Author Topic: Child abduction in Portugal and beyond - is it really so prevalent?  (Read 110353 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: Child abduction in Portugal and beyond - is it really so prevalent?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 02:16:15 PM »
Nobody said she was  8-)(--)
True, then what has this case of paedophilia and murder to do with Madeleine ?

Offline Anna

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 02:27:34 PM »
The trial of the suspects in the death of Mari Luz Cortés, the little five-year-old girl who disappeared in January of 2008, started today in Huelva, under strong security measures.

The main suspect said that he confessed the crime under coercion, adding that due to the pressure that was exercised on him, he could even have confessed to being responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann (the little British girl that disappeared in the Algarve in May of 2007).

Santiago del Valle stated that he had "no idea of what happened to the little girl" because he was not with her "at any time".

The accusation demands 23 years in prison for Santiago del Valle (20 for murder and three for sexual abuse) and 17 for his sister Rosa (for murder).

Mari Luz Cortés disappeared in January of 2008 and was found 54 days later in the river in Huelva.

in: SIC, 16.02.2011

Videos

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2011/02/mari-luz-cortes-case-trial-started-in.html

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline John

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 02:31:32 PM »
The links to the reports which apparently can be 'blown out of the water' according to Columbosstogey.

1. Just 4 weeks before Madeleine disappeared and also in Praia da Luz.  Beast on a bike tried to snatch another British girl.   

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3011.0

2. Just 6 weeks before Madeleine disappeared and 30 miles from Praia da Luz. Detectives are to interview the mother whose drink was spiked by gypsy gang who showed an unnatural interest in her fair-haired daughter.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-claims-madeleine-mccann-kidnappers-3127121

3. A MUM has told Scotland Yard how she chased an intruder away from her Algarve apartment after she found him heading towards her child’s cot

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/madeleine-mccann-cops-probing-claims-3117225
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:39:15 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline jassi

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 02:35:56 PM »
The links to the reports which apparently can be 'blown out of the water' according to Columbosstogey.

1. Beast on a bike targeted girl, 4, weeks before Maddie was snatched 

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3011.0

2. Detectives are to interview the mother whose drink was spiked by gypsy gang who showed an unnatural interest in her fair-haired daughter

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-claims-madeleine-mccann-kidnappers-3127121

3. A MUM has told Scotland Yard how she chased an intruder away from her Algarve apartment after she found him heading towards her child’s cot

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/madeleine-mccann-cops-probing-claims-3117225

Couple of dubious sources, there  ?{)(**
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

AnneGuedes

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 02:57:13 PM »
Couple of dubious sources, there  ?{)(**
Is it all you have, John ?

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 03:04:25 PM »

2. Detectives are to interview the mother whose drink was spiked by gypsy gang who showed an unnatural interest in her fair-haired daughter

"She says she reported the dramatic incident to the Find Madeleine campaign line in 2007, but they were then too busy pursuing other lines of inquiry."

"The mum contacted police last October after a blonde girl found living with Roma gypsies in Greece was mistakenly thought to be Madeleine."

So she rang the find Madeleine campaign line in 2007,
but she didn't bother to ring the police for another 6 years.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Anna

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 03:06:01 PM »
Maybe these were fake too?

APRIL 14, 2004: Praia do Carvoeiro, Lagoa, 20 miles from Praia da Luz (PDA). s.e.x assault on 10-year-old girl.

JUNE 9 2005: Sao Rafael, near Sesmarias, 50 miles from PDA. s.e.x assault on nine-year-old girl.

JUNE 2 2006: Praia do Carvoeiro, Lagoa, 20 miles from PDA. s.e.x assault on seven-year-old girl and her 10-year-old sister in separate rooms.

OCTOBER 29 2006: Albufeira, 45 miles from PDA. s.e.x assault on eight-year-old girl

CHRISTMAS DAY, 2006: Silves, 35 miles from PDA. Attempted abduction of three-year-old girl.

