Author Topic: Why has Bamber campaigned to say he isn't a psychopath?  (Read 23873 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Why has Bamber campaigned to say he isn't a psychopath?
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2020, 02:15:13 AM »
How do you recognise a perceptive person, and what is, in your opinion, a well-educated person? In my opinion perceptiveness is something others decide we have, not us. It's also a complicated question as to what being well-educated means.
https://www.gse.harvard.edu/news/12/04/defining-educated-person

Until you can define what you mean by those words you can't use them as a benchmark.

You use the word 'qualified' quite often - how do you define that? Is someone only qualified if they have a certificate or would experience count? Unless you can define that word, you can't use it as a benchmark.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2020, 07:13:35 AM »
How do you recognise a perceptive person, and what is, in your opinion, a well-educated person? In my opinion perceptiveness is something others decide we have, not us. It's also a complicated question as to what being well-educated means.
https://www.gse.harvard.edu/news/12/04/defining-educated-person

Until you can define what you mean by those words you can't use them as a benchmark.
I can do what I like and leave you to play your sematic word games with someone else.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2020, 07:55:15 AM »
One doesn’t need to be a trained musician to know Beethoven composed beautiful music, Gunit.

In just the same way they don’t need to be trained to know when someone isn’t a musician.

Anyone of average intelligence can see that Jeremy Bamber is a psychopath...don’t you agree? 😌

No, I don't.   As far as I'm aware, I'm of at least average intelligence, and I have no idea whether or not JB is a psychopath. 

I agree with you re Beethoven, but not everyone likes his music, by the way!

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2020, 11:04:03 AM »
There overall demeanour and behaviour whilst being interviewed probsbly would, and eyes are a window into the soul (if there is one).  These are not exact sciences after all.

If you're right, that's very bad news for me, as I have Asperger's, and it affects body language. I shall have to live in hope that I'm never interviewed by the police!

You ARE right in one sense though-----IMO---job interviews. I always  had immense trouble in convincing  interview panels that I was actually a reasonable teacher.   Glad I've retired!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2020, 05:07:03 PM »
If you're right, that's very bad news for me, as I have Asperger's, and it affects body language. I shall have to live in hope that I'm never interviewed by the police!

You ARE right in one sense though-----IMO---job interviews. I always  had immense trouble in convincing  interview panels that I was actually a reasonable teacher.   Glad I've retired!
For some reason my post to which you replied above was deleted.  Was it offensive?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2020, 08:21:28 PM »
For some reason my post to which you replied above was deleted.  Was it offensive?

So was mine, and I only spoke about composers 😤
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2020, 08:27:34 PM »

No, it wasn't offensive, and it wasn't deleted. It has moved to the "Wandering off Topic" thread. John seems to have split the thread. !!

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2020, 08:28:53 PM »

So was mine, and I only spoke about composers 😤

I think you will find your post is now in the "Wandering off Topic" thread.