Author Topic: How is the weather in Essex?  (Read 6780 times)

Offline Myster

Re: How is the weather in Essex?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 01:45:11 PM »
Then why not just come straight out with it.  It's just an underhand way for Jeremy Bamber to get back at the family, in the same way that he did by getting them to travel all the way up to York for the Land Tribunal meeting to settle the tenancy, then renouncing his claim almost as the soon as it started, wasting time and money for the Eatons.

Why destroy a perfectly sound building, whose history probably goes back years before the end of the 19th century. Some people are more squeamish about living in houses where murders or deaths have taken place than others. You might be, but the Eatons obviously were not - simple as that.
Didn't Ann Eaton have to coax her cousin to view the bedrooms, or was his squeamish behaviour just an act to convince them of his innocence?

I wonder how many might be put off buying and living in the refurbished house where Dennis Nilsen killed and dismembered his victims, stored them in plastic bags with air-fresheners on top in his wardrobe, before boiling the remains and flushing them down the toilet piece by piece ...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2385003/Serial-killer-Dennis-Nilsens-house-horrors-sale-knock-265-000.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2568523/Former-house-horrors-killing-ground-serial-killer-Dennis-Nilsen-sale-100-000-profit-despite-grim-history.html

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2014, 02:33:17 PM »
Oh I don't know.  I would never criticise these people as they are not paid and giving up their own time but as NGB has stated really anything that goes on these so-called 'official' websites should be run past legal people.  Not that there's anything illegal in what they have posted but it's perhaps not the best PR  >@@(*&)

Yes I guess its horses for courses whether or not one would one to set up home in a property with a ghoulish history. I believe it is now a legal requirement that a seller must offer up all information in this regard as it can potentially impact on the resale price.

Personally I would not want to knowingly live in a property with such a past regardless of whether or not I knew the victims. 

Right seeing that top pic of DN's place I really must get on with some household chores!
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 06:28:30 PM »
Yes initially I thought the same but I think they are trying to illustrate a) the relatives benefitted materially from JB's conviction and b) the relatives have always been happy to live at WHF where 5 members of their family were murdered in the most horrific circumstances.

I have posted about this previously; I struggle to comprehend anyone wanting to live at WHF.  Most 'houses of horrors' are knocked to the ground eg Dunblane gym, College Close, Cromwell Street etc.

I am also struck by AE's matter of fact attitude towards remaking the twins' beds.  This sent a shiver down my spine:

Monday 12th August 1985

"Shortly before he actually arrived my daughter and I remade the beds in the twins room".

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3168.0;attach=3118

At this point in time AE's daughter was just 8 yoa.

I have made allowances for JB seemingly carrying on as normal eg bacon sanny etc so perhaps I should afford AE the same level of understanding.

Farmers tend to be down to earth practical types so perhaps this was just their way of coping in the aftermath.

Does anyone else think this a little unusual or am I alone in my thinking  >@@(*&)

Numerous murder scenes like the House in Amityville find buyers even in spite of the haunting tale.

Death is a fact of life, people died of all sorts of causes in homes daily.  If we razed all places where deaths occur it would be quite a waste.  My paternal grandmother died in her house and my Uncle is living there currently.

Frankly those who are too scared to live in a place where someone died have mental issues. If you love a place and want to live there but knowing someone died there frightens you too much to buy it then you should see a shrink to help deal with irrational fears.

My issue with WHF is I don't like the country style of the inside, the thing would need to be gutted and redone from top to bottom which would cost a fortune.

“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 07:21:06 PM »
I don't have a problem with Ann Eaton living at WHF. There is no callousness displayed as the Bamberettes would have everyone believe. WHF is an extensive farming business built up by Neville and the argument that the remaining family didn't want all Neville's hard work passed on to strangers is a more valid argument to me than criticising them for being able to live in the murder house!

(That reminds me of another Gladys 'classic'; anyone else remember Old Beltdown having "a vision" that the extended family committed the murders and framed Jeremy? ..... Pillock!)

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 03:50:56 PM »
Numerous murder scenes like the House in Amityville find buyers even in spite of the haunting tale.

Death is a fact of life, people died of all sorts of causes in homes daily.  If we razed all places where deaths occur it would be quite a waste.  My paternal grandmother died in her house and my Uncle is living there currently.

Frankly those who are too scared to live in a place where someone died have mental issues. If you love a place and want to live there but knowing someone died there frightens you too much to buy it then you should see a shrink to help deal with irrational fears.

My issue with WHF is I don't like the country style of the inside, the thing would need to be gutted and redone from top to bottom which would cost a fortune.

In the case of WHF we are not talking about family members dying from natural causes.  We are talking about 5 members of the same family being murdered in the most horrific circumstances.  This is completely different from someone dying of natural causes.  I would have a problem with the former but not the latter.  It has nothing to do with the paranormal or irrational fears, but in some ways out of respect to the victims.  Imagine Christmas at WHF: the dinner being cooked in the kitchen where poor NB met his demise; guests possibly sleeping in the room that the twins were shot in. Surely at a time that should be full of happiness, fun and laughter one couldn't help but think back to all those who lost their lives and for me it would kill the moment.

As a US based lawyer you will no doubt be familiar with the disclosure rules surrounding 'stigmatized property' that exist in some states?  Do the legislators that put in place these laws all "have mental issues" and "need to see a shrink"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigmatized_property

There was an interesting case in the UK, Sykes v Taylor-Rose which interestingly involved the murder of an adopted daughter:

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2004/feb/28/property.homebuying

http://www.practicalconveyancing.co.uk/content/view/7836/0/

http://old.estateagenttoday.co.uk/news_features/Lawyers-could-have-field-day-over-agents-duties-to-disclose-property-information
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?