Author Topic: German court rules prosecutor no jurisdiction in Madeleine McCann case.  (Read 13465 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: German court rules prosecutor no jurisdiction in Madeleine McCann case.
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2023, 09:45:30 AM »
Could that include Britain do you think?

Could Britain have jurisdiction if they caught him?
Perhaps the troll can have him to stay when he gets released.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2023, 09:47:06 AM »
At least we don't have to worry about anyone's Human Rights in Germany.

It is difficult enough to get a rape case as far as trial under any circumstances.  At he moment this is a classic precedent for "get out of jail free" loophole in the law.  The implications of which may have far reaching implications for criminals whose abode is unknown or can be fixed.

I think the decision of the Landgericht Braunschweig really has to be challenged somewhere possible.  It isn't too long ago since Brueckner's release on parole was declined because of the perceived danger to the public represented by him.  It really is a bit of a mix-mash.

In the meantime Brueckber's backers ~ in particular those paying his legal fees ~ can be organising his welcome home to wherever in two years time, wherever it is decided 'home' may be.
I sincerely hope it isn't anywhere near me.  But no worries, there are plenty who might be prepared to give him house room.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2023, 10:00:23 AM »
It is difficult enough to get a rape case as far as trial under any circumstances.  At he moment this is a classic precedent for "get out of jail free" loophole in the law.  The implications of which may have far reaching implications for criminals whose abode is unknown or can be fixed.

I think the decision of the Landgericht Braunschweig really has to be challenged somewhere possible.  It isn't too long ago since Brueckner's release on parole was declined because of the perceived danger to the public represented by him.  It really is a bit of a mix-mash.

In the meantime Brueckber's backers ~ in particular those paying his legal fees ~ can be organising his welcome home to wherever in two years time, wherever it is decided 'home' may be.
I sincerely hope it isn't anywhere near me.  But no worries, there are plenty who might be prepared to give him house room.

I can think of a couple or three.  Just hope they don't get on The Jury if he is caught in Britain.

Offline jassi

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2023, 10:04:21 AM »
He seems to prefer the sun, so perhaps Spain or Italy, rather than wet and windy Britain.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2023, 10:05:14 AM »
Could that include Britain do you think?

Could Britain have jurisdiction if they caught him?

Brexit has thrown up many anomalies affecting Britain which is inclusive of many legal issues.

My opinion is that if jurisdiction is an issue for Germany that problem doesn't arise in Portugal because he is arguido in Madeleine's case.  But it has to be borne in mind that Madeleine McCann's case is not one of those five rejected.  The circumstances surrounding hers may be entirely different.

At the moment it is the five separate cases whose victims will never receive justice as they are all timed out in Portugal.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2023, 10:15:27 AM »
Brexit has thrown up many anomalies affecting Britain which is inclusive of many legal issues.

My opinion is that if jurisdiction is an issue for Germany that problem doesn't arise in Portugal because he is arguido in Madeleine's case.  But it has to be borne in mind that Madeleine McCann's case is not one of those five rejected.  The circumstances surrounding hers may be entirely different.

At the moment it is the five separate cases whose victims will never receive justice as they are all timed out in Portugal.

Another German court may decide to pursue the cases once jurisdiction has been established.
If not he will be considered innocent in the eye of the law.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2023, 10:16:50 AM »
Perhaps the troll can have him to stay when he gets released.

Well, if he doesn't face trial for all the raping & molesting he did, purely on technicalities, then I'd still be legally obliged to presume him innocent of any offences. That is The Law. So yes, I can't see any good reason why he shouldn't come & rent my greenhouse. He might grow something I like in there.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2023, 10:51:07 AM »
He seems to prefer the sun, so perhaps Spain or Italy, rather than wet and windy Britain.

I have puzzled about who was lifting the legal fees or was it all being done pro bono, for a long time.

The fact of Brueckner having only a bible on him and his lawyer's phone number when arrested in Italy is interesting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2023, 10:58:34 AM »
Another German court may decide to pursue the cases once jurisdiction has been established.
If not he will be considered innocent in the eye of the law.

Indeed.
Innocent until proven guilty and you won't be if your lawyer can get you off on a technicality which seems to be even better.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2023, 11:26:31 AM »
I would think it would simply be transferred to another area in Germany.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 11:36:40 AM by Mr Gray »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2023, 11:50:43 AM »
I would think it would simply be transferred to another area in Germany.

I understand that this is a possibility, but what governs The Jurisdiction?  And what was legally wrong with the current Jurisdiction?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2023, 12:13:34 PM »
I understand that this is a possibility, but what governs The Jurisdiction?  And what was legally wrong with the current Jurisdiction?

The jurisdiction is only about where he can be tried in Germany...and is governed by the last place he lived. There is some dispute about this but it looks like he's claiming he lived in the box factory in lower Saxony..if thsts the case that's where hell be tried

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2023, 12:22:31 PM »
The jurisdiction is only about where he can be tried in Germany...and is governed by the last place he lived. There is some dispute about this but it looks like he's claiming he lived in the box factory in lower Saxony..if thsts the case that's where hell be tried

If the prosecutors in that area agree that there's enough evidence to charge him.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2023, 12:48:32 PM »

Thank you.  Easy enough to understand.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2023, 12:51:05 PM »
If the prosecutors in that area agree that there's enough evidence to charge him.
Of course..it will be interesting if they do. You and a lot of others have questioned that so we will hopefully soon know the answer.
If they do charge it will show Wolters was correct.
.....plus of course Wolters may have grounds to appeal the ruling.

It does show how impartial snd fair the German courts are