Author Topic: The 'Hate' Question.  (Read 29700 times)

amaraltheofficeboy

Re: The 'Hate' Question.
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2013, 11:10:07 PM »
welcome to the hate thread

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2013, 11:43:39 PM »
Only offensive little brats will be banned .... the debate should remain civil at all times with people freely allowed to express their opinions without being attacked for doing so!

Offline John

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2013, 03:11:49 AM »
In the absence of a firm confirmation that a child is dead, I can't see that there is a worse form of betrayal of any missing child than denying them the right to be regarded as a living & find-able missing child.

That is a beautifully expressed sentiment

I completely agree with Mrs B.   In the absence of any evidence to the contrary we must hope that Madeleine is still alive and being held captive.  In those circumstances therefore we must do all we can to bring her home.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Puffin

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2013, 08:41:48 AM »
In the absence of a firm confirmation that a child is dead, I can't see that there is a worse form of betrayal of any missing child than denying them the right to be regarded as a living & find-able missing child.

I completely agree with Mrs B.   In the absence of any evidence to the contrary we must hope that Madeleine is still alive and being held captive.  In those circumstances therefore we must do all we can to bring her home.
What  I am failing to understand is why some people WANT the child dead.  I am reminded of something I saw, I think on twitter, a poster stating they "would be gutted if Madeleine was found alive"!   That comment, which was repeated and then copied elsewhere, made me feel sick,   I want her to be alive, to be reunited with her parents, is that so wrong?
Truth is the property of no individual but is the treasure of all men.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

ferryman

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2013, 08:46:59 AM »

What  I am failing to understand is why some people WANT the child dead.  I am reminded of something I saw, I think on twitter, a poster stating they "would be gutted if Madeleine was found alive"!   That comment, which was repeated and then copied elsewhere, made me feel sick,   I want her to be alive, to be reunited with her parents, is that so wrong?

Of course it isn't wrong!

I will confess that I can conceive of some sort of living hell I don't want to think about too deeply and wouldn't wish on anyone.

But the sort of people you are talking about are interested solely in the dogs being right, and Amaral vindicated as the man who cracked the crime because they resent and hate Kate and Gerry McCann, and for no other reason.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2013, 09:32:44 AM »

I will confess that I can conceive of some sort of living hell I don't want to think about too deeply and wouldn't wish on anyone.

But the sort of people you are talking about are interested solely in the dogs being right, and Amaral vindicated as the man who cracked the crime because they resent and hate Kate and Gerry McCann, and for no other reason.

Why do some people hate the McCanns so much?  Is it because Gerry speaks with a Glaswegian accent as against having a Cockney one or is it that he comes across quite cold and uncaring in interviews?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2013, 09:43:10 AM »
Perhaps this may be of interest.

http://inter-disciplinary.net/ati/Evil/Evil%209/goc%20paper.pdf

“Bad Mummy”—Kate McCann, Medea and the Media by Dr Nicola Goc University of Tasmania

Offline Puffin

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2013, 09:57:08 AM »

“Bad Mummy”—Kate McCann, Medea and the Media by Dr Nicola Goc University of Tasmania
Very interesting, Mrs B, thanks for posting the link.    8@??)( 8((()*/
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Puffin

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2013, 10:07:15 AM »

Why do some people hate the McCanns so much?  Is it because Gerry speaks with a Glaswegian accent as against having a Cockney one or is it that he comes across quite cold and uncaring in interviews?
I have noticed quite a lot of antipathy between the English and the Scots, so maybe it is his accent.   He comes over to me as a rather reserved man, which may translate in interviews as cold and uncaring.   Now that the media etc are pushing body language as a weapon to show that  anyone who doesn't weep and wail on camera has to be hiding something non-emotion is the benchmark to apply in all cases.   At the same time, one remembers the woman who did just that and then turned out to be part of a scam regarding her 'missing' daughter, she bawled non-stop and was held up by some as a shining example of how a distraught mother should behave.  We are all different, we all react differently.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:24:05 AM by Puffin »
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2013, 10:08:35 AM »

Very interesting, Mrs B, thanks for posting the link.    8@??)( 8((()*/

Thanks, I did find it interesting too  8((()*/

AnneGuedes

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2013, 10:36:29 AM »

Comparing KMC to Medea is grotesque. Medea is a complex figure and figures more than passionate love's extremities.
Have you ever read Eddie smelt death on the Bible ? This one I didn't know !
How can Dr Nicola Goc write that David killed his child !
Curiously Eddie is only mentioned there, speculations on blood serve better the purpose to back a certain opinion on Lindy Chamberlain.

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2013, 10:51:35 AM »
You are of course entitled to your opinion and I mean no offence, but I think you may have misunderstood this paper on several levels. Dr. Goc is not saying "David killed his child". She is referring to what has been reported in the Media - the sources are very clearly listed, please feel free to check.

Also, the paper is not about Eddie the Dog, it's about MSM & their treatment of Kate McCann in comparison to Lindy Chamberlain.

Thirdly, I hope you are aware that Lindy Chamberlain has been legally cleared of any involvement in her daughter's death. It's not a matter of "certain opinion" - it's a matter Court Record.

Offline Benice

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2013, 10:55:37 AM »

Thanks for that Mrs B.  The chilling similarities between what happened to Lindy Chamberlain and Kate McCann are unmistakeable.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

AnneGuedes

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2013, 11:22:25 AM »
You are of course entitled to your opinion and I mean no offence, but I think you may have misunderstood this paper on several levels. Dr. Goc is not saying "David killed his child". She is referring to what has been reported in the Media - the sources are very clearly listed, please feel free to check.

Also, the paper is not about Eddie the Dog, it's about MSM & their treatment of Kate McCann in comparison to Lindy Chamberlain.

Thirdly, I hope you are aware that Lindy Chamberlain has been legally cleared of any involvement in her daughter's death. It's not a matter of "certain opinion" - it's a matter Court Record.
It has been reported the bible was found open at the story of how David killed his son.
I find this ambiguous, lots of people have no biblical culture, not only in catholic countries.
Why does she insist so much on the blood and say nothing on the cadaver scent (this is what mainly impressed people since no visible blood was found) ?
I'm afraid Dr Nicola Goc in this article contributes to the rumours she pretends to denounce.
Court Records aren't impressed by rumours, but you know that public opinion is. Dr Goc has a thesis concerning Lindy Chamberlain and uses abusively Mrs McCann's case to sell it.
All this imho of course.

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2013, 11:39:22 AM »
Why does she insist so much on the blood and say nothing on the cadaver scent (this is what mainly impressed people since no visible blood was found)

Probably because the paper deals with the treatment of Mothers faced with tragedy & their treatment in main stream media, not a paper on forensic science vs virtues of sniffer dogs. But that's just my guess, of course  8(0(*