Author Topic: Have we learned anything new from the Cipriano case?  (Read 25840 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Have we learned anything new from the Cipriano case?
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2017, 03:10:55 PM »
One could also argue that the circumstances surrounding her first interrogation aren't very clear, either. If the entire interrogation sessions (both formal and, erm, informal)  had been recorded and we were able to watch them, perhaps I'd be less suspicious. The same goes for João (all his interrogations and anything leading up to and including that bizarre reconstruction).

Anyone in authority can say anything if there's no accountability.

Excellent poiint Carana

Nothing to verify what Amaral claimed

Offline John

« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2017, 01:17:11 PM »
Have you ever found any evidence of that, John?

As a former police officer I know what goes on.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2017, 01:19:12 PM »
Excellent poiint Carana

Nothing to verify what Amaral claimed

The police video which João Cipriano starred in speaks for itself. He knew exactly what happened to the child otherwise he couldn't have gone through the entire episode for the benefit of the camera.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:22:55 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Carana

« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2017, 11:28:15 AM »
As a former police officer I know what goes on.

Then I expect you know about false confessions, then.

Offline Carana

Offline John

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 01:32:11 AM by John »

Offline Carana

« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2017, 11:33:12 AM »
Yes, absolutely serious.  Only the perpetrator of the crime would know exactly what was done and when.  A fantasist or a time waster would not have had the knowledge to take part in that video.

If you read the press interview with Leandro (published BEFORE Madeleine's disappearance), he said that João appeared to be in a strange state that day. As you'll remember, Leandro had to accompany them to the house to give them the keys.

Do you really imagine that he went there without any form of coercion?

How does anyone not present during that "reconstruction" know whether he was given a scenario to act out?

I can't find any phsyical evidence in the files to support that what he "reconstructed" actually happened. The other guys could have come back at any moment - how on earth would he have had time to chop up a body, stuff the bits in the small fridge, change his mind, take it all out again, stuff the remains somewhere else, between them clean up all the gory mess everywhere...

IMO, it sounds more like a 10-year-old's first attempt at writing a crime story than anything plausible in those circumstances.

If one or both are indeed guilty of whatever actually happened to her (to date unknown), I don't see how it could have happened as alleged via this "reconstruction".