Author Topic: Cats and Dogs  (Read 104497 times)

Offline abs

Re: Cats and Dogs
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 08:46:33 PM »
LOL, the cats with glowing eyes! Cute, cute cats, all of them!  8@??)(

Offline John

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 10:21:27 PM »
Lovely cats Joanne, are Zippy and Kitten siblings?

I resized the photos slightly to make them easier to view.  hope you don't mind?   8((()*/
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:24:34 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

Re: Just for cats
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 10:23:15 PM »
This is Kaizer ... the old daddy of my menagery of sheps ... handsome lad eh ... just like his owner!
(Thank's for the instructions John .... as they say it's easy when you know how!  8((()*/

I missed the photo of Kaiser yesterday, is that the master himself Tim?   You must put some of the young ones on the thread, you may even add a link for advertising if you like.  I don't think anyone would mind.   8@??)(
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Myster

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 05:50:56 AM »
Zippy and Kitten

You should have named them Percy and Shaw after this fella.., 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Shaw   8(0(*

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Joanne

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 09:58:37 AM »
I had 2 cats originally, Molly and Lamby, Molly got liver failure and died and then Lamby went under a car, 2 days later Kitten was on the doorstep pregnant, a tennent moved and never took her, she's been outside for 2 months, so I got her. Zippy is one of her kittens, my aunty and uncle had 2 and a friend another 1! I think Padgate was the father of one, they're all neutered now, I have another one Toby. They're all strays!

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 01:09:34 PM »
Great pic of Zippy and kitten with headlights on!  8((()*/

I will get some more pics on this laptop John and post them up .... no need to link as the Lux police and army buy all our pups when they are 18 months old.

The following pic is of Molly and Malone; brother and sister and pups of Kaiser! Molly is at the back stalking her brother which she does 24/7 .... females can be such trouble!  @)(++(*
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:12:14 PM by Tim Invictus »

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 01:17:52 PM »
This is Harvey ... my white GSD from Wales .... he is 63kg now so is on a diet! He is much smarter and kinder than all the other sheps who are all black and tan ... all of them have a mean streak at times although only with each other except Harvey. Humans are safe as long as they aren't stalkers ... bare that in mind Miss Preece!
 @)(++(*
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:19:53 PM by Tim Invictus »

Offline John

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 01:27:28 PM »
We have always had cats on the farm, too many at times but over the last few years their numbers decreased to the point where we offered a home to several cats which had arrived at the local cat rescue.  Last year I was on the look out for a black and white cat and so got my eye on one but it was feral. We have never had feral cats on the farm so this was a challenge.  When I got her home I put her in a large barn but she dug her way out gouging a hole under a door. She actually scratched concrete away to get out.  I never saw her again for two weeks, I assumed she had scampered. When she did appear she spent the next 6 months getting closer to the house. All I could do was to leave food out for her. Eventually I was getting closer to her and could almost touch her at feeding time. Once I actually picked her up but she nearly took my finger off.

The turning point came a few weeks later when I found her lying in the garden one morning obviously injured and in pain, she had been run over. Had she gone off and hid as cats do she would have perished but she had the good sense to look for help.  I put her in the cat travel box and took her to the vet where she had surgery for a broken back leg.  It was touch and go and the vet had to put a pin in the leg joint. She spent two weeks in a wire box at the clinic and when she came back spent 4 weeks in the house.  She is a completely changed cat now but still very nervous.  She will jump up and sit on my knee now no problem.  She does not associate with the other cats though.

Feral cats can be domesticated but they are hard work.  I will post a photo of her later.

Naughty TESSA, some weeks after the operation to save her leg.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:45:55 PM by John »

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 02:17:03 PM »
We have always had cats on the farm, too many at times but over the last few years their numbers decreased to the point where we offered a home to several cats which had arrived at the local cat rescue.  Last year I was on the look out for a black and white cat and so got my eye on one but it was feral. We have never had feral cats on the farm so this was a challenge.  When I got her home I put her in a large barn but she dug her way out gouging a hole under a door. She actually scratched concrete away to get out.  I never saw her again for two weeks, I assumed she had scampered. When she did appear she spent the next 6 months getting closer to the house. All I could do was to leave food out for her. Eventually I was getting closer to her and could almost touch her at feeding time. Once I actually picked her up but she nearly took my finger off.

The turning point came a few weeks later when I found her lying in the garden one morning obviously injured and in pain, she had been run over. Had she gone off and hid as cats do she would have perished but she had the good sense to look for help.  I put her in the cat travel box and took her to the vet where she had surgery for a broken back leg.  It was touch and go and the vet had to put a pin in the leg joint. She spent two weeks in a wire box at the clinic and when she came back spent 4 weeks in the house.  She is a completely changed cat now but still very nervous.  She will jump up and sit on my knee now no problem.  She does not associate with the other cats though.

Feral cats can be domesticated but they are hard work.  I will post a photo of her later.

I was out on my pushbike a few years ago on a country lane and this really skinny feral cat stood in front of me and screetched her head off and wouldn't stop. I got off and followed her with her screetching and looking back to make sure I was following. She took me behind a barn with a wood pile and to her litter of 3 very underfed kittens.

I am sure the mum knew they were starving to death and was getting help ... we took them home and slowly got them back to health. Although very young they were scared to death and vicious and it took about two weeks to get them to come out from under the furniture. After about a month two of them became real pussycats but one remained very violent!

They all lived pretty happy lifes and I will never forget their mum getting help for her starving kittens.  8)-))) 

only me

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 03:03:37 PM »
Blimey, you nearly brought a tear to my eye there.   8)><(

Offline John

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 08:07:29 PM »
This is Harvey ... my white GSD from Wales .... he is 63kg now so is on a diet! He is much smarter and kinder than all the other sheps who are all black and tan ... all of them have a mean streak at times although only with each other except Harvey. Humans are safe as long as they aren't stalkers ... bare that in mind Miss Preece!
 @)(++(*

Harvey has lovely colouring and a shaggy coat.  Do you breed more of the long haired GSD's than the smooth haired?

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 10:36:25 PM »
 @)(++(*

Harvey has lovely colouring and a shaggy coat.  Do you breed more of the long haired GSD's than the smooth haired?

The sire we use is a shortish haired champion GSD in France and our breeding bitches are long haired so the litter normally has a mixture of both short and long haired .... the last litter had 3 long and 2 short ... 4 of them are the normal black and tan and the 5th is jet black all over! It's like a jamboree bag ... you never know what ya gonna get!

Harvey isn't involved in anything and just lazies around all day waiting for food and attention ... he doesn't mind which!  8)-))) 

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2012, 12:34:01 PM »
Aww, I love all these pictures. John, your feral was lucky to have you, it's almost impossible to domesticate ferals, often when injured they hide to avoid predation, I'm so glad you found her and she's recovering, cats are so worth the time and effort invested in them. I've never had dogs before, it's not possible with 4 cats and I have arthritis, so long walks are out the question.

My last cat died last year but for a while he lived with eight german sheps and it never bothered him at all and they would never have hurt him. They would chase him a bit if he was out in the open but never with evil intent  .... sometimes Charlie would actually  sleep on one of the dogs! Ironically he was killed by the next doors vicious dog!

That mutt dog is the only animal I could happily have shot .... the most vicious nasty dog I have ever known. Glad we don't live next door to him anymore .... hopefully he has died!

Offline Andrea

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 08:54:17 PM »
Im having trouble posting pictures, im browsing and choosing the ones i want but i cant post them on here. Im hitting alt+s or just pressing post and nothing happens, anyone help?

Offline Andrea

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2012, 09:13:29 PM »
scarlet