In any case the envelope and sweets were found in the toilet/bathroom. It will all come out in the wash I expect.

Redblossom

Day 3 Wednesday 5 March

Session 1

Session 2

Session 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4nV-tMStRw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

(cant get it to embed)

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Well she was a cover girl

Offline Sherlock Holmes

She also got a few rounds.  She made him stump up.

When the security guard on duty telephoned to check that all was well after having been alerted to screams and gunfire, Pistorius said it was.

The fact that he seems to have lied does not have to suggest that it was premeditated.

He would have been in panic and shock at that point regardless of what had occurred.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:07:58 AM by Sherlock Holmes »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Funny. But I was wondering why we haven' t heard mention of any gifts he may have given her that night. Perhaps he did not have a gift for her, only she one for him, and that triggered (sorry) a conversation.

Just a thought

Offline Tim Invictus

Funny. But I was wondering why we haven' t heard mention of any gifts he may have given her that night. Perhaps he did not have a gift for her, only she one for him, and that triggered (sorry) a conversation.

Just a thought

Well if Oscar is like me he would have been intending to by the pressie and card on the day!

Offline Angelo222

Thanks for posting the trial videos Red.   8((()*/

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

Defence attorney Barry Roux continues his attempts to undermine witness evidence by calling into question what they heard on the night Reeva was murdered.

States witness Charl Johnson tells the court this morning that he owns and uses a 9mm handgun so is very cognisant of what it sounds like when fired.  Roux has his work cut out if he is to make any ground on this issue imo.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Tim Invictus

Surely the evidence of Dr. Johan Stipp today has nailed OP as undoubtably guilty! This doctor lives only 70m from OP's house in direct line of sight. He saw lights on and heard a women's screams then gunshots!

I know defense attorney's have to do their job but I don't see how even the odious Roux is going to attack this witness's concise and riveting testimony!

If OP gets of this it will truly be a MOJ!

Offline Tim Invictus

Jesus wept the judge is a moron; she can't follow what the lawyers are saying at all! I don't know if English is her second language but her command of it is appalling!