Author Topic: Luke Mitchell Parole Denied  (Read 67 times)

Offline moggrey1

Luke Mitchell Parole Denied
« on: April 17, 2024, 09:42:08 AM »
I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the outcome of yesterday's parole hearing? The fact that it's been denied, does this not scream a very big warning to all the Mitchell Supporters? I have read several times that it's "a well known cover up/miscarriage of justice" (the reasons of which I still cannot understand) but if this were the case, what would be the harm in letting Mitchell out after he's served his time?

Online Chris_Halkides

Re: Luke Mitchell Parole Denied
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2024, 06:03:22 PM »
I do not understand what your second sentence means.  A parole board hearing (as I understand it) is not about guilt or innocence.  Regarding the rest of your comment, let me quote former prison governor David Wilson:  "However, slowly and silently, the Scottish judicial system clearly decided that George [Beattie] had served his sentence and so what was the point of re-opening old wounds and owning up to a collective failure of having got Margaret McLaughlin]’s murder investigation and then George’s criminal prosecution so disastrously wrong....What happened to Luke almost echoes all the mistakes that took place within the investigation, trial and conviction of George Beattie and so my fear is that Jodi’s killer has never been caught and punished at all."  I think that there is a tendency to cover up that is universal; whether this did nor did not influence the parole board is impossible to say. 

Offline moggrey1

Re: Luke Mitchell Parole Denied
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 09:19:01 AM »
Apologies, I probably didn't word it very well! From what I read, the reason he was not granted parole, was because he was still considered a danger to woman. He's served his time, so if it is a well-known cover up, they could release Luke safe in the knowledge that he wasn't guilty in the first place without losing face. Not sure if that makes any more sense lol!