Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius trial commences in Pretoria, South Africa. Includes Court video.  (Read 150655 times)

Offline Tim Invictus

If there were any screams of any kind before the shots then the judge has to find OP guilty.

It looks like the defense is going to suggest the gun shot noises were actually OP bashing the toilet door down with a cricket bat! And the woman's screams heard were actually OP screaming very high pitched because he was so frantic!

Very weak in my opinion!

Offline John

Interesting that the South African Judiciary decided to let a black female judge hear the case when both the shooter and the victim are white.  Any thoughts on this folks?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Tim Invictus

Interesting that the South African Judiciary decided to let a black female judge hear the case when both the shooter and the victim are white.  Any thoughts on this folks?

Probably directed to by the ANC.

Personally after O J Simpson and Casey Anthony, I am glad there is no jury. Too many jurors in big cases want their own 15 minutes of fame by swimming against the tide!

Lyall

Is it just the one charge? Murder or acquittal?

Lyall

Typical class shown in the UK I see: betting on the trial outcome. Smooth.

Redblossom

Yes Redblossom, I agree.

He had the same smirk on his face coming out of court today.

Well, it doesnt prove he is guilty of course maybe just a look at me Im a celebrity!! kind of thing! Urgh

If there were any screams of any kind before the shots then the judge has to find OP guilty.

It looks like the defense is going to suggest the gun shot noises were actually OP bashing the toilet door down with a cricket bat! And the woman's screams heard were actually OP screaming very high pitched because he was so frantic!

Very weak in my opinion!

Agreed there.

Criminal law experts believe that if the prosecution fails to prove premeditated murder, firing several shots through a closed door could bring a conviction for the lesser charge of culpable homicide, a South African equivalent of manslaughter covering unintentional deaths through negligence. Sentences in such cases range from fines to prison. They are left to courts to determine and are not set by fixed guidelines.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/03/oscar-pistorius-trial-begins

Offline Tim Invictus

Yes just one charge, murder! There are three other minor charges involving misuse of a firearm and ammunition in instances not related to the MURDER of Reeva.

Lyall

Yes just one charge, murder! There are three other minor charges involving misuse of a firearm and ammunition in instances not related to the MURDER of Reeva.

I know but they can change it later as Red says?

You can't just gun people down and walk away. Can you? >@@(*&)

Brunty's down at the trial, Red 8)-)))

Redblossom

I know but they can change it later as Red says?

You can't just gun people down and walk away. Can you? >@@(*&)

Brunty's down at the trial, Red 8)-)))

Yes I saw him LOL on Sky, sorry, he just makes me laugh for some reason, I think  its somethng to do with tryng really hard to put on a straight face and not get a word wrong

The gun charges brought I think were to do with painting a picture of him being trigger happy. A year before his gun just "went off" whilst he was in a car with friends and then again it just "went off" in a restaraunt! Self shooting guns hey? Dangerous. He pleaded not guilty, it was the guns fault.

As for gunnng people down and walking away, Scot free, I agree, it doesnt seem right but he didnt know it was HER so defence is self defence

Lyall

Interesting case Red. So far I don't see him not being convicted of something but it's early days.

What do you think? How do you shoot somebody dead through a closed door? Wound maybe, but accuracy enough to kill?

Redblossom

Interesting case Red. So far I don't see him not being convicted of something but it's early days.

What do you think? How do you shoot somebody dead through a closed door? Wound maybe, but accuracy enough to kill?

Thats a very good question!

I think he is guilty as sin as the story doesnt stack up much. But lets see.

Eta the prosecution have over a hundred witnesses! Roux and the other guy are going to have their work cut out here.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:40:16 PM by Redblossom »

Lyall

A hundred? But I read the trial is expected to be over in three weeks (I think!)

(checking..)

Redblossom

A hundred? But I read the trial is expected to be over in three weeks (I think!)

(checking..)

it was off the guardian link i posted earlier, but yes yu are right its been reported the trial is expected to take three weeks but could go on further!

State prosecutors are expected to paint an unflattering portrait of Pistorius as reckless, hot-headed and obsessed with guns, and have lined up 107 witnesses for the trial, including Pistorius's ex-girlfriends Melissa Rom and Samantha Taylor, whose mother welcomed the end of their relationship. Erin Stear, who has denied reports she had an affair with Pistorius, will also take the stand, as will the former footballer Mark Batchelor, who has claimed that Pistorius threatened to "break my legs" because he was a close friend of Steenkamp, a law graduate, model and reality TV star.

G'nite now Lyall, tomorrow will be as interesting
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:23:41 PM by Redblossom »

Lyall

Cheers, Red. Looks like a longer trial than I thought then.

I've just been reading a few pages and I have a list of questions for Mr P already. Itwill be interesting to see how they're answered through the trial.

Offline Tim Invictus

The prosecution may not call all 100+ witnesses. For example the neighbour who testified today was listed as #80. I hope they don't drag it out. Short and sharp does the trick.