Author Topic: A proven miscarriage of justice in Portugal  (Read 18626 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: A proven miscarriage of justice in Portugal
« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2019, 03:18:56 PM »

The McCanns don't have  very good record in looking after their children...

There is no evidence to support Kate and Gerrys account of what they say happened. NONE.
Even JT's 'sighting' has been washed away in the  story telling tide.

No it hasn't.  Please stop offering Opinion as Fact.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2019, 04:52:08 PM »
While here we use metal grill fencing that is 2m high and is mass-produced as standard.  You can go to Google streetview and check the school out for yourself.

I have no idea if the school PERIMETER fence gets locked or not.  I was on the OUTSIDE walking down the street while the child was on the INSIDE.  I had no reason to check the gates.

Let me leave UK residents with a Dunblane mentality.  It sounds to me akin to the idea of arming all teachers in the US to prevent another school massacre there.  I don't want to live in either type of mentality.

Here we look after our kids.  The McCanns chose not to.   *&^^&

I taught for many years  with the consequences of the aftermath of the "Dunblane mentality" and also witnesssed on my television the horror of Dunblane.

The first time I took my class to the gymn hall after that massacre, I found it difficult to conduct the gymn lesson.

Here people do look after their children, I personally hate the use of the word "kids".

The shock and horror of what happened to those children and their teacher will live in my memory and those of the people of Scotland and indeed throughout the world.

Perhaps at some time you should consider that if an atrocity could happen in a little quiet village in Scotland, then it could also happen in your Utopia.

The changes in security have made no difference to the children in either their work or play..
As to the suggestion that these security measures are " akin to arming  teachers", I find that a particularly insensitive comment when it was the fact that an armed deranged individual who was able to walk into a little village school and carry out such a heinous massacre.
If it could happen in Dunblane Scotland, then it could happen anywhere, including your beloved Portugal!!

« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 06:29:26 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2019, 06:31:10 PM »
What a bizarre stance!

Let me clarify, yet again.  I approached no-one.  The young boy initiated a conversation.

You still see this as an issue.  From the above, the headmaster would be found 'guilty' for the actions of your child.   That reeks of blame shifting from your child and yourself to a 3rd party.

We don't build our schools like concentration camps here.  Perhaps the UK now does.  Should every school perimeter fence be torn fence be torn down and replaced with solid 2m high fences to stop a young child from starting such a conversation?  Or perhaps an exclusion zone of, say 50m, around the outside for anyone 'unknown', (including 'creepy' parents)?

I'll leave you to be rude to such a small child.  Here we look after our kids, not teach them to be anti-social.
You really are beyond reasonable discussion now.  Did I suggest schools should have 2 metre high fences of 50 metre exclusion zones?  No.  I suggested that playground supervisors should supervise kids and make sure they don’t get in harm’s way.  Climbing fences like “monkeys “ to talk to strange men would be one such activity a playground supervisor should be discouraging.  You’ve made it very clear you disagree with the notion of primary school kids being supervised at playtime, and have gone so far as to say it’s creepy.  Well, I guess it takes all sorts to make a world go round...  @)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2019, 06:33:47 PM »
But you can discount abduction from the bedroom- no evidence.
the sad case of Alesha McPhail proves you are wrong.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2019, 09:54:28 PM »
The daughter of two doctors to boot

I’ve heard it all now.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 11:02:08 PM by Eleanor »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #185 on: February 26, 2019, 10:36:38 PM »
I’ve heard it all now.

Strange you didn’t show up as being online but still managed to edit my post. Why have you started to hide your on line status Brietta ?
Says the phantom Faithlilly who always hides hers!  @)(++(*

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2019, 10:52:21 AM »

I taught for many years  with the consequences of the aftermath of the "Dunblane mentality" and also witnesssed on my television the horror of Dunblane.

The first time I took my class to the gymn hall after that massacre, I found it difficult to conduct the gymn lesson.

Here people do look after their children, I personally hate the use of the word "kids".

The shock and horror of what happened to those children and their teacher will live in my memory and those of the people of Scotland and indeed throughout the world.

Perhaps at some time you should consider that if an atrocity could happen in a little quiet village in Scotland, then it could also happen in your Utopia.

The changes in security have made no difference to the children in either their work or play..
As to the suggestion that these security measures are " akin to arming  teachers", I find that a particularly insensitive comment when it was the fact that an armed deranged individual who was able to walk into a little village school and carry out such a heinous massacre.
If it could happen in Dunblane Scotland, then it could happen anywhere, including your beloved Portugal!!
You have missed the point entirely.

The gun advocates in the US have stated, after several school massacres, that the solution is arming all school teachers and, presumably, training them how to kill people.

I am of the opinion that I want teachers to teach, not to learn how to kill.  Here all teachers are called professor or professora.  I only know which is the equivalent of a UK Professor if I find out they teach in a university.

