Author Topic: McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel case - Witnesses  (Read 27878 times)

Redblossom

Re: McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel case - Witnesses
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 04:37:23 PM »
read from bottom up   

martinbrunt @skymartinbrunt   27m
#madeleine Loach: TV documentary later made things worse because more than 2 million people watched it.
View details ·   
    martinbrunt @skymartinbrunt   30m
#madeleine Loach: book was published 3 days after Port police closed case saying no evidence of McCann involvement and "destroyed all that."
View details ·   
    martinbrunt @skymartinbrunt   32m
#madeleine Loach: "Kate realised the people she needed help from now thought Madeleine was dead and they were implicated."
View details ·   
    martinbrunt @skymartinbrunt   34m
#madeleine Documentary producer Emma Loach, friend of MCcanns, said Amaral's book and TV prog based on it had "devastating" effect on them.
View details ·   
    martinbrunt @skymartinbrunt   2h
#madeleine Hubbard: actors who played Kate and Gerry in Portuguese documentary portrayed them after M vanished as "crazy, heavy drinkers"
View details ·   
    martinbrunt @skymartinbrunt   3h
#madeleine Mrs Hubbard said TV documentary after the book made things worse, because viewers then bought more books.
View details ·   
    martinbrunt @skymartinbrunt   3h
#madeleine Mrs Hubbard said McCanns could not believe Mr Amaral was allowed to write his book "without any facts."
View details ·   
    martinbrunt @skymartinbrunt   4h
#madeleine Mrs Hubbard said McCanns devastated because book made everyone believe Madeleine was dead.
View details ·   
#madeleine Mrs Hubbard said McCanns had to use all their energy to defend themselves instead of searching for Madeleine.
View details ·   
#madeleine Susan Hubbard says McCanns devastated by Amaral book which said Madeleine died accidentally and they had been negligent.
View details ·   
    martinbrunt @skymartinbrunt   5h
#madeleine Mr Amaral loses bid to have media excluded and libel trial under way. First witness is Susan Hubbard, friend and priest's wife
View details ·   

Offline John

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 04:45:58 PM »
I find it very interesting that the Roman Catholic village priest from Praia da Luz has been sidelined in preference to the Church of England clerics wife Susan Hubbard.  They will be converting next.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

icabodcrane

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 04:55:00 PM »
I am surprised that Kate's good friend Fiona Payne is not there to speak about the devasting effect Amaral's book had on the McCanns 

I mean she was involved from the very start,  and given that she lives in Rothley it is fair to assume that she and Kate have stayed in close contact.  That being the case,  she would have witnessed the McCann's distress first-hand  (  indeed,  she was shipped in to support Kate at a previous court hearing,  when Gerry unexpectedly left to go home  )   

Instead,  though,  we have Mrs Hubbard as a witness to the distress  the book's publication caused the McCanns  ...  even though she was living in Canada at the time,  and did not observe it herself

ferryman

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 05:03:07 PM »
I am surprised that Kate's good friend Fiona Payne is not there to speak about the devasting effect Amaral's book had on the McCanns 

I mean she was involved from the very start,  and given that she lives in Rothley it is fair to assume that she and Kate have stayed in close contact.  That being the case,  she would have witnessed the McCann's distress first-hand  (  indeed,  she was shipped in to support Kate at a previous court hearing,  when Gerry unexpectedly left to go home  )   

Instead,  though,  we have Mrs Hubbard as a witness to the distress  the book's publication caused the McCanns  ...  even though she was living in Canada at the time,  and did not observe it herself

Whose judgment to trust: Icabod's or Isabel Duarte's?

Tough one ...

Redblossom

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 05:08:11 PM »

Or her personal gp/psychiatrist who treated her when, according to the libel writ, issued spring 2009 IS steeped in a deep and serious depression? or Gerrys if he made a visit to discuss living in a permanent state of anxiety and fear and loss of appetite....if that was true they sure had a great way of hiding it on camera right from Sept 08, example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P-z5HJxr0o&feature=youtube_gdata_player
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 05:11:43 PM by Redblossom »

Redblossom

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 05:30:31 PM »
#madeleine Loach: TV bosses wouldn't let me use use the word "abduction" in my documentary because McCanns were still suspects.

So? Whats that to do with Amarals book? her first documentary was in April 2008

She certainly made up for it in her second in May 2009 when the female narrator (was it her?) said Jane Tanner may not have been the only one to see Madeleine being carried away by the abductor!....as IF any part of  that statement was a fact of any kind

Tut, artistic licences

And from a series calling itself cutting edge, fact finding documentaries, more like fuzzy edge!

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 05:37:01 PM by Redblossom »

Lyall

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 05:46:58 PM »
Narrator was Gina McKee I think. Oh Gina 8(8-))

icabodcrane

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 05:47:20 PM »
So far,  McCann witnesses have attested to the 'distress'  caused to the McCanns  by Amaral's book

I'm sure that is true ...   of course the book will have distressed them

Distressing isn't the same as libelous though is it  ?   (   the truth can be distressing too, afterall ) 

What witnesses do they have who will give evidence that  proves  what Amaral wrote  is untrue  ?

(  anyone know is on their list of witnesses   ?  ) 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 05:49:03 PM by icabodcrane »

Redblossom

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 05:50:57 PM »
Thanks Lyall

Icab, these ones reported, though not sure if there are any others

Emma Loach, tv producer of two Mccann documentaries
Susan Hubbard, priests wife, befriended the Mccanns in PDL
Angus McBride, high flying(extradition or libel?) lawyer,not sure if was ever used
Dave Edgar, ex RUC police, Mccanns PI from Nov 08
Susan Healy, Kates mother
Michael  Wright,husband of Kates cousin who was in PDL on and off through the spring/summer
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 05:56:56 PM by Redblossom »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 05:55:13 PM »
So far,  McCann witnesses have attested to the 'distress'  caused to the McCanns  by Amaral's book

Distressing isn't the same as libelous though is it  ?   (   the truth can be distressing too, afterall ) 

What witnesses do they have who will give evidence that  proves  what Amaral wrote  is untrue  ?

Or witnesses that can provide statistical evidence that the book really did hamper the search ? Surely just stating in their opinion it has is not enough ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

stephen25000

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 05:55:32 PM »
Whose judgment to trust: Icabod's or Isabel Duarte's?

Tough one ...

Duarte, not in a million years. 8((()*/

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 06:00:35 PM »

perhaps you haven't seen my posts. What level of proof do they have to show...criminal..civil...or absolute

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2013, 06:05:31 PM »
or perhaps you have seen my posts and don't know the answer

Redblossom

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2013, 06:14:45 PM »
Panic stations....

Dont be so peurile...an attempt to discuss points might be more effective

icabodcrane

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2013, 06:15:18 PM »