Author Topic: Will European Law allow the use of Metadata to fight crime?  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Will European Law allow the use of Metadata to fight crime?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2022, 12:14:57 PM »

What is Meta Data?

Offline jassi

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

Offline jassi

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2022, 12:40:23 PM »
Thank You.  But not of much use according to some.

It prove a phone call took place at the time and in the general area of interest.
In itself it doesn't prove ownership of either phone nor content of conversation.

I assume that many similar calls must have been made that evening, so police need to prove the relevance of this call.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2022, 12:46:42 PM »
It prove a phone call took place at the time and in the general area of interest.
In itself it doesn't prove ownership of either phone nor content of conversation.

I assume that many similar calls must have been made that evening, so police need to prove the relevance of this call.

I am trying really hard not to be contentious today.

Offline jassi

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2022, 01:10:09 PM »
Good   ?{)(**

Or maybe not -

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2022, 01:21:28 PM »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2022, 02:01:30 PM »

That's precisely what the sum of the circumstancial evidence will aim to do

Offline jassi

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2022, 02:18:38 PM »
That's precisely what the sum of the circumstancial evidence will aim to do

It remains to be seen if that is achieved or even achievable.

Or maybe not -

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2022, 02:42:28 PM »
It remains to be seen if that is achieved or even achievable.

Of course... But many think they can simply dismiss it
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 05:09:45 PM by Mr Gray »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2022, 05:16:05 PM »
What makes you think they may have identified the owner of the phone?

Call log places ‘Christian B’ at scene of the crime in Madeleine McCann case
By Ali Condon -14/06/2020

The latest suspect in the Madeleine McCann case has been linked to the Praia da Luz resort after police traced his call log.

Christian B’s phone details, when run through a British call database, place the suspect at the scene of the crime around the time of Maddie’s disappearance.

German federal police officers obtained the convicted sex offender’s 2007 phone number, which placed him in the area of the McCann’s resort when cross-referenced with Scotland Yard data.

British police had already obtained all data from phone masts around Praia da Luz, which included a phone call in the area at 7:32pm to the suspect’s phone.

The call lasted until 8:02pm, then Madeleine disappeared at some point between 9:10pm and 10pm that evening.

German prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters told The Mail On Sunday how the UK and German police forces worked together in order to link Christian B to the scene.

‘[The suspect’s] telephone number comes from our investigation, but British police have a data pool from 2007 from Praia da Luz of all mobile numbers, so we put our telephone number to the data of the British police — and it matched,’ he said.

‘So we think that our suspect was, on the day Madeleine was kidnapped in Praia da Luz, near the apartment.’

Mr Wolters claimed that the German police force had further evidence that linked the 43-year-old suspect to the crime, which will remain a secret from the public for now.

https://extra.ie/2020/06/14/news/world-news/call-log-suspect-madeleine-mccann

As already said - the question is not whether investigators have information - it is whether or not they will be allowed to use it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2022, 05:36:45 PM »
Call log places ‘Christian B’ at scene of the crime in Madeleine McCann case
By Ali Condon -14/06/2020

The latest suspect in the Madeleine McCann case has been linked to the Praia da Luz resort after police traced his call log.

Christian B’s phone details, when run through a British call database, place the suspect at the scene of the crime around the time of Maddie’s disappearance.

German federal police officers obtained the convicted sex offender’s 2007 phone number, which placed him in the area of the McCann’s resort when cross-referenced with Scotland Yard data.

British police had already obtained all data from phone masts around Praia da Luz, which included a phone call in the area at 7:32pm to the suspect’s phone.

The call lasted until 8:02pm, then Madeleine disappeared at some point between 9:10pm and 10pm that evening.

German prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters told The Mail On Sunday how the UK and German police forces worked together in order to link Christian B to the scene.

‘[The suspect’s] telephone number comes from our investigation, but British police have a data pool from 2007 from Praia da Luz of all mobile numbers, so we put our telephone number to the data of the British police — and it matched,’ he said.

‘So we think that our suspect was, on the day Madeleine was kidnapped in Praia da Luz, near the apartment.’

Mr Wolters claimed that the German police force had further evidence that linked the 43-year-old suspect to the crime, which will remain a secret from the public for now.

https://extra.ie/2020/06/14/news/world-news/call-log-suspect-madeleine-mccann

As already said - the question is not whether investigators have information - it is whether or not they will be allowed to use it.

They sounded very sure in June 2020, didn't they?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2022, 06:28:52 PM »
They sounded very sure in June 2020, didn't they?

They are still sounding very sure in June 2022 - and why wouldn't they be.

One data set from one investigative team matching another data set from another independent investigative team sounds pretty conclusive to me.
Certainly another piece in the jigsaw of circumstantial evidence.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2022, 09:50:55 PM »
They are still sounding very sure in June 2022 - and why wouldn't they be.

One data set from one investigative team matching another data set from another independent investigative team sounds pretty conclusive to me.
Certainly another piece in the jigsaw of circumstantial evidence.

But The Sceptics still won't have it.

I don't care anymore.  But then I don't have to.

Do any of you realise of how ridiculous you are?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2022, 10:02:15 PM »
But The Sceptics still won't have it.

I don't care anymore.  But then I don't have to.

Do any of you realise of how ridiculous you are?

There's nothing to have, there are no charges in sight for Brueckner. Not any time in the foreseeable future, Wolters has looked at his sum of evidence, considered it all & as far as he can see it ain't gonna stand up in court any day soon.

But, who knows, maybe I'm just a total pessimist & really the promised land of finally proving Maddie was ever actually abducted in the first place lays out there, somewhere, just beyond the horizon, or over the frigging rainbow.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.