Author Topic: Parenting.  (Read 11893 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Parenting.
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2019, 03:46:07 PM »
There are just SOOOOOOOO many thing wrong with that attitude!

I was referring to the specific case under question.  The woman looked to be late 20's/early 30's at the very least and had 2 children?  If she wants a third fine but why complain if you have to turn to charity to support a third child?  Bringing up children isn't cheap and surely the woman in this case would be aware of this fact?  Who do you believe should finance the bringing up of children if not the parents? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2019, 03:53:21 PM »
Here's the case I was referring to 'Mum of 2 Bianca' who is actually 37 yoa:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thousands-desperate-parents-relying-baby-13489511

She's lucky she lives in a country where many people are charitable.

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

Offline APRIL

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2019, 04:45:28 PM »
I always tried to spot disasters before they happened, and then avoid them.  I never had a disaster with any of mine so I must have been doing something right.

However, my children were allowed out and about on their own, but with sensible warnings.  And I have been known to leave them alone at night for limited periods.

They were all potty trained by 18 months, and I don't remember that being really hard work.

I have never once considered myself to be a perfect parent.  Far from it.  It's a minefield, so maybe I was blessed with good fortune.

It might have to do with the fact that you never considered yourself to be perfect. You'd have been easier for your children to aspire to.