Author Topic: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.  (Read 124562 times)

stephen25000

Re: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2016, 11:05:45 AM »
others will say they have made the right decision to protect their future and their childrens future

Tell me dave, do you want fair and enforceable employment rights for your children ?

Or are you content to have all the EU ones removed, so that employers can rule the roost ?

stephen25000

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 11:07:56 AM »
?>)()<
Not at all Stephen.  Jeremy Corbin should resign too now if he has any sense.

It is eminently clear that Corbin did not support the stay in campaign.

After all he voted against it before, and was only moderately giving half hearted support, because of the position of most Labour M.P.'s.

There are already calls for a new Labour leader though.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2016, 11:19:01 AM »
Whose best interests would that be ?

Some have suggested Theresa May as a new PM, as the alternatives such as Gove and Johnson would be derided.

It is clear Labour voters who voted for leaving en masse , could be viewed as the Turkeys voting for Christmas, once they realize that EU laws protecting their employment rights will be removed.

Why are you assuming that all those who vote Labour are in need of employment laws to protect them?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2016, 11:21:06 AM »

Why are you assuming that all those who vote Labour are in need of employment laws to protect them?

It is a generalization G-Unit.

Surely you are in favour of employees having rights in work. 8)-)))

Offline rotti

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2016, 11:26:46 AM »
Brexit: Petition for second EU referendum so popular the government site's crashing

It cites the result as too close given the turnout

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-petition-for-second-eu-referendum-so-popular-the-government-sites-crashing-a7099996.html

Please can we move the goal posts, it's not fair, I want my mummy  8)><( 8)><(
8((()*/ @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2016, 11:34:15 AM »
Tell me dave, do you want fair and enforceable employment rights for your children ?

Or are you content to have all the EU ones removed, so that employers can rule the roost ?

I want to see jobs for my children ...and the country not over run by eastern europeans who will drive wages down..
I want businesses to stay in the UK...not relocate to eastern europe where expenses are cheaper

Offline sadie

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2016, 11:40:44 AM »
G' Morning Little Britain

? Soon to become little England as Scotland and maybe N Ireland leave us ?

I hope that I am wrong

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2016, 11:46:00 AM »
It is a generalization G-Unit.

Surely you are in favour of employees having rights in work. 8)-)))

Rather a pompous generalisation Stephen imo. Not all Labour voters are employees.

I am in favour of workers rights, which they had in this country before the EU existed; largely due to their own efforts. I think people value things more if they achieve them by their own efforts rather than having them handed down to them.
Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2016, 11:47:30 AM »
Well I freely admit I didn't see that coming. I thought it would be close, but I didn't think that we would vote for brexit.

But here we a re, the democratic decision has been made and we need to move on and see how to make the absolute best of it.

I couldn't agree more.

We must all try and make the best of it.   

stephen25000

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2016, 11:53:13 AM »
Rather a pompous generalisation Stephen imo. Not all Labour voters are employees.

I am in favour of workers rights, which they had in this country before the EU existed; largely due to their own efforts. I think people value things more if they achieve them by their own efforts rather than having them handed down to them.

I do not consider I am being pompous.

Achieve those rights by their own actions G-Unit ?

It was the Unions who did that, and whose power has now been reduced by the last three Governments.

stephen25000

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2016, 11:53:56 AM »
I want to see jobs for my children ...and the country not over run by eastern europeans who will drive wages down..
I want businesses to stay in the UK...not relocate to eastern europe where expenses are cheaper

They will re-locate.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2016, 11:55:33 AM »
G' Morning Little Britain

? Soon to become little England as Scotland and maybe N Ireland leave us ?

I hope that I am wrong

I'm sure you are. Scotland had their chance to leave and didn't take it. Are you imagining Northern Ireland going it alone or joining Eire? Dream on Sadie.

Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2016, 11:57:32 AM »
Sturgeon has now announced the possibility of a second Scottish referendum.

If I heard correctly from a radio broadcast, the French President has asked the UK to leave the EU a.s.a.p.

Also, if I heard correctly, he has threatened that English Border Controls in Calais will be closed.

Meanwhile Gove and Johnson in their interviews, said I believe, that there was no rush to implement Article 50.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2016, 12:14:56 PM »
I do not consider I am being pompous.

Achieve those rights by their own actions G-Unit ?

It was the Unions who did that, and whose power has now been reduced by the last three Governments.

Union formed by the workers with leaders elected by the workers and with the aim of furthering worker's interests. Had they been able to achieve similar structures to those in Germany they may have been able to survive and protect our manufacturing industries.
Result = happy posting.

Offline John

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2016, 12:17:55 PM »
Brexit: Petition for second EU referendum so popular the government site's crashing

It cites the result as too close given the turnout

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-petition-for-second-eu-referendum-so-popular-the-government-sites-crashing-a7099996.html

Please can we move the goal posts, it's not fair, I want my mummy  8)><( 8)><(

Sounds like the SNP who will keep promoting a referendum on Scottish independence until they get the result they want despite most people in Scotland wanting to stay within the UK.  Had they gained independence previously the country would be bankrupt by now but then that is why Sturgeon is crawling up the EU's arse.  Truth being they need them for their next bail out!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 12:21:58 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.