Author Topic: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views  (Read 214042 times)

Offline justsaying

Re: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2018, 12:28:52 PM »
A partial match of Luke Mitchell's DNA was found at the crime scene.

And your source for this?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2018, 12:29:19 PM »
The prosecution presented no evidence of Luke's DNA being found at the scene.

What's your point?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline justsaying

« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2018, 12:31:14 PM »
What's your point?

I think the point is that if his DNA was found it would have been presented during the trial...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 12:33:38 PM by justsaying »

jixy

« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2018, 12:31:55 PM »
of course it would - should any have been found!

Offline justsaying

« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2018, 12:36:35 PM »

It is absurd to suggest otherwise.

Offline Baz

« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2018, 12:40:51 PM »
A partial match of Luke Mitchell's DNA was found at the crime scene.

As I say, it was years ago that I was reading about this so some details may have escaped me. Where was the DNA found? Was any more detail about this revealed? Seems strange that this was not presented at trial.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2018, 12:45:58 PM »
I think the point is that if his DNA was found it would have been presented during the trial...

It is absurd to suggest otherwise.

Detective Chief Superintendent Craig Dobbie believes he has the "why". Softly spoken and bespectacled, Dobbie was appointed head of the murder hunt after Jodi’s body was discovered in the woods near Roan’s Dyke, Dalkeith, hours after she met her death ]He fought to solve a crime which lacked critical DNA evidence, finding himself up against a teenage suspect who showed immense cunning under the fiercest pressure.

In that time he had to think himself into the mind of Luke Mitchell. Today, in an exclusive interview, the senior investigating officer in the Jodi Jones case reveals his own thoughts on what happened at Roan’s Dyke on 30th June, 2003.

"He fought to solve a crime which lacked critical DNA evidence" which isn't the same as NO DNA.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 12:48:23 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline justsaying

« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2018, 12:49:21 PM »
"He fought to solve a crime which lacked critical DNA evidence" which isn't the same as NO DNA.

It also does not say that a partial DNA match was found, lacking DNA is the same as no DNA. So this still does not prove your suggestion by any means. I have constantly repeated, had there been DNA it would have been presented at trial.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2018, 12:50:53 PM »
Seems strange that this was not presented at trial.

What's makes you say this?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2018, 12:52:02 PM »
It also does not say that a partial DNA match was found, lacking DNA is the same as no DNA. So this still does not prove your suggestion by any means. I have constantly repeated, had there been DNA it would have been presented at trial.

You have misquoted for starters

Credible = able to be believed; convincing
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 12:54:15 PM by Stephanie »

Offline justsaying

« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2018, 12:52:31 PM »

Are you aware that the definition of "lacking" is being without
?

Offline Baz

« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2018, 12:53:56 PM »

Lack can mean not enough or none at all. And is that one sentence the basis of your belief that there was a partial DNA sample of Luke found?

If the prosecution had even the possibility of introducing some proof that Luke was at the crime scene I would have expected them to present it to strength their chances of a conviction.

Offline justsaying

« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2018, 12:54:25 PM »

Oh come on Stephanie! You of all people should know how crucial DNA evidence is at trial.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2018, 01:05:56 PM »
Not as much as you it seems! The questions you are asking Baz are ridiculous. Let's turn this on its head... Why would the prosecution exclude DNA evidence, partial or otherwise, from the trial of the person they were trying to convict?

How about you start using your head!

Do I really need to remind you where [Name removed]'s body lay that night and under what circumstances?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 02:52:33 PM by John »

Offline justsaying

« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2018, 01:09:00 PM »
Right, so I think we can all safely say that there was NO DNA evidence linking Luke to the crime scene.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 02:53:17 PM by John »