Poll

Peer Reviewed Research suggests that Scent Dogs of all types have a maximunm combined accuracy of about 90%

I Understand and Accept this
3 (50%)
I believe Scent Dogs are more accurate than this
1 (16.7%)
I am not sure
1 (16.7%)
I don't believe Scent Dogs generally are that accurate
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: July 24, 2018, 11:14:43 AM

Author Topic: Poll - Scent Dogs Accuracy  (Read 237546 times)

debunker

Re: Poll - Scent Dogs Accuracy
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2013, 09:29:54 PM »
Because one was partial and one was mixed and partial?

Redblossom

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2013, 09:41:36 PM »
Because one was partial and one was mixed and partial?
Thats fine, leaving it there for now thanks

Though today in the april jones murder trial they found mixed dna samples and were able to say they came from april jones, mark bridger and one other individual, is it because the samples were not meagre? Low level, incomplete etc
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:13:07 PM by Redblossom »

Offline gilet

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2013, 11:40:22 PM »
Could these pointless polls be unstickied? What do they prove? Nothing at all.

Offline Lace

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2013, 02:21:01 PM »
One of the things I found interesting re. the April Jones case,  is the blood in the grout of the tiles.

I have often wondered,  if Madeleine had fallen and bled behind the sofa,   why Keela didn't alert to a larger area of the tiles as the grout would have soaked up the blood surely?

I find anything that goes onto the grout of tiles is different to clean off.    How would blood of Madeleines get under the tiles and not be in the grout?

Redblossom

« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2013, 08:24:54 PM »
Could these pointless polls be unstickied? What do they prove? Nothing at all.

They prove what they are intended to prove, posters' opinions, that is what  polls are for, no need to have a hernia over it. problem with dogs? Tough. if they are shy te and Gerry says they are whats the problem?
 @)(++(*

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:20:39 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Chinagirl

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2013, 02:40:26 AM »
Redblossom:

if they are shy te and Gerry says they are whats the problem? ???

Translation please.
A

Redblossom

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2013, 03:54:24 PM »
Redblossom:

Translation please.

Gerry Mccann said the dogs are incredibly unreliable, so if anyone believes everything he says, there is no problem here is there? He reckoned he asked for them to be brought in though.
 >@@(*&)

registrar

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2013, 08:10:05 PM »
Redblossom:

Translation please.

Gerry Mccann said the dogs are incredibly unreliable, so if anyone believes everything he says, there is no problem here is there? He reckoned he asked for them to be brought in though.
 >@@(*&)

The Jersey farce proved, Grime and his doggies are as relevant as a Daily Star headline

Redblossom

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2013, 08:20:51 PM »
Redblossom:

Translation please.

>@@(*&)

The Jersey farce proved, Grime and his doggies are as relevant as a Daily Star headline

Just your opinion, not worth any more than anyone elses and your opinion has proved to be worthless by many of your inane posts ie i bet grime made as much in pdl as in jersey, just proves you cant count, seeing as mr grime was in pdl  for a week and in jersey for five months, never mind, not to mention he was still emplyed by syp in pdl and there on a salary

nite nite dont let the dogs bite
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 10:23:29 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Puffin

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2013, 08:02:03 AM »
I don't know much about these kinds of dogs, but this link might be of interest.   >@@(*&)

http://justice4mccannfam.5forum.biz/t1945-poacher-s-view-on-grime-and-the-dogs
ETA  The forum PFA mentioned no longer exists.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 08:06:20 AM by Puffin »
Truth is the property of no individual but is the treasure of all men.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Redblossom

« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2013, 05:37:15 PM »
Interesting Puffin but in his seeming agitation to get alot of *facts* and *truths* across, like somebody was chasing his tail or something, he was in one breath telling us Keela is not a cadaver dog and is trained to find human blood, whilst in many other breaths going on and on about how Keela the cadaver dog, can do this, cant do that, Keela the cadaver dog alerts this way, etc. I found that curious, still, food for thought I suppose, thanks for the link
 8((()*/

debunker

« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2013, 06:18:57 PM »
Interesting Puffin but in his seeming agitation to get alot of *facts* and *truths* across, like somebody was chasing his tail or something, he was in one breath telling us Keela is not a cadaver dog and is trained to find human blood, whilst in many other breaths going on and on about how Keela the cadaver dog, can do this, cant do that, Keela the cadaver dog alerts this way, etc. I found that curious, still, food for thought I suppose, thanks for the link
 8((()*/

There is confusion over what exactly a 'cadaver dog' is. They are called by Grime Enhanced Victim Recovery Dogs (EVRD). VRD are dogs that can smell either/or decayed flesh or blood- all you need when looking for victims. EVRD's are further trained to discriminate decaying flesh and blood dogs just decaying blood (neither react to fresh blood).

It is Grime's claim (not respected by all Dog Handlers and scientists) that dogs like Eddie and Morse can not only find bodoes and victims, but can also indicate non-physical presence (odor alone) of decay.

Not much of this has been tested in any peer reviewed journal in large enough experiments to tell us what is going on.

Offline Puffin

« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2013, 06:19:14 PM »
 8((()*/
I am afraid all I know about dogs is they have 4 legs and a  tail, they slobber, poop where they stand, pee on anything that doesn't move, and hump men's legs.  I don't happen to  like them,  as you have probably gathered.   @)(++(*
Truth is the property of no individual but is the treasure of all men.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Redblossom

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2013, 07:11:45 PM »

There is confusion over what exactly a 'cadaver dog' is. They are called by Grime Enhanced Victim Recovery Dogs (EVRD). VRD are dogs that can smell either/or decayed flesh or blood- all you need when looking for victims. EVRD's are further trained to discriminate decaying flesh and blood dogs just decaying blood (neither react to fresh blood).

It is Grime's claim (not respected by all Dog Handlers and scientists) that dogs like Eddie and Morse can not only find bodoes and victims, but can also indicate non-physical presence (odor alone) of decay.

Not much of this has been tested in any peer reviewed journal in large enough experiments to tell us what is going on.

While that makes interesting reading, it has nothing at all to do with the point I was making.

Redblossom

« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2013, 07:14:28 PM »
 8((()*/
I am afraid all I know about dogs is they have 4 legs and a  tail, they slobber, poop where they stand, pee on anything that doesn't move, and hump men's legs.  I don't happen to  like them,  as you have probably gathered.   @)(++(*

Yes, me too, I knew nothing about all the types of dogs that help police before reading on this case, truly remarkable creatures, they find things that police and scientists cant