Author Topic: Portuguese cop says the McCanns 'are still suspects'!  (Read 4168 times)

Offline Angelo222

Portuguese cop says the McCanns 'are still suspects'!
« on: September 20, 2022, 07:17:14 PM »
The Portuguese ex-police chief who probed the disappearance of Madeleine McCann said her parents are 'still suspects' as he gloated over his court win today.

Referring to prime suspect Christian Brueckner who Amaral has claimed in the past is a scapegoat, he added in an interview on Radio Renascenca: 'Thousands even millions of euros have been invested in recent years to create a false suspect.'

Amaral was on Portuguese radio, insisting: 'Today the court referred once again to an important question.

'The couple are suspects, were suspects and remain suspects. Nothing else happened to the contrary.'

Goncalo Amaral laid into Gerry and Kate in the radio interview in his native country after learning they had lost the latest round of their libel battle against his 2008 book.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11231591/Gloating-Portuguese-cop-says-McCanns-suspects-disappearance-Madeleine.html
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 07:20:14 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Eleanor

Re: Portuguese cop says the McCanns 'are still suspects'!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 07:30:29 PM »
Perhaps after all, this can only get better.  But then I have hoped that it might.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 07:32:56 PM »
Perhaps after all, this can only get better.  But then I have hoped that it might.

Well you know what happens to hope - it gets trampled underfoot by reality.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 07:37:35 PM »
Well you know what happens to hope - it gets trampled underfoot by reality.

Tell that to the smug idiot.

Offline The General

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 07:40:42 PM »
Tell that to the smug idiot.
Hey, I'm still here you know....
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 07:46:39 PM »
Hey, I'm still here you know....

You would have to go some to win that one from Amaral.  Gloating is always dangerous.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 07:52:05 PM »
The Portuguese ex-police chief who probed the disappearance of Madeleine McCann said her parents are 'still suspects' as he gloated over his court win today.

Referring to prime suspect Christian Brueckner who Amaral has claimed in the past is a scapegoat, he added in an interview on Radio Renascenca: 'Thousands even millions of euros have been invested in recent years to create a false suspect.'

Amaral was on Portuguese radio, insisting: 'Today the court referred once again to an important question.

'The couple are suspects, were suspects and remain suspects. Nothing else happened to the contrary.'

Goncalo Amaral laid into Gerry and Kate in the radio interview in his native country after learning they had lost the latest round of their libel battle against his 2008 book.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11231591/Gloating-Portuguese-cop-says-McCanns-suspects-disappearance-Madeleine.html

Amaral is a total fool...I hope he carries on..
What he is saying is libellous but perhaps he's too thick to realise

Offline barrier

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 07:52:33 PM »
You would have to go some to win that one from Amaral.  Gloating is always dangerous.

So can seeking revenge, always best to dig two graves.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2022, 07:58:45 PM »
So can seeking revenge, always best to dig two graves.
I don't think seeking justice is seeking revenge.
I would appeal focussed on the fact that thr judgement is based on amarals opinion not being based on true facts

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2022, 08:02:48 PM »
How’s the investigation into the McCanns progressing?  Shouldn’t be long now, tick tock, softly softly catchee monkey….
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2022, 08:05:50 PM »
How’s the investigation into the McCanns progressing?  Shouldn’t be long now, tick tock, softly softly catchee monkey….

They'll be suspects until the day they die IMO.

Cops have nothing to work with, if my theory is anything close to the truth, although, that's logistically impossible for some inexplicable reason.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2022, 08:07:22 PM »

How long has it been now?  Has Amaral gone completely mad?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2022, 08:09:05 PM »

Not really, there's still no sign of the abductor after 15 years, so maybe he was right & there just wasn't one.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2022, 08:25:25 PM »
Not mad, just bad - he can just say what he likes now, he knows he’s untouchable so can make outlandish claims and there’s nowt anyone anywhere can do about it.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2022, 08:28:35 PM »
There seems to be an unhealthy obsession with Amaral. I find this puzzling.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future