Author Topic: Meet Badger, Spud, Muzzy and Tito, South Wales Police's crime fighting dogs.  (Read 2355 times)

Offline faithlilly

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/meet-badger-spud-muzzy-tito-8460918

Meet Badger, Spud, Muzzy and Tito, South Wales Police's crime fighting canine quartet

The four dogs have been involved in searches for April Jones and Madeleine McCann

More...

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:10:21 PM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Those dogs are magnificent! They also use dogs to sniff patients as they can detect some cancers.

The NSY must have had some relevant information if they were 'searching' waste land for 'something'... cadavar?

Because this would have been an expensive 'hunch', It would also have been  'up a blind alley' if they were chasing the fact that there was indeed a 'stranger abduction', which ended in death + burial on the land.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline John

Those dogs are magnificent! They also use dogs to sniff patients as they can detect some cancers.

The NSY must have had some relevant information if they were 'searching' waste land for 'something'... cadavar?

Because this would have been an expensive 'hunch', It would also have been  'up a blind alley' if they were chasing the fact that there was indeed a 'stranger abduction', which ended in death + burial on the land.

I agree, they must consider her deceased to have spent so much pursuing this particular line of enquiry and in the heart of Luz too.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

I agree, they must consider her deceased to have spent so much pursuing this particular line of enquiry and in the heart of Luz too.

Indeed John. I think most people including the tapas, must have had those thoughts at some point in the beginning at least.

I certainly don't have any issue with the parents not wanting to believe the worst,

Ooops ... But, I do object to their insistence about a stranger abduction being the only line to be followed! and the way they treated the PJ and the many others who tried to 'investigate'.

ferryman

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/meet-badger-spud-muzzy-tito-8460918

Meet Badger, Spud, Muzzy and Tito, South Wales Police's crimefighting canine quartet

The four dogs have been involved in searches for April Jones and Madeleine McCann

More...

[ post edited ]

All dogs with handlers worthy of the name, I'm sure ...

And again note, 4 dogs; 4 handlers, the same one-to-one ratio as it should have been first time with Eddie and Keela; and the same one-to-one ratio as the Portuguese deployed their dogs and handlers ...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:41:52 AM by ferryman »

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!

And again note, 4 dogs; 4 handlers, the same one-to-one ratio as it should have been first time with Eddie and Keela; and the same one-to-one ratio as the Portuguese deployed their dogs and handlers ...

Exactly, and why didn't John Ellis go as he was Keela's handler.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline jassi

Dear me, what anguish these dogs seem to cause.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

Dear me, what anguish these dogs seem to cause.

There is no doubt about that ... there is usually even a gnashing of teeth mainly when the 'findings' of these dogs oft times quoted as fact are challenged and are shown to be a false imposition that has absolutely no foundation in fact. 

Therefore showing the key stone of myth and misinformation is not only out of true ... it doesn't now ... and never did exist.

So no anguish for me about that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

Certainly in the US (I know, because I've seen it documented) there is a general policy that one handler may handle no more than one dog at the same crime scene.  If you have more than one dog, you must have the same number of handlers as dogs (and each handler designated to a specified dog).

And certainly, in the second enquiry into Madeleine's disappearance, we have seen two UK dogs in action, each dog with his (or her!) own handler.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:03:51 PM by Admin »

Offline Brietta

Certainly in the US (I know, because I've seen it documented) there is a general policy that one handler may handle no more than one dog at the same crime scene.  If you have more than one dog, you must have the same number of handlers as dogs (and each handler designated to a specified dog).

And certainly, in the second enquiry into Madeleine's disappearance, we have seen two UK dogs in action, each dog with his (or her!) own handler.

Certainly not a conscious bias on the part of the handler.

I think there is a symbiotic relationship between dog and handler. 

No-one really knows exactly what these dogs do or exactly what their true capabilities are.   

An individual handler working the same crime scene with two dogs must by definition know what the reaction of dog (a) was in a certain location and may therefore inadvertently convey that information to dog (b) at that location without being aware of doing so.

It is worth remembering that one of the GNR handlers declined to be shown where the McCann apartment was to prevent his awareness influencing his dog.

Is it procedure for an alert from a VRD when there is no visible trace of human remains, to be confirmed by another team doing a clean sweep?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:04:05 PM by Admin »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Benice

What a nice piccie.    Just as a matter of curiosity - did Martin Grime ever wear a police uniform whilst in PdL.?  All other police officers we see regarding this case appear to  - but I can't remember ever seeing MG in anything other than civilian clothes?   
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline John

What a nice piccie.    Just as a matter of curiosity - did Martin Grime ever wear a police uniform whilst in PdL.?  All other police officers we see regarding this case appear to  - but I can't remember ever seeing MG in anything other than civilian clothes?   

I suppose he was on his own basically so wasn't there as part of a team so identification wasn't an issue.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline ShiningInLuz

I'm writing an article on my cadaver dog, Gonçalo, for my blog.  I wanted a photo of Tito and Muzzy, and Google came up with this thread.

Check the earlier link, as it has some excellent photos of the search in Luz.

The question raised here is why did they scour this part of central Luz.

Based on what I know so far, it's about Smithman. That sighting was very close by. 

It became one OG focus by the Oct 2013 Crimewatch.

At least 2 of the 4 people made arguidos in July 2014 lived nearby.  Please note - nearby has little meaning in Luz, unless you live on one of the extremities.  If not, everything in Luz is nearby.

One person in mind is Paulo Ribeiro, who was interviewed on Panorama's 10th anniversary special.  He had been identified from a drawing or efit, presumably from Crimewatch.  He lived very close to both the Smithman sighting and the site OG searched.  There may be other suspicions, perhaps the alleged phone calls in the run up to Madeleine's disappearance.  Like the other arguidos of that time, he seems to have been told he is no longer of interest.

If OG shuts down, so there is no longer an active investigation, I will go off and check with this gentleman what was really going on.  Until then, it is up to OG.
What's up, old man?