Author Topic: MSM have been almighty quiet recently, is the investigation dead?  (Read 27167 times)

Offline jassi

Re: MSM have been almighty quiet recently, is the investigation dead?
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2015, 09:40:31 AM »
'..............All scenarios remain open......'

Interesting.

That sounds as if they haven't come to any firm conclusions as to what happened.

I wonder why the British Ambassador (or representative) ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2015, 09:51:35 AM »
That sounds as if they haven't come to any firm conclusions as to what happened.

Good question.

It would seem completely irrelevant, unless something out of the ordinary has come to light.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 09:55:32 AM »

A British Ambassadorial Representative?  A Brit Expat, perhaps.  Also a Representative of The English Attorney General.

And A Magistrate.  Usually only pertinent in the process of weighing Evidence.  So one could assume that there is Evidence.

stephen25000

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 10:10:13 AM »
A British Ambassadorial Representative?  A Brit Expat, perhaps.  Also a Representative of The English Attorney General.

And A Magistrate.  Usually only pertinent in the process of weighing Evidence.  So one could assume that there is Evidence.

For an ex-pat ???

Online Eleanor

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2015, 10:40:01 AM »
For an ex-pat ???

Any Expat living in Portugal at the time.  But still a British Citizen.  I am still a British Citizen after living in France for twenty years.  And my passport still affords me some assistance.

Offline Carana

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2015, 01:27:11 PM »
My understanding is that a representative of the CPS was "called" (I doubt that that would be summonsed, possibly invited or simply an unsubstantiated way of saying possibly attended) to attend, as was the British ambassador.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:45:46 PM by John »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2015, 02:09:36 PM »
Before we all get lost in more translation:

4.03.2015 16:10

PGR recebe ingleses

Encontro de trabalho com autoridades portuguesas para fortalecer colaboração nas buscas.

Por Tânia Laranjo

Hora e meia de reunião. O palco foi a Procuradoria-Geral da República; os protagonistas, as autoridades inglesas e portuguesas. O objetivo foi o mesmo que motivou já outros encontros do género. Fortalecer a ligação entre as autoridades dos dois países, cimentar laços que permitam uma investigação comum para esclarecer o caso Maddie.

A líder da equipa da polícia inglesa, Nicola Wall, foi uma das presentes na reunião. Do lado da Policia Judiciária, a representação foi feita pelo magistrado Pedro do Carmo, diretor nacional adjunto. Também a procuradora-geral distrital e o titular do inquérito que se mantém aberto na Comarca de Faro estiveram presentes. Foi ainda chamado a participar um representante da Procuradoria-Geral da República inglesa, bem como o embaixador britânico.

Este foi o segundo encontro de Nicola Wall com os mais altos representantes do processo. A inspetora inglesa sucedeu no final do ano passado a Andy Redwood, que se reformou do Metropolitan Police Service.

Nicola Wall transitou da divisão de Homicídios e Crimes Graves para a operação Grange, que investiga o desaparecimento da criança inglesa, a 3 de maio de 2007, do quarto onde dormia com os dois irmãos gémeos, mais novos, num apartamento de um aldeamento turístico, na Praia da Luz, no Algarve.

O processo foi arquivado e depois reaberto, mas nada de novo foi encontrado. Todos os cenários se mantêm em aberto.

Ler mais em: http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/nacional/portugal/detalhe/pgr_recebe_ingleses.html

Interesting it's ten days old. Did anyone catch anything in the UK press? I suppose the spokesman is too busy with things electoral.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2015, 02:13:19 PM »
Interesting it's ten days old. Did anyone catch anything in the UK press? I suppose the spokesman is too busy with things electoral.

Just double-checked, my mistake. In copying and pasting the "1" of the date got missed. It says 14 March. I've just corrected that.

stephen25000

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2015, 02:17:09 PM »
My understanding is that a representative of the CPS was "called" (I doubt that that would be summonsed, possibly invited or simply an unsubstantiated way of saying possibly attended) to attend, as was the British ambassador.

Why the need for a CPS representative ?

