Author Topic: How Can We Be Sure Tasmin Silence’s Sighting Was Important?  (Read 10392 times)

Offline Anthro

Re: How Can We Be Sure Tasmin Silence’s Sighting Was Important?
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2021, 06:58:37 AM »
This is a comparison re. Gorrod and Tasmin’s e-fit.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2021, 08:12:09 AM »
You made an assumption that I had a theory with the opening sentence of your post.

“If you need to believe this to fit with your theory”

Do you believe there is enough evidence to formulate a theory and say categorically that's what you believe happened because I don’t.
So you are completely open minded and accept Madeleine could have been abducted by a stranger?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2021, 08:48:01 AM »
It would appear several posters feel that Tasmin Silence’s sighting of the man looking into the garden of 5a is somehow important. Can I ask why?

The times he was sighted were just after 8.15am and 12.30pm, a strange time, you may think, for a bit of undercover research when the whole town would be going to work and school , to the Millennium for breakfast or for lunch or back to  work or school. It is arguable though that a man, bored waiting for his lift, is a better fit.

Tasmin’s description certainly doesn’t sound like Brueckner and she certainly doesn’t say that the man she saw had a pockmarked face.

‘Concerning the individual, she describes him as being: Caucasian race, light skin, so he wasn't Portuguese, but could be British, according to her criteria. Approximately 180 cm tall, thin complexion, 30/35 years of age. Short hair, like shaved with 1 cm of length and fair, but she isn't sure if it was blonde because the sun was reflecting, and made perception more difficult. She didn't see the eyes because he wore dark glasses of black colour, with a structure of mass, a thick frame. He had a large forehead. Nose of normal size, a bit pointy and sharp. Large ears, close against the head. Mouth with thin lips, she didn't see his teeth. Chin pointing up, which stood out on a face that she describes as sharp. No beard, no moustache, a clean shave. No other special signs, apart from some small pimples on the face as a result of shaving. He looked ugly, even 'disgusting'.’

Also Tasmin says that the second time she saw the man he was looking up towards not only 5a but the rest of the apartments in that vicinity which begs the question, was it really 5a he was interested in?
Do you think the correct response to this witness statement by the police should be to put it down to a childish love of drama and desire to inject herself into the narrative, and to simply assume it was a man waiting for a lift to work? 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 09:01:35 AM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2021, 09:09:39 AM »
Do you think the correct response to this witness statement by the police should be to put it down to a childish love of drama and desire to inject herself into the narrative, and to simply assume it was a man waiting for a lift to work?
was that their actual response?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Lace

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2021, 09:23:58 AM »
The woman of a villa that CB stayed in also described him as ugly.   Also she said he wore a black leather jacket one of the witnesses said he wore a black jacket.

She said: 'I didn't know his name at the time but he was a very good friend of Nicole. He was an ugly man who always wore a black leather jacket.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2021, 09:32:57 AM »
was that their actual response?
I’ve no idea but the man remain unidentified to this day afaik.

Offline Lace

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2021, 09:56:41 AM »
Tasmin -

The first time that she saw him he was wearing a sports style jacket of thin black leather, with a zipper and several pockets also with similar zippers, in silver. She saw no label or inscription. The jacket was open, therefore she saw a white t-shirt, with a dark blue label near the waist, which she cannot identify very well.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2021, 11:10:06 AM »
Tasmin -

The first time that she saw him he was wearing a sports style jacket of thin black leather, with a zipper and several pockets also with similar zippers, in silver. She saw no label or inscription. The jacket was open, therefore she saw a white t-shirt, with a dark blue label near the waist, which she cannot identify very well.

Where is this from?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2021, 11:10:48 AM »
The woman of a villa that CB stayed in also described him as ugly.   Also she said he wore a black leather jacket one of the witnesses said he wore a black jacket.

She said: 'I didn't know his name at the time but he was a very good friend of Nicole. He was an ugly man who always wore a black leather jacket.

