Author Topic: Other inheritance murders.  (Read 4304 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Other inheritance murders.
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2020, 07:09:56 PM »
Erm, he was found guilty of murdering his parents his sister, and two little nephews.  I think there must be SOME evidence that he’s not quite normal?  Or would you classify such behaviour as within normal parameters?

Being found guilty or not guilty in a court of law isn't evidence of actual guilt or innocence.  The perp could only be one of two and only one went on trial.

https://jeremybamber.org/psychological-reports/
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2020, 07:26:30 PM »
Being found guilty or not guilty in a court of law isn't evidence of actual guilt or innocence.  The perp could only be one of two and only one went on trial.

Are you saying there was no evidence at all to suggest Bamber committed these crimes?  You claimed there was NO EVIDENCE that he was anything other than normal so presumably not!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Caroline

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2020, 07:34:41 PM »

Do you honestly think that any negative reports would be released?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2020, 07:40:40 PM »
Thanks for the link, I just watched it. What a dumb plan, to use a pipe bomb in the first place then even leaving a palm print on it. His sister survived the bombing and testified seeing her brother just standing there unconcerned.

The evidence of the family accountant, the unfortunately named Wayne Kerr, was also damning.

Here's a 'fairly' recent one from my neck of the woods. https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/387705/CCTV-footage-shows-how-murderous-son-bought-beer-after-killing-parents-for-inheritance
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 08:11:11 PM by Caroline »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2020, 07:43:39 PM »
There's no evidence JB is anything but 'normal'.

There is, the fact he killed his entire family suggest different. Also prior to trial he was described as a psychopath by a psychiatrist arranged by his defence. Obviously you will say that this opinion was made without having access to Bamber - but we don't know that for a fact.

Offline Myster

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 06:50:10 AM »
Here's a 'fairly' recent one from my neck of the woods. https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/387705/CCTV-footage-shows-how-murderous-son-bought-beer-after-killing-parents-for-inheritance
Ah, yes... I remember it well.  Seddon lived in your stomping ground, but did the dirty deed in mine. Blew his mother's face away, peppered his father mercilessly with lead and planted a sawn-off shotgun on his body to simulate suicide.

I wonder what his poor dad was thinking here?... https://youtu.be/-pkDe9pQVKg?t=30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBIgCb1tV8c

Sentencing remarks... https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/JCO/Documents/Judgments/seddon-sentence-remarks.pdf
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2020, 11:21:54 AM »
Are you saying there was no evidence at all to suggest Bamber committed these crimes?  You claimed there was NO EVIDENCE that he was anything other than normal so presumably not!

'Normal' in the sense JB has not been diagnosed with any personality disorder and/or mental illness. 

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2020, 11:25:00 AM »
'Normal' in the sense JB has not been diagnosed with any personality disorder and/or mental illness.

The perp was one of two: JB or SC.  Only one went on trial.  Only one has been tested for psychopathy.  And only one undertook and passed a lie detector test.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2020, 11:34:36 AM »

What does "not diagnosed................." mean? The psychiatrist who assessed him for his first appeal claimed him to be an inveterate liar, a fantasist and undoubtedly a psychopath, none of which ruled him as being mentally incapable of launching an appeal.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2020, 11:35:11 AM »
Do you honestly think that any negative reports would be released?

I think that any such info would find its way into the public domain, yes.

We've seen the conclusion of one report confirming he is not psychopathic.  Some argue he may have been at the time of the murders but individuals are either psychopaths or they're not.  It isn't something that waxes and wanes over time.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2020, 11:39:04 AM »

What does "not diagnosed................." mean? The psychiatrist who assessed him for his first appeal claimed him to be an inveterate liar, a fantasist and undoubtedly a psychopath, none of which ruled him as being mentally incapable of launching an appeal.

Psychiatrist for his first appeal?   First I've heard of the above. Please provide a source.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2020, 11:58:21 AM »
Psychiatrist for his first appeal?   First I've heard of the above. Please provide a source.

You know that certain things are best not put in the public domain!!! That it was prior to his first appeal may easily be my error. He was residing in a London prison at the time this particular psychiatrist assessed him. Possibly he was being assessed for competency to stand trial. It still stands that the conclusion arrived at didn't signify either mental incompetency or impairment so why would it's findings have been released? It can, of course, be argued that it was only one person's opinion. It wasn't something I was happy to hear, because I was told at the time I believed him to be innocent.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2020, 12:08:12 PM »
There is, the fact he killed his entire family suggest different. Also prior to trial he was described as a psychopath by a psychiatrist arranged by his defence. Obviously you will say that this opinion was made without having access to Bamber - but we don't know that for a fact.

Not that old chestnut which originates from a line in Wilkes' book whereby the author claimed counsel invited a psychiatrist or psychologist into chambers and said something like the fact JB may have been able to push the crime out of his mind would be a feature of psychopathy or something similar. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2020, 12:10:06 PM »

You know that certain things are best not put in the public domain!!! That it was prior to his first appeal may easily be my error. He was residing in a London prison at the time this particular psychiatrist assessed him. Possibly he was being assessed for competency to stand trial. It still stands that the conclusion arrived at didn't signify either mental incompetency or impairment so why would it's findings have been released? It can, of course, be argued that it was only one person's opinion. It wasn't something I was happy to hear, because I was told at the time I believed him to be innocent.

Please provide a source.

Offline steve_trousers

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2020, 11:26:37 PM »

I have finished listening to a very informative podcast on the David Bain case. It bears some resemblance with the WHF murders for obvious reasons, and also such details as the 0.22 rifle he was used to shooting rabbits with did not quite have the desired effects on human targets.

https://youtu.be/LxzG7ga6xJY

I shall also post this in the relevant David Bain section.