Author Topic: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive  (Read 81033 times)

Offline sadie

Re: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2018, 02:19:19 AM »
Six months per ILOR is the suggested guide line CPS[not solely for Portugal].
All this has been done ad nauseam.
That's the system for you, it will not change simply because a few folk believe the McCanns are a special case.
It's also what you wind up with after political interference [David Cameron allowing himself to be shanghaied into overruling his Home Sec and head of MPS].

The original objective of O.G was:
"The investigative review is intended to collate, record and analyse what has gone before.
It is to examine the case and seek to determine, (as if the abduction occurred in the UK) what additional, new investigative approaches we would take and which can assist the Portuguese authorities in progressing the matter".
What ever they were they have not advanced the case much.

How do youi KNOW that?

Offline sadie

« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2018, 02:28:41 AM »
Everyone knew that before O.G. started. They would have been civilians in Portugal with no powers so it is hardly an earth shattering revelation 11 years down the track is it now?
The scuttlebutt at the time among supporters was " just you wait, SY, a real police force, will go through it like a dose of salts" etc. It would seem that did not occur. Rather predictably it didn't happen and the blame is now being placed on the system.
We had much ado about 130 odd leads identified. What's the excuse over that seemingly having gone nowhere fast?

"Seemingly" is the operative word.

SY have remained silent so you just do NOT KNOW, do you ?

I suggest that you, like the rest of us, wait and see.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2018, 07:35:39 AM »
"Seemingly" is the operative word.

SY have remained silent so you just do NOT KNOW, do you ?

I suggest that you, like the rest of us, wait and see.

The McCanns were vocal in their criticism of the Portuguese Police right from the start of their investigation and throughout it.   Yet they seem so "grateful" to Scotland Yard, even after many years, for achieving exactly what??

We have had no criticism whatsover from the McCann side of Scotland Yard.

Also why do the McCanns never say they are grateful to the current PJ investigation?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2018, 07:58:28 AM »
The McCanns were vocal in their criticism of the Portuguese Police right from the start of their investigation and throughout it.   Yet they seem so "grateful" to Scotland Yard, even after many years, for achieving exactly what??

We have had no criticism whatsover from the McCann side of Scotland Yard.

Also why do the McCanns never say they are grateful to the current PJ investigation?
Perhaps because the current PJ investigation is just a sham?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2018, 08:57:10 AM »

I agree.... And if Grange has made no progress perhaps it's because the PJ didn't want it to

Offline xtina

« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2018, 09:06:04 AM »
I havent failed anything...just sorted the wheat from the chaff...a much needed skill in this case

lol ....that's ok if you know what the wheat and the chaff is....

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 09:15:16 AM by Eleanor »
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2018, 10:12:06 AM »
Perhaps OG was just a sham?

I don't see such comments as adding anything to the debate.  Do you?
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2018, 10:15:01 AM »
Perhaps OG was just a sham?

I don't see such comments as adding anything to the debate.  Do you?
If you don’t like my comments you can simply ignore them you know.  I think however it’s valid to question the current PJ investigation as much as it is to question Operation Grange.  You have been highly critical of the latter, but I don’t hear a peep out of you about the former, why is that?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline xtina

« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2018, 10:33:07 AM »
If you don’t like my comments you can simply ignore them you know.  I think however it’s valid to question the current PJ investigation as much as it is to question Operation Grange.  You have been highly critical of the latter, but I don’t hear a peep out of you about the former, why is that?

The mccs didn't cooperate with thePJ....

Then cleared off...had the case shelved ...so what do you really expect....

in my opinion ....it would be a different story for you if SY had treat mccs as suspects....

mind yous in my opinion ....there is still time to do that.....

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2018, 10:41:51 AM »

The mccs didn't cooperate with thePJ....

Then cleared off...had the case shelved ...so what do you really expect....

in my opinion ....it would be a different story for you if SY had treat mccs as suspects....

mind yous in my opinion ....there is still time to do that.....
I was referring to the CURRENT PJ investigation.  Have they reinterviewed the McCanns?  Did they ask to reinterview them and the McCanns refused?  Do you know?

Offline xtina

« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2018, 10:45:34 AM »
I was referring to the CURRENT PJ investigation.  Have they reinterviewed the McCanns?  Did they ask to reinterview them and the McCanns refused?  Do you know?

No....but at a guess....that didn't happen ...

in my opinion, of course, they would refuse ...... @)(++(*....at the thought of them cooperating with PJ....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2018, 12:35:22 PM »
I agree.... And if Grange has made no progress perhaps it's because the PJ didn't want it to

You seem to be totally unaware of how the MLA/ILOR process works judging by this post and others.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2018, 01:21:35 PM »
You seem to be totally unaware of how the MLA/ILOR process works judging by this post and others.
Instead of constantly pointing out how ignorant supporters are why don’t you explain in plain simple English why we are wrong, without recourse to cryptic put-downs? 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 06:32:27 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2018, 01:43:47 PM »

It's very simple... Average  time 6 months

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2018, 01:57:44 PM »
Given the number of ILORS debated thus far, I am confident Davel knows the ropes.

I think it is another clear example of supporter Portu-bashing.
What's up, old man?