Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 502642 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #3660 on: May 29, 2019, 12:05:32 PM »
But the "overhearer" has no idea of what is being said by the person whom they cannot hear.
So iti s not a true account of a conversation.

That's right, its an account of what Gerry said. No attempt was made to ad lib the rest of the conversation.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3661 on: May 29, 2019, 12:06:08 PM »
No it's not, it's a fact. Would you like the cites?
Yes we would.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3662 on: May 29, 2019, 12:06:44 PM »
Where is the head banging a wall emoticon?  What Gerry was reported to have said was not first hand.  FGS.

Gerry's comments were given first hand to McKenzie and he reported them just as any other witness would report an event. 
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3663 on: May 29, 2019, 12:07:18 PM »
Dearie dearie me. I don't think you grasp what Graham Mackenzie claims he heard Gerry say. Or rather I do think you grasp it and you're doing the same old try to discredit the witness routine. It doesn't matter who it is, any witness who states things the supporters don't like the hear and it's the old discredit the witness routine.

What can you envisage Gerry could have been talking about that would have lead Graham Mackenzie to believe that Gerry was telling the other person that he knew there were paedophile gangs operating in Portugal? 7

Give us a chance to grasp your answer to that please?

What Graham Mackenzie reported was hearsay ... plain and simple ... and as per definition.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3664 on: May 29, 2019, 12:07:21 PM »
That's right, its an account of what Gerry said. No attempt was made to ad lib the rest of the conversation.

So the other person on the phone could have mentioned a concern about paedophiles before Gerry responded?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3665 on: May 29, 2019, 12:09:06 PM »
What Graham Mackenzie reported was hearsay ... plain and simple ... and as per definition.

It is plain and simple.
End of.lol
Drizzly here!
Perfect weather for hunting slugs and snails!
Out to do so.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3666 on: May 29, 2019, 12:09:33 PM »
I don't believe it was.
Only the person he was speaking to would be able to give a first hand account of the conversation because only that person was privy to ALL the conversation.
Not just one side of a conversation overheard on a mobile phone on a balcony above him.

Quite a few people reported what the McCanns told them on 3/4th May. Their accounts have been rejected by those who support the McCanns, however.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3667 on: May 29, 2019, 12:10:10 PM »
The imagination is all on your part. There is nothing about that abduction and murder that exactly mirrors Madeleine McCanns disappearance at the moment.

You have to imagine it does, and you do it very well IMO.
You are in deep denial IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3668 on: May 29, 2019, 12:11:36 PM »
Gerry's comments were given first hand to McKenzie and he reported them just as any other witness would report an event.
No Gerry didn't give him anything.  Mackenzie eavesdropped and reported what he thought he heard.  He heard what the other bloke said and reported it - there's a clue there. Hear and say.  geddit? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3669 on: May 29, 2019, 12:13:58 PM »
Feel free to change your signature line to whatever you like, do you really think that is going to bother me in the slightest?   Now, tell me if me example is first hand or hearsay.  I bet you won't.

It's first hand.

It is what Mr McKenzie said he heard and saw.
What's up, old man?

Offline jassi

« Reply #3670 on: May 29, 2019, 12:16:00 PM »
So the other person on the phone could have mentioned a concern about paedophiles before Gerry responded?

Now you are suggesting something that you don't know to be so.
What is reported is what Gerry said over the phone, nothing more.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3671 on: May 29, 2019, 12:19:54 PM »
WE can't because there is only hearsay evidence to go on, isn't there...?  8(>((

Mr McKenzie's statement is first hand.

I note you have completely ducked giving 'Gerry's account', which you asked me to explain.

Par for the course.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3672 on: May 29, 2019, 12:20:13 PM »
It's first hand.

It is what Mr McKenzie said he heard and saw.
Heard and saw someone else said.  Hear.  Say.  What does "hearsay" mean, then?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3673 on: May 29, 2019, 12:21:50 PM »
Now you are suggesting something that you don't know to be so.
What is reported is what Gerry said over the phone, nothing more.

I know it was a suggestion but you cannot say that it could not have happened.
Therefore to use a one-sided, hearsay conversation as proof that Gerry knew that paedophile/ paedophiles were in the vicinity of Luz is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 12:24:07 PM by Erngath »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3674 on: May 29, 2019, 12:22:38 PM »
Mr McKenzie's statement is first hand.

I note you have completely ducked giving 'Gerry's account', which you asked me to explain.

Par for the course.
You asked me to supply something which you know doesn't exist.  Is that very honest of you?  IF Gerry had given an account of what he said on the phone that would be first hand would it not?  So how can Mackenzie's account of what Gerry said also be first hand?  Please be sensible.  For once!