MAY 28 2007: Albufeira. 45 miles from PDA. Intruder disturbed at the bottom of nine-year-old girl's bed.

These all occurred after Casa Pia trial started 2004, which didn't end until 2010
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline John

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 03:14:12 PM »
Opening post for info...

There is without doubt a history of child disappearances on the Algarve going back many years.  I have purposely not used the abduction label since abduction has not been proven in several of the cases such as René Hasée (6), Joana Cipriano (8) and Madeleine McCann (almost 4).   There is also an alarming number of reports of British children, mainly girls, being targeted.

Some people choose to disregard these reports referring to them as Maddie hype, bogus, fantasy and the such like.  Whatever ones views are, there is without doubt something sinister going on which the Portuguese authorities appear unable or unwilling to stop.

Please discuss.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 03:19:50 PM »
The blinkered approach by some to what has and is going on with these children says much about them.

Can I ask you Anne, are you so naive as to believe these events didn't occur??   Is one case of child abduction not one too many or are you merely an apologist for all things Portuguese?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:21:57 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 03:30:14 PM »
Is it all you have, John ?

Two attempts to snatch a British child in and near Praia da Luz just weeks before Madeleine disappeared and you ask is that all I have?   Unbelievable Anne!

Offline jassi

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 04:03:35 PM »
Two attempts to snatch a British child in and near Praia da Luz just weeks before Madeleine disappeared and you ask is that all I have?   Unbelievable Anne!

From the Tabloid sources provided, I wouldn't know whether to believe them or not.
Are there any verifiable police reports of these incidents?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:26:43 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Cariad

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 04:07:42 PM »
Opening post for info...

There is without doubt a history of child disappearances on the Algarve going back many years.  I have purposely not used the abduction label since abduction has not been proven in several of the cases such as René Hasée (6), Joana Cipriano (8) and Madeleine McCann (almost 4).   There is also an alarming number of reports of British children, mainly girls, being targeted.

Some people choose to disregard these reports referring to them as Maddie hype, bogus, fantasy and the such like.  Whatever ones views are, there is without doubt something sinister going on which the Portuguese authorities appear unable or unwilling to stop.

Please discuss.

Ok, is it statistically significant though? Is there a larger percentage of child disappearances in the Algarve than in other countries, taking into account population size, education levels and economic prosperity?

Without that information, we cant really have a discussion.

Lyall

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 04:20:14 PM »

"She says she reported the dramatic incident to the Find Madeleine campaign line in 2007, but they were then too busy pursuing other lines of inquiry."

Yep, in Morocco >@@(*&)

AnneGuedes

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 04:36:48 PM »
The blinkered approach by some to what has and is going on with these children says much about them.

Can I ask you Anne, are you so naive as to believe these events didn't occur??   Is one case of child abduction not one too many or are you merely an apologist for all things Portuguese?
I'm very naive, sure, I don't believe that no Boeing smashed the Pentagone in 9 eleven, for instance.

Estuarine

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 04:40:42 PM »
Ok, is it statistically significant though? Is there a larger percentage of child disappearances in the Algarve than in other countries, taking into account population size, education levels and economic prosperity?

Without that information, we cant really have a discussion.

I tend to agree that we cannot have an informed debate without proper (official) data. Data gleaned from that tinternet can be misleading depending on the bias of the source. I am also wary of quoting mileages from PdL; of what relevance is it?. In the UK for example Coventry is about 50 miles from Stafford, less or more they are linked by the M6. Why would a crime committed in Stafford this year be linked to similar crime in Coventry 2 years earlier?. It would probably have a tape run over it to see if there were common details but no conclusion would be jumped to on the basis of its only 50 miles away. By all means lets have a look over say a ten year period for all children abducted in Portugal and plot the locations and all relevant details then try to draw a conclusion. But so far we seem to be saying children are abducted in Portugal some of whom were on the Algarve. Yes and?