Author Topic: We have shown the correct location for the Smiths' sighting  (Read 15022 times)

Offline John

We have shown the correct location for the Smiths' sighting
« on: April 16, 2013, 03:09:35 PM »
We have shown the correct location for the Smiths' sighting.

We looked at the route that an abductor would have taken the other day and we used a map which placed the Smiths sighting of a man carrying a child but this is in fact incorrect according to the PJ.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:03:44 PM by Mr Moderator »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

Re: We have shown the correct location for the Smiths' sighting
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 03:10:23 PM »
I now find out that the sighting was not as shown but much further down the road at the actual junction.

This is the actual screen shot from the Amaral video showing where they met.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:26:48 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

icabodcrane

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 03:25:35 PM »
And the man Jane Tanner saw was walking  away  from that direction ...  is that correct  ?

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 03:28:57 PM »
And the man Jane Tanner saw was walking  away  from that direction ...  is that correct  ?

Yes indeed, he walked away to the east from the Ocean Club.

Offline sadie

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 03:45:38 PM »
On the initial image you show, the spot is right outside the staff quarters ... or so we were told by a poster on the 3A's.  Allegedly a scream came from here at about the correct time.

The Smiths were quite a large group and they were well spread out.  It is my understanding that the leaders of the group saw bundleman about 20-25 metres up that same street (R.d'Escola) and just about 40 or so metres from the staff quarters.  The stragglers saw him more or less at the junction with what i believe is called Rua 25 Abril.[information now whitewashed off GE maps}  I am not aware that anyone saw which direction he went when he got to 25 Abril.

Bundleman could have come from the staff quarters, especially if his accomplice was living there.  and that could explain the delay in his getting there.  But no proof either way.

Offline John

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 03:46:49 PM »
This is where the sighting was according to Amaral.  You would think he would know?

According to the video the man was heading due south in the direction from where the Smiths had just come.

icabodcrane

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 03:49:42 PM »
I have always doubted the suggestion that the man Jane Tanner saw,  and the man the Smiths saw were one and the same ...  and the map above confirms my doubts

Not only is there that 50 minute gap between sightings,  we can now see that the man Tanner saw was walking in the opposite direction of the Smiths location

Offline John

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 03:49:46 PM »
Have a look for yourself.

Fast forward to 2.29
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:14:02 PM by Admin »

Offline John

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 03:53:47 PM »
This of course now increases the distance from the Smith's sighting at the bottom of Rua da Escola Primária to the Ocean Club to some 500 metres.

Offline John

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 04:00:16 PM »
Here is the same street in daylight.

The red dotted trail depicts the direction the man went.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:12:38 PM by John »

Offline sadie

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 04:08:12 PM »
Yep , basically the video is OK altho the photograph that Amaral produced for the files shows bundleman about 20 metres up Rua d'Escola.

The group were spread out and the stragglers sawc bthe man at tyhe junction with R.25 Abril

As far as I am aware nobody saw where he went then.  So he could have gone west towards Sergie Malinkas place and the Church, he could have gone East towards the main road, he could have gone south towards Dolphins and ultimately the sea. 

Or he could have been picked up in a car. 

Nobody knows

I make it 385 metres John via R.d'escola.  I think 500 metres must be by a longer route

icabodcrane

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 04:13:11 PM »
Yep , basically the video is OK altho the photograph that Amaral produced for the files shows bundleman about 20 metres up Rua d'Escola.

The group were spread out and the stragglers sawc bthe man at tyhe junction with R.25 Abril

As far as I am aware nobody saw where he went then.  So he could have gone west towards Sergie Malinkas place and the Church, he could have gone East towards the main road, he could have gone south towards Dolphins and ultimately the sea. 

Or he could have been picked up in a car. 

Nobody knows

I make it 385 metres John via R.d'escola.  I think 500 metres must be by a longer route

So where was he going when he was walking east,  as seen by Jane Tanner ?

Where was he during the next 50 minutes ?

...  and why would he still be on foot with a child in his arms almost an hour later if there was a vehicle invoved  ?   
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:15:17 PM by icabodcrane »

Offline John

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 04:13:50 PM »
I know Sadie, I am a qualified civil engineer and it took me ages to work out what the heck the map was meant to be. 

Offline John

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 04:18:30 PM »

...  and why would he still be of foot with a child in his arms almost an hour later if there was a vehicle invoved  ?  there was

Right, so as that's the bottom end of town sorted, I will open a new thread to look at the mystery man which Tanner allegedly saw.  We can incorporate Sadie's theory re an accomplice with a car and look at possible observation points.

icabodcrane

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 04:35:52 PM »

...  and why would he still be of foot with a child in his arms almost an hour later if there was a vehicle invoved  ?  there was

Right, so as that's the bottom end of town sorted, I will open a new thread to look at the mystery man which Tanner allegedly saw.  We can incorporate Sadie's theory re an accomplice with a car and look at possible observation points.

Sounds good to me John

I like this methodical approach to the evidence we have available