Author Topic: Anyone have any idea what redwoods revelation was??  (Read 28224 times)

Offline Luz

Re: Anyone have any idea what redwoods revelation was??
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 12:04:28 AM »
Revelations?! Like the one angel Gabriel made to Virgin Mary?!   @)(++(*

icabodcrane

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 03:31:53 AM »
In answer to the original question, the answer is yes, there is something new, but how much of it features in the programme, I don't know.

What do mean  ? ... what, exactly,  are you so convinced  is  'new'  ? 

Offline blonk

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 09:06:15 AM »
Also Crimewatch has always been a respected programme, regarded as doing a valuable public service -  and not seen as an entertainment prog. 
   Up until now, that is.

But Monday's programme has become a show. The hype has been on an epic scale for a Crimewatch programme.

Kirsty Young gushes: "The case that has captivated the world".

One of the Met's finest (DCI Andy Redwood) claims - unconvincingly - to have had a "revelation moment".

Yet beneath all the hype, the person they're allegedly featuring in this soap opera documentary is merely 'a person of interest', and after 2 years and 6 months investigation at a cost £6 million and counting, they don't know who he is yet. If he ever existed, that is.

The 30-second promo clip shown by the BBC countless times yesterday is not a promising sign.

The child carried the wrong way round according to Jane Tanner's discredited evidence.

Madeleine's bed laying against built-in-cupboards - inaccurate.

A bright shaft of light on Madeleine's bed - inaccurate.

If there are at least three basic errors in a 30-second clip, goodness knows how many there will be in a 30-minute programme.

It's hardly surprising that people are already 'phoning the BBC on 03700 100 222 to complain.

I'm surprised that the McCanns themselves haven't complained about these inaccuracies.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 09:10:06 AM »
In answer to the original question, the answer is yes, there is something new, but how much of it features in the programme, I don't know.

If Redwood and the Chuckle Bros had anything of any consequence we would have seen arrests in a blaze of publicity as the Met leak machine goes into overdrive.  Be prepared to be bored silly on Monday night.

Just read your post blonk...I haven't seen that clip yet but if what you say is correct...OMFG!!"   Mark Williams-Thomas and the fiasco Bamber documentary all over again.

Isn't it really ironic that the Muppet who was instrumental in banging up the wrong guy for the Jill Dando (ex Crimewatch presenter) murder should now take part in Crimewatch??
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 09:15:50 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline jassi

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013, 09:31:57 AM »
Slightly off topic, but is Crimewatch to be a McCann Special, or will it feature other crimes as well, like most of their programmes do ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Benice

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2013, 10:06:26 AM »
   Up until now, that is.

But Monday's programme has become a show. The hype has been on an epic scale for a Crimewatch programme.

Kirsty Young gushes: "The case that has captivated the world".

One of the Met's finest (DCI Andy Redwood) claims - unconvincingly - to have had a "revelation moment".

Yet beneath all the hype, the person they're allegedly featuring in this soap opera documentary is merely 'a person of interest', and after 2 years and 6 months investigation at a cost £6 million and counting, they don't know who he is yet. If he ever existed, that is.

The 30-second promo clip shown by the BBC countless times yesterday is not a promising sign.

The child carried the wrong way round according to Jane Tanner's discredited evidence.

If there are at least three basic errors in a 30-second clip, goodness knows how many there will be in a 30-minute programme.

It's hardly surprising that people are already 'phoning the BBC on 03700 100 222 to complain.

I'm surprised that the McCanns themselves haven't complained about these inaccuracies.

Is it wrong to advertise this important programme (well - at least from Madeleine's POV it's important) in order that as many people as possible watch it?    That's the whole point isn't  it - to get as big an audience as possible when you are making an appeal to the public.

It doesn't matter a fig if it's not an exact replica of everything if that doesn't affect the information the prog. wishes to convey.     

Are you going to be complaining because the actor who plays Gerry has slightly different coloured hair, or is a fraction of an inch taller or thinner than he is??   What a silly question - of course you are! 

The whole programme will be put under a microscope by some [ censored word] with the express purpose of finding fault with every micro second of it.   And this will keep them happy for months - regurgitating it and embellishing it ad nauseum.   The 'sneer' factor is going to go through the roof.

However, its not those fanatics the programme is aimed at and in the meantime, someone who isn't watching just to gather new material to make a big pile of new sticks to beat the McCanns with - might just phone in with crucial information about Madeleine.  Yes Madeleine -  remember her?   
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Redblossom

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 10:07:39 AM »
Slightly off topic, but is Crimewatch to be a McCann Special, or will it feature other crimes as well, like most of their programmes do ?

There will be other stuff on it >>>>

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/crime/crimewatch-to-reconstruct-rush-hour-shooting-1-5577352

Redblossom

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2013, 10:20:09 AM »
Is it wrong to advertise this important programme (well - at least from Madeleine's POV it's important) in order that as many people as possible watch it?    That's the whole point isn't  it - to get as big an audience as possible when you are making an appeal to the public.

It doesn't matter a fig if it's not an exact replica of everything if that doesn't affect the information the prog. wishes to convey.     

Are you going to be complaining because the actor who plays Gerry has slightly different coloured hair, or is a fraction of an inch taller or thinner than he is??   What a silly question - of course you are! 

The whole programme will be put under a microscope by some [ censored word] with the express purpose of finding fault with every micro second of it.   And this will keep them happy for months - regurgitating it and embellishing it ad nauseum.   The 'sneer' factor is going to go through the roof.

However, its not those fanatics the programme is aimed at and in the meantime, someone who isn't watching just to gather new material to make a big pile of new sticks to beat the McCanns with - might just phone in with crucial information about Madeleine.  Yes Madeleine -  remember her?

a tad hypocritical and much exaggerating there Benice....even for you! calm down dear.

Offline jassi

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2013, 10:25:00 AM »
It does seem to have been hyped somewhat, compared with earlier programmes.

A serious consideration is that if this programme contains errors or inaccuracies that are then highlighted, it will deal a severe bow to the creditability of future Crimewatch programmes.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Redblossom

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »
It does seem to have been hyped somewhat, compared with earlier programmes.

A serious consideration is that if this programme contains errors or inaccuracies that are then highlighted, it will deal a severe bow to the creditability of future Crimewatch programmes.

no, not to crimewatch, they are the platform only.......I think...

Offline Benice

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2013, 10:32:07 AM »
a tad hypocritical and much exaggerating there Benice....even for you! calm down dear.

Well we'll wait and see shall we.   Nothing would please me more to be wrong - but I doubt it.  It's already started and the programme hasn't even been on yet.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2013, 10:35:42 AM »
Is this really the best the @BBC could have produced?

A comedy of errors??

De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline jassi

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2013, 10:38:47 AM »
no, not to crimewatch, they are the platform only.......I think...

Maybe, but if the public perception becomes that they are rubbish, then they will stop watching.

Or maybe not -

Redblossom

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2013, 10:41:54 AM »
Maybe, but if the public perception becomes that they are rubbish, then they will stop watching.

But the general public dont have a clue whether or not it is accurate or misleading......I predict it will be a much ado about nothing.....just mho

Offline jassi

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2013, 10:58:59 AM »
But the general public dont have a clue whether or not it is accurate or misleading......I predict it will be a much ado about nothing.....just mho

Oh, I agree with that.
I believe nothing constructive  will come of this, except that SY will look as if they have actually achieved something for all the millions spent.

Or maybe not -