Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius trial commences in Pretoria, South Africa. Includes Court video.  (Read 150656 times)

Offline Sherlock Holmes

The prosecution may not call all 100+ witnesses. For example the neighbour who testified today was listed as #80. I hope they don't drag it out. Short and sharp does the trick.

That is my understanding of the system, Tim. The witnesses are provided by the prosecution and defense and the  judge is under no obligation to hear everyone on the list.

She will wind things up when she feels she has sufficient evidence to make a decision.  So in theory things could go relatively swiftly.

Offline Angelo222

Day 2 sees first prosecution witness Dr Michelle Burger take the stand again as defence attorney Roux attempts to shake her testimony.   

The judge is far too lax with defence lawyer Barry Roux.  How many times is he allowed to ask the same stupid question?  Witness Michelle Burger has stated what the series of events were which she heard that night and all Roux is attempting to do is discredit her.  That is a classic attempt to muddy the waters rather than get to the truth.

He wouldn't be allowed to get away with that shit in a British court but then again this is newly emancipated South Africa.

Could I just add, Pistorius is guilty of an unlawful killing, there is no excuse for what he did.  He hasn't served a single day in prison for his crime so let's hope this changes and very soon too!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:19:02 AM by John »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Redblossom

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:37:53 AM by Redblossom »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Dr Burger a credit to her sex.

Not being flustered by his techniques and patronising tones.

'It's not a difficult question to answer'

'No, I've answered it eight times.'

Redblossom

Dr Burger a credit to her sex.

Not being flustered by his techniques and patronising tones.

'It's not a difficult question to answer'

'No, I've answered it eight times.'

Roux has been shown up to be the prize prat that he is, in more ways than one, long may it contnue!

Offline Tim Invictus

The fact the defense lawyer feels the need to try to badger and bully a witness into changing her story smacks of desperation to me! If one female scream was heard at anytime by any witness then Oscar Pistol-swagger has to be guilty .... end of!

I believe that witness 100%.

Lyall

Mr Pistorius appears to be having to wade through a mob to get into the court (unless the footage is from last year). That's not good - the judge ought to sort that out.

Offline colombosstogey

2 women have more or less said the same thing. IF there was arguing for hours before the shooting it shows they were awake and together so either way he has lied. I believe these 2 women. Still he will probably get away with it some how. I have no confidence in these cases.

Offline Tim Invictus

2 women have more or less said the same thing. IF there was arguing for hours before the shooting it shows they were awake and together so either way he has lied. I believe these 2 women. Still he will probably get away with it some how. I have no confidence in these cases.

I am optimistic justice will be done. The atmosphere in South Africa does not seem pro Pistorius. The only demonstrations outside the court have been the ANC women protesting against violence to women, so effectively supporting Reeva.

Bamber has no chance of release. Simon Hall didn't get away with murder. Lee Rigby's killers got the right sentences. Shrien Dewani should be extradited soon .... justice seems to be on a winning streak!

Offline Amazon

What I dont understand though is, if the screams were so bloodcurdling, why she did nothing about it until she'd heard about what happened the next morning. Sorry, I just heard a news item saying that, I haven't listened to the testimony yet. Need to catch up! Did she call the police or alert anyone?

Offline Air Con

Snip.....
 And the woman's screams heard were actually OP screaming very high pitched because he was so frantic!

Very weak in my opinion!

Read that on the sky news feed on twitter yesterday.

Apparently they've got witnesses who can contest to it being true.

So he really is a big girl then.

If I was in his shoes and that was my only defence I'd be extremely worried.

Offline Angelo222

I totally agree, not only two women but Michelle Burgers hubby Charl too.  If Roux is trying to engender the notion that it was all one big coincidence he is on a hiding to nothing.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:24:21 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Myster

What I dont understand though is, if the screams were so bloodcurdling, why she did nothing about it until she'd heard about what happened the next morning. Sorry, I just heard a news item saying that, I haven't listened to the testimony yet. Need to catch up! Did she call the police or alert anyone?

She said her husband phoned security just after she heard the first screams. Listen to the video clip about half way through here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-26418086
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Redblossom

I found these on youtube, for anyone who wants to watch them.

Monday 3rd March, Session 1

Session 2

Tuesday 4th March

Offline Tim Invictus

She said her husband phoned security just after she heard the first screams. Listen to the video clip about half way through here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-26418086

She said hubby called security BEFORE the gun shots ... if that is proven then that is damning evidence too.

Remember this witness lived in the neighbouring compound to OP's so calling her security seems more than reasonable to me.