Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239574 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #420 on: April 05, 2019, 11:24:48 PM »
That was published today!

Friday 5 April 2019
Madeleine McCann: The heartbreaking 'ironic' song Kate recalls singing with her daughter
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1110159/madeleine-mccann-netflix-documentary-ironic-song-kate-mccann-recalls-spt

Indeed somebody sure is "takin da piss!"  *%87 and it certainly is not a heartbroken mother. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #421 on: April 05, 2019, 11:25:37 PM »
My grandchildren are not related to me by genetics.

However, my beloved's family also appears to be prone to deaths related to high blood pressure, not cancer.

I don't lecture my children about topics such as smoking or high blood pressure.  I put in a little gentle steerage from time to time, but otherwise they are the responsible authorities, not me.  My time is past.

Here's a small true story for you.  We oldies don't have a Netflix subscription.  But I twigged in a conversation that the kids do, so the question arose, could I borrow it to watch the Madeleine series?  The answer was yes, so far, so good.

The next part of the conversation was about the '14 bottles of wine' allegation.  I felt obliged to do a little steerage, to explain that the 14 bottles were not just for the T9, but for all those entitled parties in the Tapas on that occasion.  Oh!

Our kids did not watch the Netflix series.  Having worked in Luz, they are sick to the back teeth of the MBM story.

I don't need to lecture my children Re smoking.. They are intelligent enough to understand  the evidence... Everyone isn't.. Obviously

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #422 on: April 05, 2019, 11:32:34 PM »

Indeed somebody sure is "takin da piss!"  *%87 and it certainly is not a heartbroken mother.

She sure does take the piss! The one question she answered proves it!

49. Are you aware that in not answering the questions you are jeopardising the investigation, which seeks to discover what happened to your daughter?

Kate McCann Answer: ‘Yes, if that’s what the investigation thinks.’
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #423 on: April 05, 2019, 11:48:35 PM »
My grandchildren are not related to me by genetics.

However, my beloved's family also appears to be prone to deaths related to high blood pressure, not cancer.

I don't lecture my children about topics such as smoking or high blood pressure.  I put in a little gentle steerage from time to time, but otherwise they are the responsible authorities, not me.  My time is past.

Here's a small true story for you.  We oldies don't have a Netflix subscription.  But I twigged in a conversation that the kids do, so the question arose, could I borrow it to watch the Madeleine series?  The answer was yes, so far, so good.

The next part of the conversation was about the '14 bottles of wine' allegation.  I felt obliged to do a little steerage, to explain that the 14 bottles were not just for the T9, but for all those entitled parties in the Tapas on that occasion.  Oh!

Our kids did not watch the Netflix series.  Having worked in Luz, they are sick to the back teeth of the MBM story.

Been there and done all of this.  Hopefully without anger, although some of it was too long ago to remember.  I suspect that I might have been a bit cross now and again.  14 Bottles if wine.  What a colossal fib that was.

My youngest son thinks that I am cracked.  Not because I believe The Mccanns, but because I have the patience, although God knows what he thinks I should be doing.  At my age there isn't too much going on that anyone could find riveting.

Sceptic Beliefs?  Perhaps it is the same for Sceptics.  Most of us are over the hill.  No where to go other than to hope.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #424 on: April 05, 2019, 11:50:53 PM »
I blew smoke directly into my babies faces and they thrived on it.

Oh, you are a one.  Chimps Ahoy.  That was fun.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #425 on: April 06, 2019, 07:21:59 AM »
Oh, you are a one.  Chimps Ahoy.  That was fun.
Troll the trolls.  It’s the only way...  8(0(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #426 on: April 06, 2019, 09:18:51 AM »
Crikey, it shows that most people on here don't understand genetics, epidemiology or statistics.

My very large extended family had many frequent smokers in it.  Not a single one died from lung cancer.  Our genetics are that we are prone to high blood pressure, so we die like flies from heart attacks, (my father), and strokes (my mother).

I have been around passive smoking for decades.  It won't kill me.  My focus is high blood pressure.  That will kill me.

They certainly don't understand epidemiology or statistics if they think either proves cause and effect imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #427 on: April 06, 2019, 09:21:43 AM »
They certainly don't understand epidemiology or statistics if they think either proves cause and effect imo.

It's not what anyone here thinks it's what the world experts in this field think... But if course you know better than the world's experts ...it's significant because it shows your. unwillingness to accept overwhelming evidence when it is presented to you

Offline Brietta

« Reply #428 on: April 06, 2019, 09:28:17 AM »

The topic of the thread is ... "Sceptics  beliefs ?"  Please bear that in mind when posting.  Thank you
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #429 on: April 06, 2019, 02:03:39 PM »
It's not what anyone here thinks it's what the world experts in this field think... But if course you know better than the world's experts ...it's significant because it shows your. unwillingness to accept overwhelming evidence when it is presented to you

Cornell University shares my opinion, so It's not my 'belief';

Epidemiological studies can never prove causation; that is, it cannot prove that a specific risk factor actually causes the disease being studied.
http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles/extoxnet/TIB/epidemiology.html
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #430 on: April 06, 2019, 03:08:23 PM »
Cornell University shares my opinion, so It's not my 'belief';

Epidemiological studies can never prove causation; that is, it cannot prove that a specific risk factor actually causes the disease being studied.
http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles/extoxnet/TIB/epidemiology.html

I have claimed the evidence shows smoking causes lung cancer... You and others have claimed this is not a fact... It might be better if you actually read the, article you quoted... It contains...

The rates of lung cancer are much higher in smokers than in non-smokers. Does this prove that cigarette smoking causes lung cancer? No. In order to prove that cigarette smoking is the factor causing this increase in lung cancer, it was necessary to expose animals to tobacco smoke and tobacco smoke extracts. This was done under highly controlled conditions where the only difference between the controls (animals not exposed to smoke) and treated animals was the exposure to smoke. These laboratory studies proved the causal association between smoking and increased risk of cancer....

So the paper YOU quoted confirms the causal link between smoking and lung cancer... Hopefully this will be the last post on the topic and you should now accept you have been wrong all along
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 03:12:05 PM by Davel »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #431 on: April 06, 2019, 04:44:35 PM »
One of the sceptic beliefs which is still under discussion by and can apparently be found repeated on twitter even today is 'blood spatter'.  The myth of blood spatter just isn't substantiated in the files ... in fact the files indicate the exact opposite http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7281.msg336681#msg336681
Yet it still persists 12 years down the line defying evidence that there was no such thing ... and ultimately defying logic.

Why believe? something which just isn't true ... as the mythical blood spatter demonstrates.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 04:47:32 PM by Brietta »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #432 on: April 06, 2019, 05:20:51 PM »
And then there’s the lichen on the window ledge myth which still does the rounds from time to time.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #433 on: April 06, 2019, 05:34:46 PM »
And then there’s the lichen on the window ledge myth which still does the rounds from time to time.

So 'proof' that Madeleine couldn't have been abducted via the window was that the lichen on the window ledge hadn't been disturbed.
Forensic photographs of the time illustrate that there was no lichen present to begin with.  Yet people believed that for years and as you say ... it still pops up.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #434 on: April 06, 2019, 05:40:05 PM »
So 'proof' that Madeleine couldn't have been abducted via the window was that the lichen on the window ledge hadn't been disturbed.
Forensic photographs of the time illustrate that there was no lichen present to begin with.  Yet people believed that for years and as you say ... it still pops up.
It was microscopic invisible lichen apparently...  @)(++(*