Author Topic: On the brink of WWIII?  (Read 2134 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

On the brink of WWIII?
« on: April 12, 2018, 06:34:45 PM »
On of the "selling points" of a Trump presidency was (according to his supporters) that he was a safer pair of hands than Hawkish Hillary particularly with regard to the Middle East, yet here we are on the brink of WWIII.  Thoughts, anyone?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: On the brink of WWIII?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 12:45:20 PM »
Call me naive but I would prefer to see firm evidence of these things ie chemical weapons (Syria) and nerve agents (Russia) before any action is taken let alone military.  We've surely been here before with WMD, haven't we? 

How do we know these substances are state sponsored and haven't fallen into the hands of rogue insiders etc?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 12:48:00 PM »
Call me naive but I would prefer to see firm evidence of these things ie chemical weapons (Syria) and nerve agents (Russia) before any action is taken let alone military.  We've surely been here before with WMD, haven't we? 

How do we know these substances are state sponsored and haven't fallen into the hands of rogue insiders etc?

Or that there's something iffy going on?  Is it just a coincidence we have Syria on the back of Russia? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline kmoore1967

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 05:11:18 PM »
On of the "selling points" of a Trump presidency was (according to his supporters) that he was a safer pair of hands than Hawkish Hillary particularly with regard to the Middle East, yet here we are on the brink of WWIII.  Thoughts, anyone?

We are not on the brink of WWIII. Do you honestly think that Kim Jong Un would really allow those citizens of his that he can barely feed, to receive the US end of a nuclear weapon? No, he is just a puffer, that's all.

Now, with Russia, Putin will do what Russia has always done, ride the tide. Did we go to nuclear war with Kruschev even though that was the biggest fear? No, we didn't.

The whole WWIII dire warning has been active since 1947. No one truly wants nuclear war because they know that two nuclear weapons can destroy a country. Are they really looking for that?

And besides, India is our ally and they know this in Asia. India has nuclear weapons also. Will China make an international stance to assert Chinese military dominance? No, I hardly think so as they seem very keen on economic dominance. Sure, they have Tibet, but would they really take Russia's side knowing India is on ours?

Ok, so exactly who are the Russians trying to defend in Syria and will that lead to WWIII? I'm sorry, but after Putin had to apologize openly for the theater hostage crisis because of Chechen rebels, does he want to face another incident like that? He said no to Chechen independence for a reason, and they know very well in Russia the political unrest in the former Soviet states.

I think Putin would rather be supportive if we sent nuclear bombs to Afghanistan. And seriously, who is going to defend Pakistan when Pakistan knows India has nuclear weapons?

These were all issues long before Trump and they have been bantered around for so long, I think people forget that the same thing was said of Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton and Bush Jr.

IMO.