Author Topic: Kevin Craigie - The Justice on Appeal - False Declaration Charity Return 2011  (Read 5637 times)

Offline John

Here is a copy of the Justice on Appeal Annual Charity return for 2011 submitted by Kevin Craigie.

It is interesting that at least one of the named Trustees states that she was not aware of this and most certainly never agreed to be a Trustee of this now defunct Organisation.

The implication of this amount to a deception and a fraud.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 10:05:00 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Joanne

I see he's added a few years onto my age and moved my address!

Offline Joanne

Can someone be a trustee/director when they have a criminal record? I'm sure you can't but I'd like to know.

Offline John

Can someone be a trustee/director when they have a criminal record? I'm sure you can't but I'd like to know.

As long as they are not legally barred from holding a directorship or being a trustee there is no reason why they can't.  Even in cases where someone is barred from being a Company Director for some reason the duration of the bar is determinate and is usually for a number of years.  A trustee is something else but I can not recall any Court preventing someone from being a trustee.  I stand to be corrected though?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Lea

This link from the Unlock website answers the question in detail

http://www.unlock.org.uk/userfiles/file/IAG/Becoming%20a%20trustee.pdf

Offline Joanne

It does but it only says those convicted of dishonesty and/or deception but it doesn't really tell me in detail what dishonesty amounts too, could you say anyone with a criminal record (unspent) is dishonest?

Lea

From how it reads, it only covers dishonesty charges but maybe there is more info out there

Offline Joanne

Ok, thank you  8((()*/

Offline John

Ok, thank you  8((()*/

If your original question relates to Kevin, there was no reason why he couldn't have been a trustee of Justice on Appeal.  The question of impropriety however is one which still requires an answer given the complaints we know of.