I cannot see Dunblane as having any relevance whatsoever as to whether I should have replied to a friendly schoolchild in Luz.

Here we look after our kids.  The McCanns didn't.  Simple.
What's up, old man?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2019, 11:00:33 AM »
You really are beyond reasonable discussion now.  Did I suggest schools should have 2 metre high fences of 50 metre exclusion zones?  No.  I suggested that playground supervisors should supervise kids and make sure they don’t get in harm’s way.  Climbing fences like “monkeys “ to talk to strange men would be one such activity a playground supervisor should be discouraging.  You’ve made it very clear you disagree with the notion of primary school kids being supervised at playtime, and have gone so far as to say it’s creepy.  Well, I guess it takes all sorts to make a world go round...  @)(++(*

Indeed it does!
I must inform my daughter in law, who is a teacher and as part of her duties as a depute head will sometimes take part in the supervising of the children in the playground, that her sterling care of  the children is considered by some to be "creepy"
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 11:06:06 AM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2019, 11:01:08 AM »
I’ve heard it all now.
I believe Clarence Mitchell came up with this stupid notion on one of the 10th anniversary specials.  Shortly before he claimed the PIs were acting legally, then technically illegally, then claiming that this was one of obstacles to the McCanns investigation.  Quite farcical.

What's up, old man?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #189 on: February 27, 2019, 11:05:44 AM »
I believe Clarence Mitchell came up with this stupid notion on one of the 10th anniversary specials.  Shortly before he claimed the PIs were acting legally, then technically illegally, then claiming that this was one of obstacles to the McCanns investigation.  Quite farcical.

Indeed. The idea that a child would be abducted because their parents were both doctors is simply laughable.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Brietta

« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2019, 12:17:02 PM »
You so often post the most clearly misunderstood opinions gained from snatching at entirely the wrong end of the stick on just about everything.

Your predilection for rubbishing the efforts past and present of anyone attempting to further Madeleine's case either by means of the media or by the means of using private detectives at a time when absolutely no one in either in British or Portuguese officialdom was the least bit bothered is palpable.

But possibly nothing ... absolutely nothing ... illustrates your total ignorance than your opinion on the national trauma suffered in Scotland as a result of the Dunblane massacre.

A quick read of the situation regarding the gun laws of the US and Britain should clarify matters a little just as contemplation of the speed with which it is sometimes necessary for schools to have lock down procedures in place such as when Lee Rigby was murdered nearby.

The teachers still teach.  The pupils still study in probable ignorance of all the efforts which are in place for their security.

I think there may be more security measures and surveillance of the children while on Portuguese school premises than you may be aware of and if there isn't perhaps there should be.

Snip
Thanks to North and other campaigning parents, each of the handguns Hamilton used is now illegal to possess in Britain. The Gun Control Network, of which North was a founding member, was a crucial voice in the fight to stop more children dying in gun massacres.

After Dunblane, a ban in Britain was mooted almost immediately.

"I just do not understand the logic of arming teachers," a baffled North told Morgan. "The idea that because the problem is guns, the answer is more guns, is ridiculous."
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/03/13/dunblane-sandy-hook-mick-north_n_9290228.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFvLkGdRof9MYlyxCeNZC5gcv2aN8i3aroNtUmWw-GQThubjf3eY96QAIm9JMMGnzAu40XVkT5Mko1EvpT2vL19l54YXq57DmltUqAU1EWSLQ8-ad6JKrltKkAgDVBg6oNEONaJzZBpmHs5ud19Moo2pP8LFYpMTIr_OVuby5Kb2
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #191 on: February 27, 2019, 12:20:56 PM »
Indeed. The idea that a child would be abducted because their parents were both doctors is simply laughable.

Thats what happens when you take things out of context....which has happened a  lot in this case...the significance of the remark becomes totally altered.....the sceptic cause is built on out of context remarks....thats whats laughable

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2019, 12:57:20 PM »
Thats what happens when you take things out of context....which has happened a  lot in this case...the significance of the remark becomes totally altered.....the sceptic cause is built on out of context remarks....thats whats laughable

Then perhaps you will clarify the context.......oh yes I know you can’t be bothered, are bored, not worth the effort ( delete as necessary). Isn’t that how it goes ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2019, 01:06:40 PM »
Then perhaps you will clarify the context.......oh yes I know you can’t be bothered, are bored, not worth the effort ( delete as necessary). Isn’t that how it goes ?

why should I have need to explain to you...if you want to think I beleive maddie was targetted because she was the daughter of two doctors...carry on

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2019, 01:15:38 PM »
why should I have need to explain to you...if you want to think I beleive maddie was targetted because she was the daughter of two doctors...carry on

As I thought....