Author Topic: James Bulger's mum targeted by sick Twitter troll  (Read 5694 times)

Offline sadie

Re: James Bulger's mum targeted by sick Twitter troll
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 11:59:35 PM »
Let the Feds deal with the outlaws, Sadie.

Everybody here seems rational to me.
At the moment, I agree  8((()*/

More or less.

It has been bad tho

Really bad ... so bad that it has been well discussed elsewhere on the internet ... and in several places

Lyall

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 12:11:10 AM »
It's always been a case that has generated passionate discussion. But I agree with you, people elsewhere do need to be more careful with what they say.

Offline sadie

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 12:25:08 AM »
It's always been a case that has generated passionate discussion. But I agree with you, people elsewhere do need to be more careful with what they say.
I like what you are saying.  8@??)(

Lyall

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 12:48:11 AM »
I meant on both 'sides'. There are accusations made, without substantiation, against many people, not just Madeleine's parents. It's not just an issue with one 'side'.

Lyall

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 01:19:18 AM »
Now I see the Mirror article isn't exactly telling the truth. I should have known.

The Mirror! 8(8-))

Lyall

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 01:51:58 AM »
The tweet was in the middle of a discussion. A puerile one I'd say, but it's been taken out of context.

Lyall

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 01:58:58 AM »
"Us guys" again 8()-000(

Offline Admin

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 02:48:48 PM »
It has taken a while and is an ongoing process but it is good to see that the police have at last begun to take action against those who would abuse on the internet. 

Offline Brietta

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2016, 09:49:24 AM »
James Bulger's mum targeted by sick Twitter troll blaming HER for son's murder

21 Aug 2013 00:00

Denise Fergus's two-year-old son was abducted and battered to death on a railway line by Jon Venables and Robert Thompson

The mum of tragic toddler James Bulger has been blamed for her son’s death by a sick Twitter troll.

Denise Fergus, whose two-year-old son was abducted and battered to death on a railway line, is the latest victim of twisted bullying on the microblogging website.

The troll posted a tweet reading: “[Denise] was to blame. She let go of James’ hand.”

Denise, 45, was devastated and posted back: “Cant believe that some1 on here is still blaming me 4 my sons murder, it took me a long time 2 stop blamin myself. Thanx 4 ruinin my evenin’.”

James was at a shopping centre with Denise in Bootle, Merseyside, when he was whisked away and tortured to death by Jon Venables and Robert Thompson, both 10, in 1993.

Her husband Stuart, 38, slammed the troll, who was discussing the 2007 disappearance of Madeleine McCann, three, in Portugal.

He said: “It affected Denise. Twitter have got to act against trolls. They face no consequences. It’s gutless.”

The Mirror has called on PM David Cameron to look at trolling laws after the suicide of Hannah Smith, 14, who was targeted by anonymous bullies on the website ask.fm.

Trolls can be charged if prosecutors deem their words “grossly offensive”.

But MP Steve Rotheram, who launched a campaign after trolling of the family of railway tragedy victim Georgia Varley, 16, said: “The law is confusing and depends upon what you find grossly offensive.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/james-bulgers-mum-targeted-twitter-2194365#ixzz2cbAM2K84

Twitter troll who taunted James Bulger's mother with 'sadistic' abuse including pretending to be the murdered toddler and blaming her for his death is jailed for three years
  • Chloe Cowan contacted Denise Fergus pretending to be her dead son
  • She also tried to troll Ms Fergus by claiming to  be her son's killer
  • The 20-year-old student admitted stalking at Canterbury Crown Court
  • She was jailed for three years and banned from contacting Ms Fergus

By DARREN BOYLE FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 19:42, 14 July 2016 | UPDATED: 21:17, 14 July 2016

A Twitter troll has been jailed after bullying the mother of murdered toddler Jamie Bulger online.

Chloe Cowan, who wasn't even born when toddler Jamie was murdered 22 years ago, sent vile tweets to Bulger's mother Denise Fergus on Twitter.

