Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239385 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2019, 11:37:40 AM »
There is a great deal of evidence that Martin Smith was entirely wrong.  The Judicial police accept that along with the judiciary ... why do sceptics continue to cling to their belief in something so well debunked?

Indeed?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2019, 12:03:50 PM »
Calling supporters "apologists" is simplistic and beneath you.

It is indeed but I was making a point.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2019, 12:14:00 PM »
It is indeed but I was making a point.

Really?

That's  an excuse which is worth remembering. *%87

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2019, 12:23:09 PM »
Pedro Do Carmo is on record as saying he doesn't know what happened to Madeleine. That indicates to me there is absolutely nothing to verify Kate's account of a slamming door and whooshing curtain. They can disagree with me all they like, if they in fact do disagree with me in private.. but with no hard evidence to support Kate's allegation, they are hardly likely to prove Kate was telling the truth anytime soon imo.
It's hardly sceptics fault for the manner in which the McCanns chose to deal with their tricky situations.

I don't know what happened  to Maddie but I'm sure her parents, were not involved...it doesn't matter what a handful of people on forums think it's as clear as, day to me the mccanns are not being investigated  by either investigation

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2019, 12:25:21 PM »
Really?

That's  an excuse which is worth remembering. *%87

Let’s hope you don’t need to remember it because we can but hope the debate here ceases to be driven by simplistic assumptions and pointless, childish name calling.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2019, 12:32:54 PM »
Let’s hope you don’t need to remember it because we can but hope the debate here ceases to be driven by simplistic assumptions and pointless, childish name calling.

Which I am sure you will equally appreciate your part in such behaviour.
Do you wish me to recall some of the names you have addressed to me.
I'm sure you don't.

Huge, huge family celebration to complete the final details for this weekend, so I bid you good afternoon.
May be back later.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2019, 12:46:02 PM »

No one is listening to me.  Okay.  Stand by.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #187 on: April 04, 2019, 12:47:52 PM »
Did the BBC bend the truth?
Gemma O’Doherty

A reward of €20,000 was Offered to anyone who could assist with the investigation. But then the Story of the Smith sighting took another bizarre twist as allegations emerged in the media that the family had retracted their statements. The public were being told that this potentially critical development was just another red herring.

The BBC even went as far as to make this claim. In a 'Panorama' programme broadcast in May to mark the tenth anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance, presenter Richard Bilton told viewers that the Smiths had changed their mind about seeing Gerry McCann and now believed they had seen someone else.

In recent weeks, I have spoken to Martin Smith at his home in Drogheda. He told me he continues to stand by everything he said to police in 2007. At no point did he withdraw his statement or change his mind about the sighting.

He is frustrated by media claims that he now says he was mistaken; and remains "60-80 per cent" convinced that the man he saw that night was Gerry McCann.

After the BBC programme was broadcast, Martin contacted ‘Panorama’ and informed them of their inaccuracy. But the broadcaster failed to correct the record despite its public service remit.

Last month. asked the BBC why they had wrongly suggested the Smith sighting had been withdrawn and if they were willing to correct their error at this late stage.

I received a reply acknowledging that they had indeed broadcast an inaccuracy. They agreed to update the ‘Panorama’ programme on their iPlayer to reflect the correction. They say the mistake was made in good faith but they have failed to explain how they came to make such a fundamental error and why they did not check if their story about the Smiths was correct before they aired the programme.

Former Scotland Yard murder detective Colin Sutton is one of a number of experienced officers who believe the Smith sighting is one the most important pieces of evidence available to the investigation.
https://gemmaodoherty.com/investigations/madeline-mccann/madeline-mccann-did-the-bbc-bend-the-truth/
Gemma O’Doherty ... wonder what happened to her.
Did she ever publish her analysis of the McCann case?  Or did that ubiquitous MI5 guy who figures largely in the sceptic belief system have a word in her ear?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2019, 01:01:40 PM »
I'm not disputing that, you may well be right about them not being investigated.. but if that's the case and the case closes without conclusion, they'll be condemned to a lifetime of suspicion imo all because Scotland Yard never bothered to find clear evidence to eliminate them. If they have found new clear evidence that does eliminate them then surely in fairness to the McCanns, the police will release it to the public. 
What a handful of people on forums think doesn't matter, I agree. It's not as if what you think will matter anymore than anyone else imo.

I think your assessment is far off the mark.  The sceptic belief that Scotland Yard and the Judicial police have not already eliminated Madeleine's parents from the doubts engineered about them by Amaral is not one I share.
It runs against protocol and is totally illogical.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #189 on: April 04, 2019, 01:11:11 PM »
I'm not disputing that, you may well be right about them not being investigated.. but if that's the case and the case closes without conclusion, they'll be condemned to a lifetime of suspicion imo all because Scotland Yard never bothered to find clear evidence to eliminate them. If they have found new clear evidence that does eliminate them then surely in fairness to the McCanns, the police will release it to the public. 
What a handful of people on forums think doesn't matter, I agree. It's not as if what you think will matter anymore than anyone else imo.

Your Comment has no logic and is contradictory.

A lifetime of suspicion won't matter to The McCanns.  And they certainly won't care about what you think of them.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #190 on: April 04, 2019, 01:18:23 PM »
There is a great deal of evidence that Martin Smith was entirely wrong.  The Judicial police accept that along with the judiciary ... why do sceptics continue to cling to their belief in something so well debunked?

I wasn't discussing whether he was right or wrong. I was discussing whether he changed his mind or not. In my opinion there's no evidence that he did.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #191 on: April 04, 2019, 01:19:07 PM »
In the beginning I thought that The McCanns were probably involved, just because parents so often are.  What a mindless moron I must have been in those days.  I am still passing ashamed of myself.

But thereby hangs the tale of my latter day courage.  I was a wimp as well.  Nowadays I fight back when I see injustice.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #192 on: April 04, 2019, 01:21:29 PM »
I wasn't discussing whether he was right or wrong. I was discussing whether he changed his mind or not. In my opinion there's no evidence that he did.

So Mr. Smith identified a person whose face he admits he never saw.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #193 on: April 04, 2019, 01:33:58 PM »
It isn't so much what is not believed ... which I think we can all have a pretty good guess at ... I think the topic is more concerned with the belief system which powers the sceptics and how that came about and developed over the years.

I wouldn't call it a belief system; it's more of a non-belief reaction imo. It's not complicated; some believed them from the beginning and others didn't. Then those who believed them spent years castigating those who didn't.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #194 on: April 04, 2019, 01:40:23 PM »
I wouldn't call it a belief system; it's more of a non-belief reaction imo. It's not complicated; some believed them from the beginning and others didn't. Then those who believed them spent years castigating those who didn't.

Call it what you like ... the thread topic refers to "sceptic beliefs ? " ... so as long as it falls within that, I think you will be on topic.