Author Topic: German court rules prosecutor no jurisdiction in Madeleine McCann case.  (Read 13458 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: German court rules prosecutor no jurisdiction in Madeleine McCann case.
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2023, 05:05:45 PM »

Perhaps Portugal will get him back.  That could be interesting.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2023, 05:06:13 PM »
Why is it bad news ?
Justice delayed, justice denied.

Offline jassi

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2023, 05:11:10 PM »
Justice delayed, justice denied.
Justice delayed, I agree, but I doubt it will be denied. Its just that another court will assess the available evidence.

It may however indicate the end of Wolters involvement.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2023, 05:17:05 PM »
Justice delayed, I agree, but I doubt it will be denied. Its just that another court will assess the available evidence.

It may however indicate the end of Wolters involvement.
If that other court is in Portugal it will be justice denied IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2023, 06:05:46 PM »

He would be loose on the streets in no time and back to wandering around Europe.  Portugal wouldn't want to keep him.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2023, 06:21:22 PM »
It was ruled that Germany had the right to extradict him, but the question of whether Braunschweig had the jurisdiction to prosecute him wasn't addressed afaik.

I was mistaken.  Brueckner had the same lawyer in the previous rape case as he does now,  "Christian B escaped justice for 12 years before being snared on DNA evidence but his lawyer Friedrich Fulscher has insisted the evidence is tainted."
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12477416/madeleine-mccann-suspect-christian-b-rape-videos/
So he certainly has had time to work on his strategy.

It is interesting that when the Italian police arrested him all he was carrying was a bible and a card with his lawyer's number on it https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8395677/Italian-police-set-trap-Madeleine-McCann-suspect-Christian-Brueckner.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2023, 06:55:18 PM »

I doubt Portugal would accept it. Statute of limitations and all that.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Anthro

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2023, 07:16:11 PM »
I doubt Portugal would accept it. Statute of limitations and all that.
Portugal made him an ‘arguido’ before the statute of limitations lapsed.

Offline jassi

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2023, 07:18:50 PM »
Portugal made him an ‘arguido’ before the statute of limitations lapsed.

I was meaning all the charges unrelated to Madeleine, though I doubt they would want to touch that one either.

Or maybe not -

Online Eleanor

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2023, 07:41:23 PM »
I was meaning all the charges unrelated to Madeleine, though I doubt they would want to touch that one either.

Debatable.  I'm not sure.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2023, 07:54:45 PM »
Debatable.  I'm not sure.
As far as I know, CB is to be released in January 2025 re. Diana Menkes sentence. If it’s the case, another court and jurisdiction will have limited time to progress the five charges and Madeleine’s case.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2023, 09:12:04 AM »

At least we don't have to worry about anyone's Human Rights in Germany.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2023, 09:23:09 AM »
As far as I know, CB is to be released in January 2025 re. Diana Menkes sentence. If it’s the case, another court and jurisdiction will have limited time to progress the five charges and Madeleine’s case.

The Portugal Resident thinks that "Madeleine McCann suspect: defence lawyer pulls ‘rabbit out of hat’
By Natasha Donn -20th April 2023

Brueckner is a designated arguidp in Portugal so doubtful if he will return there voluntarily.  But on release the rest of Eurpe is his oyster.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2023, 09:44:18 AM »
The Portugal Resident thinks that "Madeleine McCann suspect: defence lawyer pulls ‘rabbit out of hat’

Brueckner is a designated arguidp in Portugal so doubtful if he will return there voluntarily.  But on release the rest of Eurpe is his oyster.

Could that include Britain do you think?

Could Britain have jurisdiction if they caught him?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2023, 09:44:47 AM »

"a rat out of a sewer" would be a more apt description.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly