Author Topic: Did Madeleine Spend Christmas Alone at Her Grandma’s ?  (Read 9541 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Did Madeleine Spend Christmas Alone at Her Grandma’s ?
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2018, 05:58:06 PM »

Quite some time ago it seems.....long before they went to Portugal....

I think it was around the time Gerry started blogging.

I wonder if it was a private diary just for herself why she explains who Cherie Blair was ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2018, 06:00:43 PM »
I think it was around the time Gerry started blogging.

I wonder if it was a private diary just for herself why she explains who Cherie Blair was ?
Do you have a cite?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline xtina

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2018, 06:12:37 PM »
Do you have a cite?

It seems here she is talking of her children as three.....

I can't see them picking something like this out of thin air

Kate's diaries
Last updated at 20:48 13 September 2007

Portuguese newspapers are claiming to have seen Kate McCann's diary and have published what they say are extracts.
Kate is alleged to have moaned about her missing daughter in her diary and the lack of help she gets from her husband with domestic chores and bringing up their three kids.

Portuguese tabloid Correio da Manha headlined its front page today: "Kate insults her children in her diary." It claimed on an inside page: "She complains frequently that her children are 'hysterical' and speaks of Madeleine as a child whose excess activity exhausts her.

"She tells also how Gerry doesn't help her with the family chores and that she has to cope alone with her two youngest children."
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2018, 06:23:42 PM »

It seems here she is talking of her children as three.....

I can't see them picking something like this out of thin air

Kate's diaries
Last updated at 20:48 13 September 2007

Portuguese newspapers are claiming to have seen Kate McCann's diary and have published what they say are extracts.
Kate is alleged to have moaned about her missing daughter in her diary and the lack of help she gets from her husband with domestic chores and bringing up their three kids.

Portuguese tabloid Correio da Manha headlined its front page today: "Kate insults her children in her diary." It claimed on an inside page: "She complains frequently that her children are 'hysterical' and speaks of Madeleine as a child whose excess activity exhausts her.

"She tells also how Gerry doesn't help her with the family chores and that she has to cope alone with her two youngest children."
I was asking for the cite about Cherie Blair.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2018, 07:02:57 PM »
I was asking for the cite about Cherie Blair.
You should have made it clearer at the beginning it was what you wanted cited.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2018, 09:46:23 PM »
It has been said Snowgirl by supporters and sceptics alike to fit their own personal agendas.

Supporters use it to explain the reasoning behind question 41 in Kate’s arguido interview. Sceptics use it to show what uncaring parents the McCanns were. However if you read the quote Eileen McCann is being asked specifically about Madeleine so answers in the same vein.

I agree, we can't really take anything negative from this.  I am absolutley behind Kate McCann on this one. If kate was exhausted and maybe a touch of PND, there is nothng wrong with letting Maddie spend some or most of the day with grannie. She was only two!  The fact that Gerry was a blokey bloke and didn't do 'hands on dad stuff, it must have been an absolute nighmare for Kate.  I wholly sympathise with her predicament, and won't condem her for taking breaks and handing all or just MBM over to family for some respite. My mother did that, and she loved us dearly.

It is interesting,how Gerry is playing a lot of tennis, he sends DP to help Kate with the tired children? what no doting dad?, this was quite clear this was a 'Gerry holiday'. Kate didn't want to leave the kids after MBM complained but Gerry said it was OK. He took THAT decision!   That is why his 'tearful dad' interview holds no sympathy from me.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline jassi

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2018, 09:49:28 PM »
I agree, we can't really take anything negative from this.  I am absolutley behind Kate McCann on this one. If kate was exhausted and maybe a touch of PND, there is nothng wrong with letting Maddie spend some or most of the day with grannie. She was only two!  The fact that Gerry was a blokey bloke and didn't do 'hands on dad stuff, it must have been an absolute nighmare for Kate.  I wholly sympathise with her predicament, and won't condem her for taking breaks and handing all or just MBM over to family for some respite. My mother did that, and she loved us dearly.

It is interesting,how Gerry is playing a lot of tennis, he sends DP to help Kate with the tired children? what no doting dad?, this was quite clear this was a 'Gerry holiday'. Kate didn't want to leave the kids after MBM complained but Gerry said it was OK. He took THAT decision!   That is why his 'tearful dad' interview holds no sympathy from me.