Unless possibly, one or more UK residents were involved.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:54:59 PM by John »

Offline jassi

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2015, 02:25:55 PM »
It might be something to do with European Arrest warrants and extradition procedures -  http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/fact_sheets/extradition/
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2015, 02:27:48 PM »
It might be something to do with European Arrest warrants and extradition procedures -  http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/fact_sheets/extradition/

Thanks Jassi. 8((()*/

Offline Carana

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2015, 02:28:44 PM »
There was a meeting involving Nicola Wall, the deputy head of the PJ, the Faro DA and the Faro desk PJ officer.

It's unclear whether a CPS representative and the UK ambassador actually attended or were simply invited to do so.

That seems to be the bottom line as far as I can work out.

If my understanding is correct, that seems to be a general status update.

It doesn't state when this happened, nor where it happened. It might even have been a video conference for all anyone knows.

Offline Carana

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2015, 02:34:12 PM »
Why the need for a CPS representative ?

Unless possibly, one or more UK residents were involved.

O objetivo foi o mesmo que motivou já outros encontros do género. Fortalecer a ligação entre as autoridades dos dois países, cimentar laços que permitam uma investigação comum para esclarecer o caso Maddie.

My understanding of the purpose was to see if the possiblity of a JIT could be moved forward.

Offline John

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2015, 02:51:28 PM »
A Meeting in Portugal

Nicola Wall has headed the English investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann since December,

14/03/2015 16:10

PGR receives the English

A working meeting with the Portuguese authorities to strengthen cooperation in searches.

By Tânia Laranjo

An hour and a half meeting. The stage was the Attorney General's Office; the protagonists, the British and Portuguese authorities. The goal was the same that has led to other such meetings. Strengthen the link between the authorities of both countries, cementing bonds that allow a joint investigation to clarify the Maddie case.

The leader of the British police team, Nicola Wall, was one of those attending the meeting. On the other side the Judicial Police represented by magistrate Pedro do Carmo, National Deputy Director.  Also the District Attorney General and the leader of the investigation which remains open in the region of Faro were present. Also requested to participate was a representative of the English Attorney-General in the Republic, as well as the British Ambassador.

This was the second meeting of Nicola Wall with the most senior representatives of the process. Late last year, the English Inspector succeeded Andy Redwood who retired from the Metropolitan Police Service. Nicola Wall transferred from the Homicide and Serious Crimes division to Operation Grange, which is investigating the disappearance of the British child on May 3, 2007, from the room where she slept with younger twin siblings, in an apartment of a tourist village, in Praia da Luz in the Algarve. The case was closed and then reopened, but nothing new was found. All scenarios remain open.

Read more at: http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/nacional/portugal/detalhe/pgr_recebe_ingleses.html

[ translation edited ]

The translation should now be correct or as near as damn it!

Thanks to G-Unit for posting the original. 

Note for future ref. 
When posting foreign press stories and adding an on-line translation please alert staff so that it can be edited.TY
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 03:05:34 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2015, 02:57:39 PM »
The Daily Express have it, but not as much detail;

Madeleine McCann inquiry: Police make progress at crucial summit meeting with Portuguese

BRITISH police have met with Portuguese prosecutors for a crucial summit meeting over the Madeleine McCann inquiry.

Scotland Yard detectives had detailed discussions with the Portuguese over the vital next steps in the multi-million pound probe.

It is understood to be the first time officers from Operation Grange have met officials in Lisbon since 11 key witnesses were re-interviewed in December.

Similar meetings are planned for the near future as the eighth anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance approaches.

The Metropolitan Police declined to comment on the latest summit. A spokesman said: “We are not providing a running commentary.”

Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry are given regular updates on progress of the investigation.

In their last public message, the couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, said: “It’s very apparent that the determination of the Metropolitan Police remains steadfast.”

Operation Grange was set up in 2011 after the McCanns appealed directly to Prime Minister David Cameron and Home Secretary Theresa May.

So far, it was cost around £10 million.

Madeleine was three when she vanished from the family’s holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on the Algarve in May 2007.

Former GP Mrs McCann and her heart doctor husband, both 46, have never given up hope that their daughter is still alive.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/564100/Madeleine-McCann-latest-Police-progress-crucial-summit-meeting-Portugal
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 03:30:45 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0