Author Topic: Has disgraced former cop Gonçalo Amaral appealed his conviction?  (Read 40766 times)

Offline John

Re: Has disgraced former cop Gonçalo Amaral appealed his conviction?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 01:21:52 AM »
Has disgraced former cop Gonçalo Amaral appealed his conviction?

Does anyone have any up to date information on this as a search on the internet  seems to throw up all sorts of nonsense?

That's more than bad taste, it's utterly offensive.

Dr. Gonçalo Amaral is not disgraced and if he is not a member of the PJ anymore that's because he chose to: he was taken of from the Madeleine case but he returned to one of his prior positions as a leader on Drug and Terrorism, in fact just prior from his dismissal he was responsible for one of the biggest drug arrests .

In order to write a book to say all he wanted to say he had to resign from his post. I don't believe many people would do that.

It was him that left what he loved most in his life, his profession, in order to speak out.

Why Amaral with a criminal conviction was not kicked out of the Portuguese Police immediately is beyond me.  Says much about the justice system in Portugal but then again...I ain't surprised given what I already know about Spain!

I don't know about you Luz (being in Portugal) but a serving police officer here in the UK with a criminal convictions is considered a disgrace!   Anyone disagree?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:24:01 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 01:26:28 AM »
Back to the question...does anyone know at what stage Amaral's appeal is at or has he decided to bin it?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

icabodcrane

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 01:36:15 AM »
Back to the question...does anyone know at what stage Amaral's appeal is at or has he decided to bin it?

The question is a bit redundant now John ...  you have made it clear that your real purpose in posing it (  in provactive language )  was to get a  reaction

That happened

Might as well let it go now

Offline John

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 01:39:40 AM »

The question is a bit redundant now John ...  you have made it clear that your real purpose in posing it (  in provactive language )  was to get a  reaction

That happened

I take it the question of appealing his conviction has been conveniently put to the side?

debunker

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2013, 01:40:11 AM »

That happened

Has he appealed his criminal convicti o n which resulted in a custodial sentence (suspended).

Offline gilet

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2013, 01:41:03 AM »

That happened

How exactly is it provocative to use the totally accurate adjective "disgraced" about the former cop and current convict Amaral?

He is disgraced.

He disgraced himself. He admitted one disgraceful act in his book and he was convicted for another.

Offline gilet

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2013, 01:46:51 AM »

Does anyone have any up to date information on this as a search on the internet  seems to throw up all sorts of nonsense?

Dr. Gonçalo Amaral is not disgraced and if he is not a member of the PJ anymore that's because he chose to: he was taken of from the Madeleine case but he returned to one of his prior positions as a leader on Drug and Terrorism, in fact just prior from his dismissal he was responsible for one of the biggest drug arrests .

In order to write a book to say all he wanted to say he had to resign from his post. I don't believe many people would do that.

It was him that left what he loved most in his life, his profession, in order to speak out.

Why Amaral with a criminal conviction was not kicked out of the Portuguese Police immediately is beyond me.  Says much about the justice system in Portugal but then again...I ain't surprised given what I already know about Spain!

I don't know about you Luz (being in Portugal) but a serving police officer here in the UK with a criminal convictions is considered a disgrace!   Anyone disagree?

Possibly the most bizarre aspect of the connection between Amaral and the McCann case is that on the morning the case effectively began, 4th May 2007, Amaral wasn't actually co-ordinating full time because he was spending time that day being made Arguido in the Cipriano torture case.

How the senior officers of the Policia Judiciara could allow an arguido in one missing child case to become the Co-ordinator of another missing child case quite astounds me.

Offline Luz

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2013, 02:04:14 AM »

Possibly the most bizarre aspect of the connection between Amaral and the McCann case is that on the morning the case effectively began, 4th May 2007, Amaral wasn't actually co-ordinating full time because he was spending time that day being made Arguido in the Cipriano torture case.

How the senior officers of the Policia Judiciara could allow an arguido in one missing child case to become the Co-ordinator of another missing child case quite astounds me.

Check your sources. You are totally uninformed.
I'm sorry that you are such a little person that chose to insult a person that you don't know just to try to save the face of two "DISGRACED" parents (do you like the word? Fine. Take it.)

Offline gilet

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2013, 02:15:32 AM »

Check your sources. You are totally uninformed.
I'm sorry that you are such a little person that chose to insult a person that you don't know just to try to save the face of two "DISGRACED" parents (do you like the word? Fine. Take it.)

I have checked my facts and I am perfectly correct. You are being very silly now calling me names when I am in fact right about my facts.

And the proof of my claim is here.

http://expresso.sapo.pt/policia-arguido-no-processo-das-agressoes-a-leonor-cipriano=f109569

Offline puglove

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2013, 02:21:14 AM »
The McCanns had a choice. A good old buckets and spades beach holiday with the kids, or a wanky tapas bar talking crap meeting place with their pals. They chose the latter, and hoped they'd get away with it. They didn't, And that is the price they will always have to pay. Whatever happened to that little child, she was too little to be left.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

debunker

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2013, 08:21:31 AM »
The McCanns had a choice. A good old buckets and spades beach holiday with the kids, or a wanky tapas bar talking crap meeting place with their pals. They chose the latter, and hoped they'd get away with it. They didn't, And that is the price they will always have to pay. Whatever happened to that little child, she was too little to be left.

AGreed about her being too little to leave alone in the appartment and that they acted in an ill advised manner. But it does not justify the w.......s (thanks for showing that this term is acceptable on this board) who defame and harass the McCanns.

ANd you should note that many caring parents make full use of creches and children's clubs because they know that kids like playing with oother kids. As a stay at home dad who did most of the childcare and spent years in constant contact with two toddlers 24 hours 7 days, both they and I enjoyed the change that came with holidays.

debunker

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2013, 12:13:39 PM »
Apparently Amaral appealed his conviction in 2011 and lost

http://www.dn.pt/inicio/portugal/interior.aspx?content_id=1882361

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2013, 12:21:59 PM »

He did indeed and I'm sure, with Cipriano's conviction for perjury, will appeal again.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

debunker

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2013, 12:26:06 PM »

He did indeed and I'm sure, with Cipriano's conviction for perjury, will appeal again.

BUt his conviction was not dependent on the truth f those statements.

WE shall see if he is allowed another appeal.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2013, 12:31:52 PM »

Goncalo Amaral was convicted on Written Evidence, signed by him.  He can't talk his way out of that one.