Author Topic: Does Cipriano's convictions let Amaral and the PJ off the hook?  (Read 43974 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Does Cipriano's convictions let Amaral and the PJ off the hook?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 08:20:10 PM »
I clearly recall serendipity saying he'd added the red text himself.  You were so busy being outraged that you didn't seem to notice, however.  The point I think he was making was that Amnesty International used to have something on their site about the torture of Cipriano and that a part of it had been removed.  I was tired so didn't take it all in properly at the time.  In a nutshell she was found to have lied. Therefore other than a faintly ridiculous (for a given level of ridiculous, of course) legal system judging that even though Amaral did not lie in his document he kind of didn't know he wasn't lying at the time and therefore his suspended sentence remained, it's pretty much all over bar the shouting, isn't it?

I know that you still like to fling other accusations of wrongdoing at him but as there don't seem to be any non-Amaral-hating blogs/sites to back up these alleged other misdemeanours of his, I'll take them with a pinch of salt thanks.  Feel free to provide me with links to prove your point, however, I'm not saying they don't exist, just that I can't find them.

There are  so many inaccuracies it is difficult to know where to start...lets take it one by one...

The statement highlighted in red...could you tell me what has been removed from the Amnesty site...nothing...the statement isn't true

I wont go any further until this one is sorted

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 08:21:48 PM »
I dont want to take this thread down that road again tonight but I thought an arguido required to have their lawyer with them when interviewed??   So if she confessed she must have had her lawyer otherwise the confession would be worthless??  or am i missing sommit?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 08:23:03 PM »
Thank you for that informative post Serendipity!

It makes very interesting reading. Enjoy your night, I'm sure you'll find a full apology from the forum member who made the accusations waiting for you in the morning!

I don't know if you read it but you don't seem to have understood it if you think I have anything to apologise for

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2013, 08:24:03 PM »

There are  so many inaccuracies it is difficult to know where to start...lets take it one by one...

The statement highlighted in red...could you tell me what has been removed from the Amnesty site...nothing...the statement isn't true

I wont go any further until this one is sorted

For heavens sake davel, he only added a bit of enlarged red text by way of comment.  The document itself is unchanged.  What a song and dance about nout!!

Am i right in assuming some muppet claimed he had altered the text? 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 08:26:11 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

AnneGuedes

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 08:24:26 PM »
Thank you, Serendipity, and have a nice evening full of serendipities which are the salt of life !

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2013, 08:27:19 PM »
Many thanks to everyone who has helped revive my thread

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2013, 08:28:33 PM »
Many thanks to everyone who has helped revive my thread

Was it you who started the Amaral the truth thread davel?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 08:30:01 PM »
"truth about amaral" and "agendas"?  Did they descend into name calling?  The Amaral one was crossing into the bounds of straight up harassment of the poor bloke but aside from that seemed to be just about under control and was quite interesting as an expose (dunno how to do the accented "e"!) about how those that really don't like him feel!

I actually thought Icabod was making a good point about Dhingra too, if I'm honest.

Dhingra has bailed.  He says he wont tolerate being spoken to in such a condescending manner.    8)-)))

Well done whoever was responsible...we have just lost a valuable resource!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 08:33:03 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 08:30:49 PM »

For heavens sake davel, he only added a bit of enlarged red text by way of comment.  The document itself is unchanged.  What a song and dance about nout!!

Am i right in assuming some muppet claimed he had altered the text?

you seem to have misunderstood..i am referring to the false statement that amnesty have removed something from their site re amarel...it isnt true

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2013, 08:31:45 PM »
you seem to have misunderstood..i am referring to the false statement that amnesty have removed something from their site re amarel...it isnt true

So it wasnt you was goin on about the red text?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2013, 08:33:55 PM »
I don't wish to answer any questions until the one I have posted is answerred.

Redblossom

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2013, 08:34:46 PM »

They did, they removed the  reference to cipriano and torture and amaral and others after printing it for the last 5 yrs  its there for all non blind people to see.....and the reason for it explained!!!! would be good to have an apology Davel for your accusations
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 08:36:39 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2013, 08:36:53 PM »
I was told that the Amaral/Cipriano debacle was removed by Amnesty because of the perjury conviction which Leonor now has.  Is that what this is all about Dave??

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 08:37:18 PM »
They did, they removed the  reference to cipriano and torture after printing it for the last 5 yrs  its there for all non blind people to see.....and the reason for it explained!!!! would be good to have an apology Davel for your accusations

You are wrong...nothing has been removed

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 08:39:42 PM »
You are wrong...nothing has been removed

but its not on the 2013 report?       8-)(--)

http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/portugal/report-2013

Je ne regrette rien!!