Could you provide a link please?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2021, 11:20:08 AM »

The correct response would be for the police to investigate it further and to be clear I think she was absolutely truthful in what she described. This however does not rule out that the man seen was waiting for a lift to work, waiting for a taxi, waiting for a friend or numerous other scenarios.

Offline Icanhandlethetruth

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2021, 11:59:19 AM »
Well if it was him you’d have thought the police would have easily id’ed him, and put Tasmin Sillence’s mind at rest that it wasn’t Madeleine’s abductor she saw, a trauma she has apparently been carrying to this day.

How would they have easily ID’ed him. Its a vague e-fit which in my opinion vaguely resembles Neil Berry. Its not a photograph. Even on this thread more people seem to think it bears no resemblance to Neil Berry than those who do. Perhaps the PJ were in the group who saw little similarity. Maybe they asked him where he was on those dates at the specific time during his rogatory and he couldn’t remember, his memory about the sighting by the cleaner at 18:00 on the 3rd May is less than crystal clear.

“With regard to where I was at 18.00, whom I was with and the fact that I was seen by a witness at this time next to stairs and lift of block 5 of the Ocean Club:
I am not certain where I was at 18.00. It is possible that I was already in my apartment or returning from the bar. In order to arrive at my apartment I would walk along the side of the pool, crossing the stairs of block 4. If I were with someone, this person would be Raj, but as I have already said I do not remember whether I returned with him or before him. I do not remember having seen a lift in any of the apartment blocks. I was not in block 5, but had to pass by it in order to arrive at my apartment. It is possible that I was on the other side of the street opposite block five.”

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/NEIL_BERRY.htm

Offline Icanhandlethetruth

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2021, 12:00:00 PM »
So you are completely open minded and accept Madeleine could have been abducted by a stranger?

Yes, 100% open minded. There is no doubt in my mind that Madeleine could have been abducted by a stranger. I have never intimated on here or anywhere else that it wasn’t possible.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2021, 12:01:06 PM »
The correct response would be for the police to investigate it further and to be clear I think she was absolutely truthful in what she described. This however does not rule out that the man seen was waiting for a lift to work, waiting for a taxi, waiting for a friend or numerous other scenarios.
If he was a local going about his daily routine or Neil Berry then he should have easily been identified by the police and ruled out, don't you agree?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2021, 12:07:18 PM »
How would they have easily ID’ed him. Its a vague e-fit which in my opinion vaguely resembles Neil Berry. Its not a photograph. Even on this thread more people seem to think it bears no resemblance to Neil Berry than those who do. Perhaps the PJ were in the group who saw little similarity. Maybe they asked him where he was on those dates at the specific time during his rogatory and he couldn’t remember, his memory about the sighting by the cleaner at 18:00 on the 3rd May is less than crystal clear.

“With regard to where I was at 18.00, whom I was with and the fact that I was seen by a witness at this time next to stairs and lift of block 5 of the Ocean Club:
I am not certain where I was at 18.00. It is possible that I was already in my apartment or returning from the bar. In order to arrive at my apartment I would walk along the side of the pool, crossing the stairs of block 4. If I were with someone, this person would be Raj, but as I have already said I do not remember whether I returned with him or before him. I do not remember having seen a lift in any of the apartment blocks. I was not in block 5, but had to pass by it in order to arrive at my apartment. It is possible that I was on the other side of the street opposite block five.”

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/NEIL_BERRY.htm
It's the police's job to interview potential suspects and rule out or rule in.  It's a very specific description and IMO if it had been a local on his way to work or one of the holiday makers that looks vaguely like the efit then IMO it should have been fairly easy for the police to do so.  It's clear to me that this individual has never been identified and as such there may still be an important lead.  We just don't know either way, so trying to dismiss the sighting on here as unimportant because the girl was just being a bit giddy or because it was "probably a man waiting for a lift" is a bit short-sighted, IMO.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2021, 12:07:49 PM »
If he was a local going about his daily routine or Neil Berry then he should have easily been identified by the police and ruled out, don't you agree?

Why does he need to be a local?