Author Topic: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 76266 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2017, 01:49:13 PM »
My belief is that in order to understand the intricacies and thus the real meaning one needs to be conversant* with Portuguese law and fluent in the language.
One suspects one has more thumbs on one hand than the number of people on this forum who satisfy those conditions.

*As in studied or practiced it in one form or another rather than Googled it.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2017, 01:56:41 PM »
My belief is that in order to understand the intricacies and thus the real meaning one needs to be conversant* with Portuguese law and fluent in the language.
One suspects one has more thumbs on one hand than the number of people on this forum who satisfy those conditions.

My belief is that it means the McCann's are not suspects in this investigation

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2017, 02:00:52 PM »

Interesting...  as a belief- However as this investigation is covering many theories which one are they not suspects in I wonder... &%+((£

My answer is: I do not know.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline barrier

« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2017, 02:02:48 PM »
Pedro de Carmo has said they are not suspects

To be a suspect in Portuguese law,one has to be an arguido,they are not arguidos,ergo not suspects.imo.

Explain why then in your humble opinion does Arguido translate to named suspect or formal suspect,ergo the McCann are not suspects in Portuguse law.Pedro de Carmo could not be more specific.

Seems as if we have some accord then,not arguidos,ergo not suspects.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2017, 02:03:03 PM »
Interesting...  as a belief- However as this investigation is covering many theories which one are they not suspects in I wonder... &%+((£

My answer is: I do not know.

PDC said they were not suspects ...period

Offline barrier

« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2017, 02:07:48 PM »
The McCanns are not innocent of anything because a crime has not been identified and they have not been declared innocent by any court of law. This is a fact. They are also not guilty of anything because as has been said no crime has been identified and pursued in a court of law.
NETFLIX

I for one are hoping that the following will be mentioned;
The Tapas are quite happy to move on with their lives in tact. because they said they checked their children and that made them great, loving parents... their opinion not shared by many thousands of people. As there are many other forums where this is discussed in detail without supporters of these parents who allowed this to happen to a 3 year old girl are not allowed cart blanche power to gag the truth no matter how unpleasant it is.

This is not trolling against the McCanns it is telling it like it is from a non supporter point of view.

If it goes ahead it will be interesting to see if they start at the alleged time of the reporting of the disappearance and use witness statements to follow it through.From my understanding some one as been out in Luz for the film/docu makers.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2017, 02:17:42 PM »
Topic of the thread is Netflix plans to make a documentary on Madeleine's case ... anything else is Off Topic.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2017, 02:24:06 PM »
I imagine that the Tapas 7 will be most unhappy about the whole business.
For 10 years they have managed to avoid much of the publicity and quietly gone about their lives.
Now they stand to be exposed to the glare of public scrutiny and their lives to be disrupted once more.
How they must regret ever booking that holiday.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2017, 03:04:49 PM »
I imagine that the Tapas 7 will be most unhappy about the whole business.
For 10 years they have managed to avoid much of the publicity and quietly gone about their lives.
Now they stand to be exposed to the glare of public scrutiny and their lives to be disrupted once more.
How they must regret ever booking that holiday.

Yes...if they had never booked the holiday Maddie would still be here

Offline Carana

« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2017, 05:58:10 PM »
Seems as if we have some accord then,not arguidos,ergo not suspects.

Unless the laws have changed yet again, it is actually possible to be a suspect without (yet) being an arguido.

I only spotted this as some articles in PT law use both terms, but don't clarify the difference.

Although I could be wrong, my assumption is that a suspect could simply be someone on the radar, possibly under covert surveillance... prior to the formal interview requiring that status.

It's also worth remembering that the term of "arguido" covers everything from the equivalent of an interview under caution through the entire judicial process (including what in English would be termed as defendant) until all recourses have been exhausted. You could be a mass murderer serving a life sentence, but still be referred to as an arguido until the end of the Supreme Court judgement.

Pedro do Carmo said that they were not suspects.

I've cited references numerous times.

ETA: Just seen Brietta's warning re being OT.

Re Netflix... I don't see what could be new...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 06:03:40 PM by Carana »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2017, 06:12:30 PM »
The McCanns are not innocent of anything because a crime has not been identified and they have not been declared innocent by any court of law. This is a fact. They are also not guilty of anything because as has been said no crime has been identified and pursued in a court of law.
NETFLIX

... snip ....
Is that supposed to be a quote from Netflix? 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Carana

« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2017, 06:25:54 PM »
Is that supposed to be a quote from Netflix?

I'm curious as well, Rob.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #179 on: October 19, 2017, 07:33:08 PM »

Aren't we all.