Only problem with that is that one grannie lived in Glasgow and the other on in Liverpool.
Bit of a long way for a day trip from Leicesteshire
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2018, 10:05:21 PM »
Only problem with that is that one grannie lived in Glasgow and the other on in Liverpool.
Bit of a long way for a day trip from Leicesteshire

No, I don't see that as at problem at all. They had family all over Scotland. We don't even know how long Maddie was there staying with Granny. She was only two, and would still be having tantrums and naps lol

I can find plenty faults with some of  their behaviour- but not on this account. Gerry comes across as if he couldn't be bothered with the kids and was happy to leave them alone while he had peace to wine and dine and flirt?. Kate wasn't , If I read it correctly, but she did need a break from them for sure!

It would be very interesting if we knew that Gerry spent a whole day looking after his three children from morning till bedtime with out any help!... hmmmm
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2018, 01:44:16 AM »
When did Kate start writing the diary?
Madeleine McCann mother's diary of love
By Emma Henry11:47AM BST 13 Sep 2007

The diary that the Portuguese prosecutor wants to seize was started by Madeleine McCann's mother to prove to her missing daughter that she had not been forgotten.

Kate McCann kept a handwritten journal during her four months in Portugal, and was frequently seen writing in it after Madeleine disappeared from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on May 3.

Philomena McCann, Mr McCann's sister, said she advised her sister-in-law, who is now a formal suspect in the case, to keep the diary to show Madeleine how much they loved her.

She told The Sun: "I asked Kate to keep this journal because at first the Portuguese police were doing very little.

"A lot of the things that happened were only because of the family contacting the media.

"So I said to Kate that it would be a good idea if someone wrote down, for Madeleine, notes on everything that was happening, because we have to prove to Madeleine how much we looked for her and how much we love her.

"That wee girl will be thinking, 'They're not looking for me. My mummy, daddy and my aunties - they don't love me because they can't find me'. "I was just thinking about how insecure Madeleine would be, so Kate has been keeping that journal faithfully every day.

"She's been writing down everything that we've been doing so we can prove to Madeleine that we have worked so hard to try and find her, that we've put our lives on hold to search for her and show our love for her is unending."

Ms McCann questioned why the Portuguese authorities wanted the diary now, saying: "God knows what they are expecting to find.

"And why didn't they ask for it before? It's just another way to stick the knife in."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1562993/Madeleine-McCann-mothers-diary-of-love.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline xtina

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2018, 07:55:31 AM »

The diary that the Portuguese prosecutor wants to seize was started by Madeleine McCann's mother to prove to her missing daughter that she had not been forgotten.

Kate McCann kept a handwritten journal during her four months in Portugal, and was frequently seen writing in it after Madeleine disappeared from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on May 3.

Philomena McCann, Mr McCann's sister, said she advised her sister-in-law, who is now a formal suspect in the case, to keep the diary to show Madeleine how much they loved her.

She told The Sun: "I asked Kate to keep this journal because at first the Portuguese police were doing very little.

"A lot of the things that happened were only because of the family contacting the media.

"So I said to Kate that it would be a good idea if someone wrote down, for Madeleine, notes on everything that was happening, because we have to prove to Madeleine how much we looked for her and how much we love her.

"That wee girl will be thinking, 'They're not looking for me. My mummy, daddy and my aunties - they don't love me because they can't find me'. "I was just thinking about how insecure Madeleine would be, so Kate has been keeping that journal faithfully every day.

"She's been writing down everything that we've been doing so we can prove to Madeleine that we have worked so hard to try and find her, that we've put our lives on hold to search for her and show our love for her is unending."

Ms McCann questioned why the Portuguese authorities wanted the diary now, saying: "God knows what they are expecting to find.

"And why didn't they ask for it before? It's just another way to stick the knife in."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1562993/Madeleine-McCann-mothers-diary-of-love.html

I think Philomena went a bit ott...i cant see maddie wanting to know this...

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/17-July8/CORREIO_DA_MANHA_31_07_2008.htm

Kate tried to hide twins' tantrums
It can also be perceived in some of the writings that Kate wanted to avoid the tensions with her smaller children to become known by the media. Just like she describes it about a tantrum from Amelie dated June 4, when the little girl started yelling in the car. "They fell asleep. Sean instantly, Amelie only after throwing a big tantrum while we tried to sit her into the baby seat – all in front of the Portuguese media!!! – and then we stopped on the way so we could cuddle them outside of the car trunk. I sometimes worry that Amelie may be missing Maddie more than we thought. Maybe I'm being paranoid?", writes Kate, who on the next day left her children in the creche again. "After a shower and breakfast, take Sean and Amelie to the Kids Club".

