Author Topic: The 'Hate' Question.  (Read 29703 times)

Offline faithlilly

The 'Hate' Question.
« on: May 13, 2013, 02:49:23 PM »
Why is it assumed that if you express any doubt in the abduction theory, that doubt is driven by hate for the McCanns ? Why do members think that the McCanns inspire such hatred in otherwise intelligent and compassionate people ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

Re: The 'Hate' Question.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 03:03:38 PM »
Before posing the "hate" question perhaps you could address the questions I put to you here? http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1541.225

Then perhaps you could tell us why YOU hate the McCanns so much - in your own time...

My, my Martha you have got your knickers in a twist over a few 'insignificant' emails ! 8)-)))
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

AnneGuedes

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 03:17:31 PM »
Interesting question, Faithlilly.
It is scary to criticize the abduction thesis on this forum, you have to expect being treated like a h....r.
I'm aware critics hurt some posters in their feelings and in their hope and I feel sorry I'm not a believer. But others, like a certain nurse, obviously get a kick accusing you of hatred.
And this gives me the creeps.
Saying it's a thesis is already suspect, because it's the reality the parents keep on assuming and they "know better", as said Mrs McCann, "because she was there", which I understand as "I saw the shutters and the window and the curtains".
In fact, had she really seen that, I wouldn't doubt Madeleine had been taken.
And had one of the TPs seen these forced shutters/open window/flying curtains, I wouldn't doubt, because I really don't think they did any cover up, though they likely protected themselves of neglect accusation in their statements.

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 04:26:03 PM »
Personally, I'm not aware of any "intelligent and compassionate people" who have been inspired to hate the family.

debunker

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 04:37:02 PM »
Interesting question, Faithlilly.
It is scary to criticize the abduction thesis on this forum, you have to expect being treated like a h....r.
I'm aware critics hurt some posters in their feelings and in their hope and I feel sorry I'm not a believer. But others, like a certain nurse, obviously get a kick accusing you of hatred.
And this gives me the creeps.
Saying it's a thesis is already suspect, because it's the reality the parents keep on assuming and they "know better", as said Mrs McCann, "because she was there", which I understand as "I saw the shutters and the window and the curtains".
In fact, had she really seen that, I wouldn't doubt Madeleine had been taken.
And had one of the TPs seen these forced shutters/open window/flying curtains, I wouldn't doubt, because I really don't think they did any cover up, though they likely protected themselves of neglect accusation in their statements.

It is quite acceptable to query the abduction thesis.

What it is not acceptable to do is to defame the parennts for your own perverted amusement.

I quietly accept that there is a possibility that the McCanns are in some way culpable, but becasue I am mature, rational and empathetic enough, I am happy to let such matters rest with the Met and the Portuguese Justice system.

Because I am able to live a full and busy life outside forum land I do not need to make up tall stories and pretend that I am better than the police.

Because I am rational and fairly well educated and experienced in the ways of the world, I do not need to construct elaborate conspiracy theories about what happened.

I accept that the case is really none of my business and get on with things without finding any perverse need to shift any shortcomings that I have onto the McCanns as scapegoats.

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 04:45:35 PM »
Why is it assumed that if you express any doubt in the abduction theory, that doubt is driven by hate for the McCanns ? Why do members think that the McCanns inspire such hatred in otherwise intelligent and compassionate people ?

I refer you to the comments - now thankfully removed, from the Madeleine birthday thread.

Offline Mo Stache

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 04:52:02 PM »
From where I am sitting you are the only one making the assumption. Not everyone doubting the abduction theory are [ censored word ]s, but because of the hate campaign against the McCann's (your fellow forum members who have moved beyond discussing the case on the internet to pamphleteering, stalking, threatening and libelling the McCann's in real life) they are all tarred with that same '[ censored word ]' feather.
The question that should be asked is: Are those who target the McCann's (stalk, harass and threaten them) intelligent and compassionate people? 

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 04:54:21 PM »
From where I am sitting you are the only one making the assumption. Not everyone doubting the abduction theory are h.....s, but because of the hate campaign against the McCann's (your fellow forum members who have moved beyond discussing the case on the internet to pamphleteering, stalking, threatening and libelling the McCann's in real life) they are all tarred with that same 'h.....' feather.
The question that should be asked is: Are those who target the McCann's (stalk, harass and threaten them) intelligent and compassionate people?

8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 04:55:04 PM »
Why do members think that the McCanns inspire such hatred in otherwise intelligent and compassionate people ?

Normal  intelligent and compassionate people are not inspired to hate by total strangers - yes it can happen if someone affects them personally - but not strangers.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 06:02:30 PM »

I refer you to the comments - now thankfully removed, from the Madeleine birthday thread.

Reality may not always be palatable but is still reality.

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 06:05:43 PM »

the strange thing is that you and others felt the need to post on a thread for Madeleine's birthday!

There are plenty of other threads here.

debunker

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 06:07:00 PM »

But your claimed 'reality' is in fact a concoction of assumptions made by someone with an ax to grind.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 06:14:06 PM »
Why do members think that the McCanns inspire such hatred in otherwise intelligent and compassionate people ?

Normal  intelligent and compassionate people are not inspired to hate by total strangers - yes it can happen if someone affects them personally - but not strangers.

That is the point. To raise doubts about the abduction theory is tantamount to displaying a pathological hatred of the McCanns in some people's eyes. Does asking questions as a mature adult really have to involve a hatred of the person you doubt ?

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 06:15:23 PM »

And you say you care, about Madeleine. It didn't look like it on that thread, sad really, taking it out on a child.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 06:18:39 PM »

That is the point. To raise doubts about the abduction theory is tantamount to displaying a pathological hatred of the McCanns in some people's eyes. Does asking questions as a mature adult really have to involve a hatred of the person you doubt ?

you tell me