Author Topic: Is it reasonable to allow posters to engage in drive-by posting but refuse debat  (Read 4881 times)

debunker

Offline ActualMat

I don't see why not. Everyone posts in their own way, there isn't really a formula for using a forum.

It's up to other posters to decide how much weight a members post actually carries and they shouldn't believe anything they read unless they see it backed up by facts.

debunker

It does seem abusive to engage in drive-bys, or post links to your own propaganda and then refuse to discuss its basis in reality.

I suppose that just pointing this out should allow rational readers to discount such silly posts.

Offline faithlilly

I don't see why not. Everyone posts in their own way, there isn't really a formula for using a forum.

It's up to other posters to decide how much weight a members post actually carries and they shouldn't believe anything they read unless they see it backed up by facts.

Well said AM.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline gilet

It is so pleasing to see a forum where moderators understand the need for claims to be backed up by facts and evidence. I congratulate you for that.

And I agree wholeheartedly that other posters and readers will be able to make up their minds about posters who simply post and do not offer facts to support their claims.

Offline DeNada

what is debat?

Is it like debate but spelled incorrectly?

Offline DeNada

so the question on this thread really was Is it reasonable to allow posters to engage in drive-by posting but refuse to use a suitable implement to 'hit the ball'

Offline gilet

Nah! The problem here is that he failed to use debat properly like most forum team members and was stumped for answers.

Offline DeNada

I could say back of the net but I am far to polite

Offline DeNada

indeed

Offline Eleanor

Back of the net!

Could someone tell me what Back of the Net means?  Thank you in advance.

Offline Eleanor

Back of the net!

It's a phrase DeNada is apparently too polite to use - I believe it means "result!" or "goal!" or some such exclamation of victory.

Ah.  Then no wonder DeNada doesn't want to use it.

Offline sika

Back of the net!

Alan Partridge used the phrase, to great comedic effect, after having 'got one over' on someone.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kEl5RvbGdik

Offline John

Members can post when and where they desire as long as they are respectful to other members.  Debates can take many forms and span minutes or months, there is no set rule about this.  Happy posting folks!   8@??)(
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.