Author Topic: Introduction to the Siôn Jenkins case  (Read 41074 times)

Offline Brigadier

Re: Introduction to the Siôn Jenkins case
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 03:47:36 PM »
 It may have been sufficient time if it were a pre-meditated attack (which the prosecution do not claim it to be). Then the attack and 'escape' plan would have been worked out in advance. But this was considered to be entirely due to a momentary burst of anger. He would have had to go from at worst bit flustered when returning from do-it-all. In particular the other girls do not report him getting angry when with them either before or after this window of opportunity when the attack was said to have taken place. Then bursting into a rage when seeing Billie-Jo, attacking her with the spike, to calming himself down and cleaning up any blood and sweat from his face and hands. Then finally coming up with a plan of what to do. I'm sorry but the window of opportunity for all that is at best tight or simply not feasible. Why do you think he wouldn't have had to clean up? There was blood on the spike so it would have been on his hands.

The prosecution's case was that he flew into a fit of rage due to frustration from the wasted journeys to both the supermarket and do-it-all, then to be finally confronted by Billie-Jo making a mess of painting the window frames. Again this stretches credibility as this rage would have been without precedent. He had raised the other other girls and was an experienced teacher without any angry outbursts of note. The family were under the watchful eye of the social services due to fostering Billie-Jo and applying to adopt her. Nothing had ever been reported and none of Lois' subsequent claims were corroborated by anyone else. Including their live in nannies.

Finally, it must be remembered that the reason the patio doors were being painted was after them being repaired due to the latest of a series of attempted break ins.

Please air your views on the matter, I would like to hear them.

Offline AerialHunter

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 11:03:45 AM »
Our suspicions have proved to be correct. Our inquiry now includes this significantly characteristic attack.

AH
There is none so noble or in receipt of his fellows unbridled adulation as that police officer who willingly deceives to protect one of his own kind and, by virtue of birthright, extends that privilege to his family.

Offline sika

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2018, 10:21:16 PM »
Our suspicions have proved to be correct. Our inquiry now includes this significantly characteristic attack.

AH
Would you care to explain further? 

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 05:50:18 PM »
Sion Jenkins is not a miscarriage of justice https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/feb/09/ukcrime.sandralaville

In fact I would suggest none of the cases highlighted in Sandra Leans book No Smoke are
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=595.msg428098#msg428098
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 05:55:18 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 03:41:29 PM »
Sion Jenkins is not a miscarriage of justice https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/feb/09/ukcrime.sandralaville

In fact I would suggest none of the cases highlighted in Sandra Leans book No Smoke are
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=595.msg428098#msg428098

Why do you think that?

Offline Brigadier

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2018, 11:56:42 PM »

Why do you think that?
FYI Stephanie hasn't justified any of her previous statements. I very much doubt that is going to change any time soon.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2018, 12:05:06 PM »
This case has been more than an intrigue to us, our attention being drawn in because of the nature of the attack, isolated female suffering severe head injuries in the environs of her own home. This had all of the hallmarks bar one of a series of attacks across the Southern part of England. Quite recently we unearthed the element we had been seeking, in common with the other attacks there is one individual living in the immediate vicinity who graduated from the same college on the same day, this information has yet to be fully verified as I type but we are quite confident in the results we have.  Sojourn to Hastings on the cards, watch this space.

Why in your opinion does the nature of the attacknot point to Sion Jenkins?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Brigadier

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2018, 11:34:32 PM »
For the avoidance of doubt, are you quoting AerialHunter or directing your question to them?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 11:39:34 PM by Brigadier »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2019, 03:29:34 PM »
Secondary victims and the trauma of wrongful conviction: Families and children’s perspectives on imprisonment, release and adjustment
Sion Jenkins
First Published May 7, 2013

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0004865812470384?journalCode=anja

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2021, 01:21:24 AM »

Just been reading about this case,

'Denise returns to Billie-Jo’s side to take a closer look at her injuries and to try and staunch the blood by wrapping her head with a towel. She notices that something has been stuffed into Billie-Jo’s left nostril, and discovers when she pulls it out that it’s part of a black bin liner that her head is lying on.'

