Alleged Miscarriages of Justice > Mark Alexander was in September 2010 convicted of the murder of his elderly reclusive father Samuel (70), an Egyptian-born former University lecturer.

Mark Alexander - another false innocence case?

(1/6) > >>

John:
The term 'false innocence' comes up often in relation to miscarriage of justice campaigns. Many like the Simon Hall case and that of Adrian Prout had massive public campaigns which ended abruptly when the offender's, for one reason or another, eventually admitted their guilt.

The Mark Alexander case is destined to go the very same way in my opinion. Despite claims to the contrary I have never seen a single piece of evidence which could in any way support his claim of innocence.  In my view the only unknown in this case is why Mark Alexander killed his father and how?

Was it over money, his education or his girlfriend?

Daisy:

--- Quote from: John on March 14, 2021, 03:04:48 PM ---The term 'false innocence' comes up often in relation to miscarriage of justice campaigns. Many like the Simon Hall case and that of Adrian Prout had massive public campaigns which ended abruptly when the offender's, for one reason or another, eventually admitted their guilt.

The Mark Alexander case is destined to go the very same way in my opinion. Despite claims to the contrary I have never seen a single piece of evidence which could in any way support his claim of innocence.  In my view the only unknown in this case is why Mark Alexander killed his father and how?

Was it over money, his education or his girlfriend?

--- End quote ---

There is also no evidence pointing to his guilt.

matthewkevin84:

I take it Daisy you haven't had any recent information/updates about Mark Alexander's appeal?

When I asked on his Twitter page I asked and got a reply back saying that basically that a top-notch barrister was dealing with the case and they should know more in 6 weeks, I asked again after 6 weeks and had no reply so I suppose no new news, but I understand legal matters can take time, especially with Covid.

I am attempting to create a poll on Mark Alexander, could someone explain how I do this?
Matt.

Daisy:

--- Quote from: matthewkevin84 on March 16, 2021, 12:09:19 PM --- 

I take it Daisy you haven't had any recent information/updates about Mark Alexander's appeal?

When I asked on his Twitter page I asked and got a reply back saying that basically that a top-notch barrister was dealing with the case and they should know more in 6 weeks, I asked again after 6 weeks and had no reply so I suppose no new news, but I understand legal matters can take time, especially with Covid.

I am attempting to create a poll on Mark Alexander, could someone explain how I do this?
Matt.

--- End quote ---

No I haven’t.  I know his legal team have been busy with their paid work so they only work on Mark’s case during their spare time.  This is the case with most prisoners.  He has been waiting for two years for documents from the police which they have promised but still not come up with.  I did ask Mark for Factchecker to update us on the forum as this person will know more.  You could PM to find out.

Mark has a podcast coming out soon so hopefully we will be given more information about this when it is available.

John:

--- Quote from: Daisy on March 15, 2021, 12:17:29 PM ---

There is also no evidence pointing to his guilt.

--- End quote ---

No...I suppose jurors just convict because they don't like the guy.   8(8-))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version