Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400443 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3825 on: January 31, 2019, 04:54:41 PM »
I am uncomfortable with her mentioning the twins birthday.  That has nothing at all to do with Madeleine's disappearance and they deserve privacy IMO.

I agree.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3826 on: January 31, 2019, 04:57:50 PM »
Because the McCanns have the money, spokesman and connections that other missing children’s families don’t.

Don't you think that this might have had something to do with The Internet, and the large amount of money that was so quickly donated?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3827 on: January 31, 2019, 05:10:44 PM »
I am uncomfortable with her mentioning the twins birthday.  That has nothing at all to do with Madeleine's disappearance and they deserve privacy IMO.

It has everything to do with the birthday of the Twins.  The Twins know that their sister is missing.  You can't alter that.  Nothing will pretend otherwise.  So why even try?

« Reply #3828 on: January 31, 2019, 05:12:28 PM »
Don't you think that this might have had something to do with The Internet, and the large amount of money that was so quickly donated?
Small amounts were donated at first thenalmost instantly, the family created a company and went all out to sell the 'abduction' theory and offered the donating public that they would use this money  to search for their daughter... well...

They declared leaving no stone unturned... well leaving the walk and wandered stone well in it's place.

« Reply #3829 on: January 31, 2019, 05:15:20 PM »
It has everything to do with the birthday of the Twins.  The Twins know that their sister is missing.  You can't alter that.  Nothing will pretend otherwise.  So why even try?

Do the Uk public really need to know it is the twins birthday?  it is really headline news in the midst of everything that is going on?  I mean does anyone really care about their birthday?  just asking

it is right up there with Posh spice wears new lipstick colour... ppft

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3830 on: January 31, 2019, 05:44:26 PM »
It’s not nasty for to expect the parents of a missing child to publicise her disappearance.....until she is found. Surely that’s what supporters want too ?
There are no other parents on the planet that have put as much effort into publicizing their missing child but it’s still not enough for you.  What a surprise.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3831 on: January 31, 2019, 05:47:31 PM »
Who do you mean by “her”?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #3832 on: January 31, 2019, 06:21:09 PM »
There are no other parents on the planet that have put as much effort into publicizing their missing child but it’s still not enough for you.  What a surprise.

Even bigger surprise -no other parent on the planet started up a company using their daughters disappearance as a selling point.  It is an absolute tradgedy that A child not long out of nappies when she disappeared, has become click bait not for the right reasons.

IMO  young Maddie- sold to the Sun newspapers =her name making a fortune for advertisers and 7th rate 'journos'

disgusting and shameful IMO.

now it's the twins turn...

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3833 on: January 31, 2019, 06:44:49 PM »
Even bigger surprise -no other parent on the planet started up a company using their daughters disappearance as a selling point.  It is an absolute tradgedy that A child not long out of nappies when she disappeared, has become click bait not for the right reasons.

IMO  young Maddie- sold to the Sun newspapers =her name making a fortune for advertisers and 7th rate 'journos'

disgusting and shameful IMO.

now it's the twins turn...
So do you think the parent are wrong to publicise their child’s disappearance or do you agree with Faithlilly that they aren’t doing enough?  What would you do if your child went missing?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3834 on: January 31, 2019, 07:54:46 PM »

I do...so use it.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3835 on: January 31, 2019, 09:45:13 PM »
I do...so use it.

There doesn't seem to be much point in doing that at the moment.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #3836 on: January 31, 2019, 11:02:26 PM »

I was under the impression that the media were not discussing the twins for their own protection. So again what does the twins birthday have to do with Madeleine's disappearance.  Their birthday should mean nothing to the general mass of the population and the twins lives should be kept secure and private.  Days like this should not be publicised IMO. 

It appears to me though that you think they are fair game for the media unfortunately.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3837 on: January 31, 2019, 11:28:28 PM »
I was under the impression that the media were not discussing the twins for their own protection. So again what does the twins birthday have to do with Madeleine's disappearance.  Their birthday should mean nothing to the general mass of the population and the twins lives should be kept secure and private.  Days like this should not be publicised IMO. 

It appears to me though that you think they are fair game for the media unfortunately.
What’s the big deal?  The twins have a birthday, as do we all, how is mentioning their birthday an invasion of privacy exactly? 

Offline Sunny

« Reply #3838 on: January 31, 2019, 11:31:54 PM »
What’s the big deal?  The twins have a birthday, as do we all, how is mentioning their birthday an invasion of privacy exactly?

I'll remember these posts when someone mentions the twins elsewhere and supporters get up in arms about it as has happened before.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3839 on: January 31, 2019, 11:48:10 PM »
I'll remember these posts when someone mentions the twins elsewhere and supporters get up in arms about it as has happened before.
Unless it’s me getting up in arms about the twins being mentioned you have no right to use my post as ammunition against anyone else.  Mentioning the twins’ birthday is hardly an invasion of privacy imo, publishing details without their permission of where and how they were going to be spending their birthday  would be IMO.