Author Topic: Vincent Tabak and the Murder of Joanna Yeates  (Read 200769 times)

Offline [...]

Re: Vincent Tabak and the Murder of Joanna Yeates
« Reply #300 on: November 25, 2016, 05:40:34 PM »
Murder isn't only murder when its premeditated. That can be a mitigating factor when it comes to sentencing.

10 years out in 5 does a life really mean so little to you?

Aggravating features to me. 2 for starters?

pointing the finger at an innocent man

dumping the body

I wasn't trying to make a mockery or devalue anybody's life... Life is precious...

But the point of this thread is about what happened to Dr Vincent Tabak....

Tell what you think the aggravating feature are jixy?

And who said he pointed the finger at anyone.. where is the phone recording of Dr Vincent Tabak trying to implicate anyone else in this Crime.

jixy

« Reply #301 on: November 25, 2016, 05:49:42 PM »
I never mentioned a telephone call but why did he blame stress for implicating Mr Jefferies if once again he didn't do it?

No telephone call,

Questioned at Bristol Crown Court about why he made that statement to police, Tabak told jurors: “I shouldn’t have said that about Chris Jefferies.”

Asked why he implicated his and Miss Yeates’s landlord, Tabak replied: “Probably just to deflect attention away from me.”

Alfie

« Reply #302 on: November 25, 2016, 05:53:34 PM »
Morning Alfie

According to Sally Ramage, Vincent and Tanja had been lliving in their flat for a year (i believe it was just over, actually, I read somewhere that they started living together in the summer of 2010).  VT went to the States on business for 5 weeks in late 2010, returning to the UK on 14th December.  While he was away, Greg and Jo moved into their flat.  So, unless VT and JY had met before (and no evidence was produced in court to say they had), they would not have known each other at all, other than by sight.

The scene in "The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies", where CJ takes Greg round to meet Vincent, is fictional, as far as I know.

"(Joanna Yeates)  and Reardon moved in at the start of October 2010 and he (Tabak) left for a business trip in California on 6 November, only returning on 11 December, six days before the killing"

Ample time for their paths to cross at least once or twice and establish that they were close neighbours.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #303 on: November 25, 2016, 08:12:48 PM »
Jixy, Nine and I might have similar views on the possible innocence of VT, but our writing styles are not similar at all, as far as I can see!!

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #304 on: November 25, 2016, 08:29:27 PM »
Alfie

According to the Independent and the Evening Standard, Jo and Greg moved into their flat on 25th October.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #305 on: November 25, 2016, 08:46:47 PM »
Oh, and I believe one can get a life sentence for manslaughter-----it might not happen very often, but according to the sentencing council, it can happen.

jixy

« Reply #306 on: November 25, 2016, 10:05:40 PM »
I have just read a report that agrees with what Alfie has said. They did move into the flat at the beginning of October.

Back to similar postings. You do post very similar and both ignore major points that confirm his guilt

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #307 on: November 25, 2016, 10:14:43 PM »
We might ignore points that "point" to his guilt. That is because we are not sure he is guilty.

Others ignore points that point to his innocence (or possible innocence), because they don't believe he is innocent.

Fair enough---everyone  on a discussion forum should respect each other's views.

We may have similar views, just as people who think he's guilty have similar views!

I dont think we have the same style of writing, though---and that is because we really are two different people !

Actually, the "guilty " lobby have an easier time of it: people like Nine and I are in a very definite minority, there are only about 10 of us in the country who think like us!!!!

And, no, I am not asking anybody to feel sorry for us.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #308 on: November 25, 2016, 10:17:31 PM »
By the way, Jixy and Alfie, where did you get the info about Jo and Greg moving in at the beginning of October?  Of course, I am willing to consider it if it is true!

jixy

« Reply #309 on: November 25, 2016, 10:18:59 PM »
I have not read one point that says he is innocent. In fact all the stuff I have read including his own explantions not to mention his confession just prove his guilt.
So what do you make of his own words explaining why he tried to frame an innocent man?

jixy

« Reply #310 on: November 25, 2016, 10:31:03 PM »
I feel sorry for Joanna. another point he raised is that he waved to her and she waved back so the issue about opening the door to a complete stranger isn't valid either

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #311 on: November 25, 2016, 10:50:38 PM »
I don't believe him, Jixy.

I certainly believe VT is guilty of one thing, and that is lying in court (which, you may argue, is a crime in itself). I don't believe he was trying to implicate CJ. I think he (and his girlfriend) were merely trying to help the police by offering extra information (which the police had invited all the neighbours to do).

Tanja was part of this too----some accounts actually say she telephoned the police, rather than VT.  What do you make of that? Surely, you dont think she was guilty of anything? 

CJ has never said (as far as I know) that his car wasn't moved. Even if it was, it does not implicate him. He might have turned it round to make it easier for him to drive out the next day, or perhaps somebody (innocently) borrowed his car.  We don't know. He wasn't called as a witness, so we never heard.

It could be argued that CJ himself "implicated" people by saying that he thought he saw two people with someone who might have been Joanna. After all, if VT committed the crime, CJ could not have seen her with two people, could he?

There are too many "dont knows" in this case, which is why I have doubts.  And, of course, you might be right, and I might be wrong. 

Have a good look around all the old forums, etc.  Nine and I are not the only two people in the world who have these doubts!

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #312 on: November 25, 2016, 11:01:20 PM »
I feel sorry for Joanna too, and I don't believe she ever encountered VT that night.  I think his "confession" was a lie, and he said in court what he had been told to say.

I think poor Joanna was murdered by somebody else-----and I could not name names even if I wanted to, as I haven't a clue who it might have been, when it happened, or why it happened.

Offline [...]

« Reply #313 on: November 25, 2016, 11:27:18 PM »
I feel sorry for Joanna. another point he raised is that he waved to her and she waved back so the issue about opening the door to a complete stranger isn't valid either

Waved...  not beckoned..... different meanings...

I wave all the time to people.... doesn't mean i want them in my house..!!!!!

If i remember correctly Mrs Yeates commented on the fact that Dr Vincent Tabak said he waved and did not show as he was demonstrating that Joanna beckoned him.... he was demonstrating a wave ...

Offline [...]

« Reply #314 on: November 25, 2016, 11:30:11 PM »
I feel sorry for Joanna too, and I don't believe she ever encountered VT that night.  I think his "confession" was a lie, and he said in court what he had been told to say.

I think poor Joanna was murdered by somebody else-----and I could not name names even if I wanted to, as I haven't a clue who it might have been, when it happened, or why it happened.

I completely agree mrswah....

I do not think that Dr Vincent Tabak encountered her either....

Somebody definetley did.... but who is the question...

There is no point having someone serve time in prison for a crime they didn't commit, just to satisfy the public's idea of Justice....