The 20-year-old performing arts student pleaded guilty to a stalking offence under Section 4 of the 1997 Protection Of Harassment Act of causing Mrs Fergus 'serious alarm'.

The messages had 'an adverse effect on her usual day-to-day activities' between January and June last year.
Judge Adele Williams branded Cowan was 'sadistic' and 'tormented' the tragic tot's mother with a 'cruelty which was truly breathtaking' and 'designed to cause maximum distress and anguish'.

Shockingly, when police raided Cowan's home at the time in Margate, they found pictures of dead and mutilated babies and a photograph of Jamie Bulger's grave on her computer.

Canterbury Crown Court was told officers also found pictures of Jamie being led away by his killers and a photograph of Mrs Fergus with a hangman's noose around her neck.

Cowan had a macabre interest in child deaths, child rape, serial killers, and notorious child murderers Myra Hindley, Ian Huntley and Rose West.

The judge added: 'Your offence involved sending the most vile and degrading messages via Twitter to Denise Fergus.
'In my judgement you have shown no true remorse and no insight into your offending.
'This is maybe because you cannot show true remorse or insight.'

A psychiatric report revealed that Cowan, now of Ramsgate, Kent, was suffering from 'emotionally unstable personality disorder'.

At an earlier hearing, the court also heard how Cowan was addicted to laxatives.

She sobbed throughout the hour-long hearing.

Prosecuting, Peter Forbes revealed how Cowan had created an alter-ego in the name of Farina La Rose, with her own date of birth and claiming to be a child murderer.

Cowan also created accounts in the names of 'Bulger's Ghost' and 'John Venables'- one of Jamie's killers.
He said: 'She created another called Life Of LaRose receiving texts in which she said she got goosebumps from lifeless infants and on that internet site were pictures of children on train tracks.'

Cowan was arrested after police launched an investigation when Mrs Fergus complained about 'trolls' on Twitter blaming her for the death of Jamie in 1993.

Mrs Fergus tweeted: 'Cant believe that some1 on here is still blamin me 4 my sons murder it took me a long time 2 stop blamin myself thanx 4 ruinin my evenin (sic).'

After a picture of a relative of Mrs Fergus was posted online, Cowan, using the username SirJVenables, taunted: 'Can't wait til he's a tot, the tracks are already calling his name.' - referring to the brutal murder of Bulger.

Other messages sent between February and May 2014 were 'particularly cruel,' the prosecutor added.
One of them - in which Mrs Fergus was tagged - read: 'The anniversary of my death is like a giant pigeon forever crapping on your heart.'

Another said: 'You all know who I am, the lad who abused Jamie Bulger, hahaha.'

A victim impact statement made by the mother - who had been expected to attend the hearing - was given to the judge.

Judge Williams added: 'In it she explains she has at times felt unable to leave her house and has locked herself away in her own bedroom.'

Mrs Fergus told police she thought the messages were disgusting and added: 'You can't keep targeting me like this... this just brings it all back and is mocking Jamie's death.
'This is mental cruelty and you shouldn't be able to write this and get away with it. It is just pure cruel.'

Andrew Espley, defending, said that as a result of what Cowan did she had received numerous death threats
Cowan was also given a ten-year ban from contacting Mrs Fergus or her family.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3690775/Twitter-troll-taunted-James-Bulger-s-mother-sadistic-abuse-including-pretending-murdered-toddler-blaming-death-jailed-three-years.html#ixzz4EStVz0TP

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Lace

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2016, 10:16:32 AM »
Twitter troll who taunted James Bulger's mother with 'sadistic' abuse including pretending to be the murdered toddler and blaming her for his death is jailed for three years
  • Chloe Cowan contacted Denise Fergus pretending to be her dead son
  • She also tried to troll Ms Fergus by claiming to  be her son's killer
  • The 20-year-old student admitted stalking at Canterbury Crown Court
  • She was jailed for three years and banned from contacting Ms Fergus

By DARREN BOYLE FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 19:42, 14 July 2016 | UPDATED: 21:17, 14 July 2016

A Twitter troll has been jailed after bullying the mother of murdered toddler Jamie Bulger online.

