Author Topic: The Felicia Cabrita story about the 14 bottles of wine.  (Read 34927 times)

Offline Jean-Pierre

Re: The Felicia Cabrita story about the 14 bottles of wine.
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2013, 07:43:03 AM »
There isn't.

Whatever country they are in.

How will you stop people drinking on duty or in jobs ?

Thank you Stephen.  Although your response does seem to be rather obscure.

I can understand this.  You are between a rock and a hard place. 

You are content to condemn the McCanns for drinking while on holiday.  But to extend the same standard to Amaral would mean that you would have to condemn him also - his responsiblity was to investigate a crime, and imbibing alcohol would reduce his capacity. 

stephen25000

« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2013, 07:54:35 AM »
Thank you Stephen.  Although your response does seem to be rather obscure.

I can understand this.  You are between a rock and a hard place. 

You are content to condemn the McCanns for drinking while on holiday.  But to extend the same standard to Amaral would mean that you would have to condemn him also - his responsiblity was to investigate a crime, and imbibing alcohol would reduce his capacity.

John-Pierre I condemn anyone including Amaral , who uses alcohol in a situation which impairs their work or endangers others.

Some wonder why I have this antipathy towards alcohol. I'm not tee-total, but I have seen first hand what it can do to a close family member over a prolong period.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2013, 08:38:12 AM »
Thank you Stephen.  I agree. 

Offline Lace

« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2013, 02:40:06 PM »
What I haven't come seen is a statement from anyone in the Tapas Bar saying that the McCann's or their friends were rolling around drunk.

Offline Mo Stache

« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2013, 03:05:42 PM »
John-Pierre I condemn anyone including Amaral , who uses alcohol in a situation which impairs their work or endangers others.

Some wonder why I have this antipathy towards alcohol. I'm not tee-total, but I have seen first hand what it can do to a close family member over a prolong period.
Stephen. On this point I also agree with you.

I would even go so far as to mention that I've had communications with Admin asking them if it's acceptable to allow posters here to post intoxicated. In doing so they enable them; instead of extending a helping hand they are allowed to be the laughing stock of the board. Not nice at all, when there is an opportunity to genuinely help someone with an obvious drink problem. We have a moral obligation towards others, even if we don't agree on certain issues. As people we should support and help others.

Offline Carana

« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2013, 03:49:28 PM »

Thanks for sharing that. It's given me a better understanding of where you're coming from. It must be painful to watch someone close acting irrationally and going downhill.

I wonder if that hurt might be distorting your perception of the McCanns in this respect?

I agree that we all have different tolerance levels and views about alcohol consumption, but there is simply no evidence that their consumption was anything but moderate.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2013, 01:06:55 AM »
Moderate, I'm not sure, but they were holidaying.
The WHO, considering a glass contains 10cl of wine and then 10g of alcool, advises :
2 glasses of wine maximum a day if you're a woman, a youth or an old person, 3 if you're a man (it's a question of weight)