Author Topic: Starting inappropriate threads.  (Read 2284 times)

Offline John

Starting inappropriate threads.
« on: March 20, 2014, 11:23:18 PM »
It is inappropriate to start a thread asking if a particular person or persons are innocent when such individuals have never been charged with any crime.  Starting such a thread is contrary to forum rules.

If individual members require advice on starting a thread please pm me in the first instance.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 11:25:34 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Joanne

Re: Starting inappropriate threads.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 03:06:44 PM »
Does this include polls? Can we have polls to see how member feel as to guilty or not?

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 08:27:12 PM »
Does this include polls? Can we have polls to see how member feel as to guilty or not?

Depends how the question is worded Joanne.  Best avoided imo.

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 08:42:19 PM »
I have removed the thread "Evidence of abduction" because i) there is no evidence and ii) it had descended into the usual squabble.

When starting threads please consider firstly whether genuine points can be made and debated.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 12:38:18 PM »
I have removed the thread "Evidence of abduction" because i) there is no evidence and ii) it had descended into the usual squabble.

When starting threads please consider firstly whether genuine points can be made and debated.

For Dave who seems to have missed the original.

I will add, if you wish to provide 'evidence of abduction' I will allow it to be debated.

Offline Anna

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 12:43:33 PM »
For Dave who seems to have missed the original.

I will add, if you wish to provide 'evidence of abduction' I will allow it to be debated.

Cant you just change the name and keep the gremlins out so that interested parties can debate the evidence relating to the disappearance? It seems these who goad and abuse succeed in ending good topics, but I intend to report in future
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline John

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 12:50:30 PM »
Cant you just change the name and keep the gremlins out so that interested parties can debate the evidence relating to the disappearance? It seems these who goad and abuse succeed in ending good topics, but I intend to report in future

Members who start threads should provide proper introductions and if necessary provide evidence in support of their observation or contention.

Reporting off topic is always a good idea.

Offline Anna

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 12:59:37 PM »

There is no evidence of anything and that's what we were trying to debate......Forensics etc
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline John

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 01:23:27 PM »
I have removed that thread giving oxygen to that disgusting US board game, we will certainly not be giving any forum space to such filth.

Just imagine if it was your missing child who was the subject of such frivolity!

Abhorrent in the extreme.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 01:28:00 PM by John »