Totally bizarre that Billie Joe had a piece of bin liner stuffed up her nose.

Can anyone suggest a rational explanation for this?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2021, 05:15:14 PM »

I've been reading a bit more today & I'm a little in two minds here.

Had I been on they jury I'm not certain I could have found him guilty.

The blood spatter on his top certainly makes him look guilty, but maybe I've watched too many horror movies, I can't help thinking he would have had more blood on him than was found.

And his erratic movements around the time, supposedly preventing one of the children from entering the house, sitting in the car, driving around the park, going to the shops without cash, make him look guilty too.

But there's something about the bin bag up the nose which is baffling me & doesn't seem to fit.

The only thing it does fit is the nut case who had a plastic fetish, but he supposedly was homeless & when they picked him up two days later they found nothing on his clothes apparently.

Offline barrier

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2022, 03:40:42 PM »
A new review of DNA and blood tests are taking place.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17490009/dna-blood-tests-solve-murder-billie-jo-jenkins/

COLD CASE DNA and blood tests could solve murder of schoolgirl Billie-Jo Jenkins 25 years on
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2022, 11:18:24 AM »

Billie-Jo Jenkins detective regrets not solving murder - but has fresh hope 25 years on

Billie-Jo Jenkins was battered to death with an iron tent peg in February 1997, but the probe into her murder has remained unsolved. Sussex police are now doing a forensic review of the case.

The detective who led the original probe into the murder of 13-year-old Billie-Jo Jenkins has spoken of his regret that the case remains unsolved.

Retired officer Jeremy Paine still hopes improvements in forensic science will nail the killer who battered Billie-Jo to death with an iron tent peg in February 1997.

She was in the back garden of the Hastings home in East Sussex she shared with foster dad Sion Jenkins, his wife Lois and their four daughters.

He was convicted of the murder and jailed for life but he always denied the crime and was acquitted in 2006 after two inconclusive retrials.

Sussex Police are doing a forensic review of the case, the first for 15 years.

Mr Paine, who appears tonight on a Channel 5 documentary about the case, said: “This was a tragic and brutal act of violence. Billie-Jo had her whole life in front of her.”

He said the programme made him appreciate how much people still remember about Billie-Jo 25 years later, mourn her lost life and seek justice for the schoolgirl.

Mr Paine said the documentary goes through the investigation and presents the evidence so viewers can “make their own mind up”.

It includes the 999 call from Mr Jenkins in which he says: “My daughter’s fallen or she’s got head injuries. There’s blood everywhere.”

The case turned on 158 tiny spots of Billie-Jo’s blood found on Mr Jenkins’ fleece, trousers and shoes.

The defence said it was caused by a fine spray of blood as he tended to her.

Other forensic scientists believed the blood pattern was the result of “impact spatter”, saying the shape and position showed they got there as Mr Jenkins was standing over Billie-Jo and hitting her repeatedly.

Mr Jenkins is understood to have declined to appear in the film, which includes extracts from a book he co-wrote about the case.

Who Killed Billie-Jo?, Channel 5, tonight at 9pm.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/billie-jo-jenkins-detective-regrets-26186703

Offline John

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2022, 11:06:14 PM »
Did anyone else watch the Channel 5 documentary about the Billie-Jo case this evening?

For me, the individual below was always the prime suspect but as it wasn't until a day after the murder that he was investigated, key forensic evidence was lost.

"A mentally ill man with a fetish for plastic bags was seen near the house in Hastings, East Sussex, where Billie-Jo Jenkins was bludgeoned to death with a tent peg, a court heard yesterday.

The 13-year-old was killed as she painted the patio doors at the back of the family home in February 1997. A neighbour who tended to her after the attack found part of a black plastic binbag stuffed deep inside one of her nostrils."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/jun/15/ukcrime.laurasmith

« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 11:10:59 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2022, 12:02:08 AM »
Did anyone else watch the Channel 5 documentary about the Billie-Jo case this evening?

Lol

With delusional dupe Dennis Eady