Chloe Cowan, who wasn't even born when toddler Jamie was murdered 22 years ago, sent vile tweets to Bulger's mother Denise Fergus on Twitter.

The 20-year-old performing arts student pleaded guilty to a stalking offence under Section 4 of the 1997 Protection Of Harassment Act of causing Mrs Fergus 'serious alarm'.

The messages had 'an adverse effect on her usual day-to-day activities' between January and June last year.
Judge Adele Williams branded Cowan was 'sadistic' and 'tormented' the tragic tot's mother with a 'cruelty which was truly breathtaking' and 'designed to cause maximum distress and anguish'.

Shockingly, when police raided Cowan's home at the time in Margate, they found pictures of dead and mutilated babies and a photograph of Jamie Bulger's grave on her computer.

Canterbury Crown Court was told officers also found pictures of Jamie being led away by his killers and a photograph of Mrs Fergus with a hangman's noose around her neck.

Cowan had a macabre interest in child deaths, child rape, serial killers, and notorious child murderers Myra Hindley, Ian Huntley and Rose West.

The judge added: 'Your offence involved sending the most vile and degrading messages via Twitter to Denise Fergus.
'In my judgement you have shown no true remorse and no insight into your offending.
'This is maybe because you cannot show true remorse or insight.'

A psychiatric report revealed that Cowan, now of Ramsgate, Kent, was suffering from 'emotionally unstable personality disorder'.

At an earlier hearing, the court also heard how Cowan was addicted to laxatives.

She sobbed throughout the hour-long hearing.

Prosecuting, Peter Forbes revealed how Cowan had created an alter-ego in the name of Farina La Rose, with her own date of birth and claiming to be a child murderer.

Cowan also created accounts in the names of 'Bulger's Ghost' and 'John Venables'- one of Jamie's killers.
He said: 'She created another called Life Of LaRose receiving texts in which she said she got goosebumps from lifeless infants and on that internet site were pictures of children on train tracks.'

Cowan was arrested after police launched an investigation when Mrs Fergus complained about 'trolls' on Twitter blaming her for the death of Jamie in 1993.

Mrs Fergus tweeted: 'Cant believe that some1 on here is still blamin me 4 my sons murder it took me a long time 2 stop blamin myself thanx 4 ruinin my evenin (sic).'

After a picture of a relative of Mrs Fergus was posted online, Cowan, using the username SirJVenables, taunted: 'Can't wait til he's a tot, the tracks are already calling his name.' - referring to the brutal murder of Bulger.

Other messages sent between February and May 2014 were 'particularly cruel,' the prosecutor added.
One of them - in which Mrs Fergus was tagged - read: 'The anniversary of my death is like a giant pigeon forever crapping on your heart.'

Another said: 'You all know who I am, the lad who abused Jamie Bulger, hahaha.'

A victim impact statement made by the mother - who had been expected to attend the hearing - was given to the judge.

Judge Williams added: 'In it she explains she has at times felt unable to leave her house and has locked herself away in her own bedroom.'

Mrs Fergus told police she thought the messages were disgusting and added: 'You can't keep targeting me like this... this just brings it all back and is mocking Jamie's death.
'This is mental cruelty and you shouldn't be able to write this and get away with it. It is just pure cruel.'

Andrew Espley, defending, said that as a result of what Cowan did she had received numerous death threats
Cowan was also given a ten-year ban from contacting Mrs Fergus or her family.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3690775/Twitter-troll-taunted-James-Bulger-s-mother-sadistic-abuse-including-pretending-murdered-toddler-blaming-death-jailed-three-years.html#ixzz4EStVz0TP

What goes through the minds of people like her?    What a sick twisted individual she is.

I am glad she has been locked up,  it sends a message to all like her that this sort of mental torture will not be tolerated.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2016, 11:20:19 AM »

All of these people who have been charged and tried for Internet Abuse have got mental health problems, apparently.  Or so they all plead.
Personally, I think it is a lack of moral compass.