Author Topic: The Jane Tanner surveillance of Robert Murat episode.  (Read 43157 times)

Offline Carana

Re: The Jane Tanner surveillance of Robert Murat episode.
« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2016, 11:29:02 AM »
That may be your interpretation.
The court ruled there was nothing in the book that was not in the files or that infringed the McCanns rights which is a different proposition.

From memory, that wasn't quite how it was stated concerning what was in the files and what wasn't.

There are details that are most certainly not in the accessible files, and some that are absent that would have provided a more objective view in terms of context.

IMO, the book is relatively tame compared to the documentary and in particular his increasingly strange claims in his pre- and post-book claims in the media.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #166 on: August 25, 2016, 12:33:02 PM »
From memory, that wasn't quite how it was stated concerning what was in the files and what wasn't.

There are details that are most certainly not in the accessible files, and some that are absent that would have provided a more objective view in terms of context.

IMO, the book is relatively tame compared to the documentary and in particular his increasingly strange claims in his pre- and post-book claims in the media.

Do you mean the court did state there were things in the book that were not in the file that were an infringement t of the McCanns rights?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

ferryman

« Reply #167 on: August 25, 2016, 01:21:44 PM »
Do you mean the court did state there were things in the book that were not in the file that were an infringement t of the McCanns rights?

Don't know whether they did or didn't.

But they certainly should have.

It isn't in the files that Mark Harrison turned the enquiry to one for a little girl assumed dead.

It is in the files that Mark Harrison had no clue (what happened to Madeleine).

Amaral's (fiction) has it that Mark Harrison (turned) the enquiry into one for a little girl assumed dead.

Mark Harrison did not.

Mark Harrison just worked to a brief handed to him (by the PJ) to search for a little girl assumed dead.

Offline Carana

« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2016, 05:43:23 PM »
I've heard it all now    @)(++(*

She was asked a direct question about the man she saw, her response had nothing to do with Bob Small.  Tanner obviously thought it was Murat she saw but in hindsight changed her mind or had it changed for her like so much in this case.

It reminds me of the TV documentary where she directly challenged Gerry McCanns version of events and ending up crying on Edgar's shoulder.  Oh dear!!

I disagree.

If the actual video recordings had been released, what Jane meant may have been clearer. As it is, the three suspension dots just prior to an interruption by the police officer don't help to clarfiy what the end of her sentence may have been if she hadn't been interrupted.

I happen to agree with Benice on that point. At the time, it was a potentially relevant piece of an urgent jigsaw puzzle, even though it led nowhere.

IMO, what Jane was saying was that she thought it important to inform the police of the conversation with her fellow holiday-makers. I would have done the same in the circumstances, and I expect that many others here would have done as well.

Offline Carana

« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2016, 08:56:45 PM »

That is not what I said, Alice.

Offline mercury

« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2016, 02:18:26 AM »
There is no evidence that tanner didnt finger murat

:)

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2016, 02:53:36 AM »
There is no evidence that tanner did finger murat
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 03:54:08 PM by John »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.