On the 14th of June, Kate shows her tiredness again, not only over Maddie's disappearance but also over the care that the smaller ones demanded. "Sean slept with me most of the night after half an hour of hysterics at half past midnight", she reveals, while three days later she complains again that her children now fall asleep at a later time. "I tried to take Sean and Amelie to bed at around 7.30 p.m. but it took rather long again – especially AMELIE", Kate recognises.

On the 21st of June, Kate is ironical about the children's behaviour: "Sean and Amelie's biological clocks seem to have changed now. They go to bed later and they get up later!!! I think they are becoming Portuguese", says Kate, who on the 4th of May, during the first questioning, guaranteed that her children always went to bed at 7.30 p.m.

Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2018, 08:40:21 AM »
I think Philomena went a bit ott...i cant see maddie wanting to know this...

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/17-July8/CORREIO_DA_MANHA_31_07_2008.htm

Kate tried to hide twins' tantrums
It can also be perceived in some of the writings that Kate wanted to avoid the tensions with her smaller children to become known by the media. Just like she describes it about a tantrum from Amelie dated June 4, when the little girl started yelling in the car. "They fell asleep. Sean instantly, Amelie only after throwing a big tantrum while we tried to sit her into the baby seat – all in front of the Portuguese media!!! – and then we stopped on the way so we could cuddle them outside of the car trunk. I sometimes worry that Amelie may be missing Maddie more than we thought. Maybe I'm being paranoid?", writes Kate, who on the next day left her children in the creche again. "After a shower and breakfast, take Sean and Amelie to the Kids Club".

On the 14th of June, Kate shows her tiredness again, not only over Maddie's disappearance but also over the care that the smaller ones demanded. "Sean slept with me most of the night after half an hour of hysterics at half past midnight", she reveals, while three days later she complains again that her children now fall asleep at a later time. "I tried to take Sean and Amelie to bed at around 7.30 p.m. but it took rather long again – especially AMELIE", Kate recognises.

On the 21st of June, Kate is ironical about the children's behaviour: "Sean and Amelie's biological clocks seem to have changed now. They go to bed later and they get up later!!! I think they are becoming Portuguese", says Kate, who on the 4th of May, during the first questioning, guaranteed that her children always went to bed at 7.30 p.m.

Kate's diary was taken by the Portuguese police.
It was copied by the Portuguese Police.
It was leaked by the Portuguese police to the Portuguese press.

Immoral? ... illegal? ... certainly in my opinion certainly not something to eulogise. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Lace

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2018, 08:53:49 AM »
For gods sake!!   All mothers have a bit of a moan about their kids at times,  Kate had three under four,  hard work.  Plus she was working part time.    I think the Portuguese Police misunderstood her diary,   I don't think for one minute Kate had decided to hand Madeleine over to a relative.   Maybe for a holiday,  but not for permanent care of.   Madeleine's name was down to start school,  she was looking forward to it by the sound of things,  she sounded a  a happy contented child.  The creche workers said she was a happy go lucky child,  no child would behave like that if there were problems at home IMO

Where at the actual facts that Madeleine spent Christmas Day alone with her Grand parents in 2005?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2018, 08:59:35 AM »

I thought it was 'Hugh' from CRG who suggested the diary? Kate doesn't mention Philomena in her book.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2018, 09:05:43 AM »
For gods sake!!   All mothers have a bit of a moan about their kids at times,  Kate had three under four,  hard work.  Plus she was working part time.    I think the Portuguese Police misunderstood her diary,   I don't think for one minute Kate had decided to hand Madeleine over to a relative.   Maybe for a holiday,  but not for permanent care of.   Madeleine's name was down to start school,  she was looking forward to it by the sound of things,  she sounded a  a happy contented child.  The creche workers said she was a happy go lucky child,  no child would behave like that if there were problems at home IMO

Where at the actual facts that Madeleine spent Christmas Day alone with her Grand parents in 2005?

It's a fact that her McCann grandfather wasn't there at Christmas 2005.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2018, 09:48:31 AM »
It's a fact that her McCann grandfather wasn't there at Christmas 2005.

Can you give me a link to this information please as I don't think I have read it,  thanks.