Author Topic: The libel trial...what the papers are reporting.  (Read 15857 times)

Lyall

Re: The libel trial...what the papers are reporting.
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 11:33:56 PM »
I don't think so Sadie. There's no mention of it in their book, and it's not like them to miss an opportunity is it. Be honest 8(0(*

Lyall

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 11:35:20 PM »
It was just twits (in this instance just one I think) on a forum, who'd doubtless struggle to kidnap a bottle of milk.

Benita

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2013, 11:46:49 PM »
Couldn't agree more Lyall. 8((()*/ 

Absolute insanity to make such evil threats

How worried / paranoid  kate and Gerry must have been to receive a threat like that.

Such cruel people about. .  Barstewards

8-)(--) internet fruitloops why threaten to kidnap 2 innocent children just to get to their parents who are innocent until proven guilty ...

Offline John

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2013, 11:59:08 PM »
Lots of sick people on the Internet.  8((()*/

Lots of sick people everywhere Neeley, but it only takes one nutter to give the rest a bad name.  8(0(*
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

icabodcrane

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2013, 11:59:56 PM »
What has this got to do with Amaral   ?   

Was this website/forum  set up as a consequence of his book   ?   ...  or was it already in existance  before   his book was published  ?

Benita

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2013, 12:05:26 AM »

Was this website/forum  set up as a consequence of his book   ?   ...  or was it already in existance  before   his book was published  ?

oh stop moaning you don't like it don't read it ..the title of the thread is "The libel trial...what the papers are reporting."

Offline John

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2013, 12:07:53 AM »

I agree Icabodcrane,  Amaral is being blamed for just about everything but little or no mention of all the other authors who have sold books based on the same hypothesis.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Redblossom

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2013, 12:08:31 AM »
oh stop moaning you don't like it don't read it ..the title of the thread is "The libel trial...what the papers are reporting."

point is if they are reporting CRAP or spinning in any way in this trial  they will be taken up on it, as they should be,simple as that really

Welcome BTW
 ?{)(**

icabodcrane

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2013, 12:08:51 AM »

You don't know the answer to the question I asked then  ?

Well someone else might   ... was this threat made as a consequence of Amaral's book,  or was this forum actively  'anti'  McCann  before   his book was published  ? 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2013, 12:12:57 AM »

Well someone else might   ... was this threat made as a consequence of Amaral's book,  or was this forum actively  'anti'  McCann  before   his book was published  ?

I believe the 3as was in existence  some time before Amaral wrote his book Icabod.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Redblossom

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2013, 12:14:37 AM »

Extremely unlikely and the mccanns have no way on this earth to prove this unless the alledged poster said so

Sad barrel scrapers for a million quid

See my post no 11 on this thread

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2299.0

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:18:17 AM by Redblossom »

icabodcrane

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2013, 12:18:46 AM »
I believe the 3as was in existence  some time before Amaral wrote his book Icabod.

Well then I don't understand why this threat was brought up in the libel trial 

The implication was that Amaral's book had  provoked it   ... but what  evidence is there to support that   ? 

Lyall

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2013, 12:23:46 AM »

Definitely 8((()*/

Offline John

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2013, 12:27:37 AM »
I have the advantage of the evidence Report at the moment, Mr Pike went into quite a bit of detail on Thursday about the great depths to which Kate had sunk, depths which required Gerry to take time off work to care for her at home as she contemplated suicide.  It seems that she was very much concerned that her friends would turn against her and Gerry like so many others were beginning to do.  She felt their version of events was now under dire scrutiny in the UK following the publication of Goncalo's book.

When Kate watched the film, AP remembers she was yet more devastated. He says this was the secondary trauma. This secondary trauma is sometimes more violent, more rooted and more extreme than the original trauma. It is more difficult to cope with it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:34:11 AM by John »

Redblossom

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2013, 12:29:58 AM »
Well then I don't understand why this threat was brought up in the libel trial 

The implication was that Amaral's book had  provoked it   ... but what  evidence is there to support that   ?

NONE

just like everything else in this vexatious litigation IMO
I will eat my hat if  they produce evidence LOL!!!! Barrel scrapers
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:37:30 AM by Redblossom »