Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239567 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #405 on: April 05, 2019, 10:38:27 PM »
Crikey, it shows that most people on here don't understand genetics, epidemiology or statistics.

My very large extended family had many frequent smokers in it.  Not a single one died from lung cancer.  Our genetics are that we are prone to high blood pressure, so we die like flies from heart attacks, (my father), and strokes (my mother).

I have been around passive smoking for decades.  It won't kill me.  My focus is high blood pressure.  That will kill me.

Smoking causes lung cancer the evidence proves it... Based on your, argument how would you feel about your grandchildren  smoking.. Would you deter them

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #406 on: April 05, 2019, 10:40:11 PM »
Crikey, it shows that most people on here don't understand genetics, epidemiology or statistics.

My very large extended family had many frequent smokers in it.  Not a single one died from lung cancer.  Our genetics are that we are prone to high blood pressure, so we die like flies from heart attacks, (my father), and strokes (my mother).

I have been around passive smoking for decades.  It won't kill me.  My focus is high blood pressure.  That will kill me.

It was epidemiology that proved the link.. So I think I understand it

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #407 on: April 05, 2019, 10:42:57 PM »
Okay what... Smoking causes lung cancer and it's irresponsible to suggest it doesn't.. More irresponsible  than leaving the children in sn unlocked apartment.. I make no aplogy for my disgust at thosr who try to pretend smoking is acceptable

I did both.  So now what?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #408 on: April 05, 2019, 10:44:18 PM »

Do you think it’s possible that the smoking contibuted in any way to the strokes and heart attacks?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #409 on: April 05, 2019, 10:45:38 PM »
I did both.  So now what?

So did I... But I would not recommend either

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #410 on: April 05, 2019, 10:46:20 PM »

I am not even going to die from that.  My blood pressure is always low.  I don't know why.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #411 on: April 05, 2019, 10:46:50 PM »
Do you think it’s possible that the smoking contibuted in any way to the strokes and heart attacks?

Of course it did

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #412 on: April 05, 2019, 10:48:56 PM »
So did I... But I would not recommend either

Well, there's good.  Thank Christ for that.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #413 on: April 05, 2019, 10:50:12 PM »
Interesting.. I..like Eleanor ...left a baby sleeping in an apartment whilst I dined 50 metres, awa..nothing happened si it's obviously perfectly safe.. Why all the criticism of the mccanns

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #414 on: April 05, 2019, 10:57:08 PM »
Interesting.. I..like Eleanor ...left a baby sleeping in an apartment whilst I dined 50 metres, awa..nothing happened si it's obviously perfectly safe.. Why all the criticism of the mccanns
Did you leave the baby some ciggies to smoke?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #415 on: April 05, 2019, 10:59:33 PM »
I blew smoke directly into my babies faces and they thrived on it.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #416 on: April 05, 2019, 11:02:29 PM »

According to you that would have been  quite, acceptable

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #417 on: April 05, 2019, 11:07:26 PM »
Why has this post been allowed to stay... Why has the poster not been suspended

That was published today!

Friday 5 April 2019
Madeleine McCann: The heartbreaking 'ironic' song Kate recalls singing with her daughter
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1110159/madeleine-mccann-netflix-documentary-ironic-song-kate-mccann-recalls-spt
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #418 on: April 05, 2019, 11:13:40 PM »

I think I have briefly run out of steam.  Cheeky Monkey has wiped me out.  I am now a Wreck.  Back tomorrow.  Or maybe the next day.  But don't count on it.

Charlotte, the demented Pug has just pissed on the floor again, and so has Connor the Dachshund, but he's not demented, yet.  However, it is looking like an option for me.  Sorry, being demented, I meant, and not pissing on the floor.  Oh, for God's sake.  Time I went to bed.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #419 on: April 05, 2019, 11:20:22 PM »
Smoking causes lung cancer the evidence proves it... Based on your, argument how would you feel about your grandchildren  smoking.. Would you deter them
My grandchildren are not related to me by genetics.

However, my beloved's family also appears to be prone to deaths related to high blood pressure, not cancer.

I don't lecture my children about topics such as smoking or high blood pressure.  I put in a little gentle steerage from time to time, but otherwise they are the responsible authorities, not me.  My time is past.

Here's a small true story for you.  We oldies don't have a Netflix subscription.  But I twigged in a conversation that the kids do, so the question arose, could I borrow it to watch the Madeleine series?  The answer was yes, so far, so good.

The next part of the conversation was about the '14 bottles of wine' allegation.  I felt obliged to do a little steerage, to explain that the 14 bottles were not just for the T9, but for all those entitled parties in the Tapas on that occasion.  Oh!

Our kids did not watch the Netflix series.  Having worked in Luz, they are sick to the back teeth of the MBM story.
What's up, old man?