Author Topic: Social worker who attended the scene later told police she was suspicious.  (Read 26573 times)

ferryman

I can't remember.  But Yvonne Martin did send an anonymous letter, and admitted to having done so.  Probably not one of her finer moments.
She did say that she recognised David Payne from somewhere, but has never said from where.

This was not the act of a Professional.

She [Yvonne Martin] says that about two weeks after Madeleine's disappearance, when the police made an appeal for information about a man, carrying a child, who had been seen in the Luz zone, and whose clothing was described, she wrote an anonymous letter to the British police, telling them the following: : regarding the various details she observed during her contact with the McCanns it is her opinion that they could be in some way involved in the disappearance of Madeleine.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm

Offline Eleanor

She [Yvonne Martin] says that about two weeks after Madeleine's disappearance, when the police made an appeal for information about a man, carrying a child, who had been seen in the Luz zone, and whose clothing was described, she wrote an anonymous letter to the British police, telling them the following: : regarding the various details she observed during her contact with the McCanns it is her opinion that they could be in some way involved in the disappearance of Madeleine.

Thank you, Ferryman.  That makes me feel vaguely sick.  But precisely as I remember Yvonne Martin and her statements.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!

Or alternatively, in order to help.
The speed of it, though, suggests very rapid  publication of the event for a foreign holidaymaker to hear of it so early.

But she wasn't  just a foreign holidaymaker

Name: YVONE WARREN MARTIN

Profession: Social Services and Child Protection

The witness is accompanied by a PJ interpreter, Carlos Moura, as she does not speak Portuguese.

She says that she has lived in Portugal for seven years on a part-time basis, in other words, for some months of the year she lives in her home in Sargaçal and for the rest of the year lives in England, where she still works.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline jassi

But she wasn't  just a foreign holidaymaker

Name: YVONE WARREN MARTIN

Profession: Social Services and Child Protection

The witness is accompanied by a PJ interpreter, Carlos Moura, as she does not speak Portuguese.

She says that she has lived in Portugal for seven years on a part-time basis, in other words, for some months of the year she lives in her home in Sargaçal and for the rest of the year lives in England, where she still works.

OK. What I really meant was someone who didn't speak the language and therefore less likely to pick the news up off the TV or radio. She must have been told about it very early on.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

And that, in a nutshell, is why her name, and professional abilities, have to be trashed.

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

OK. What I really meant was someone who didn't speak the language and therefore less likely to pick the news up off the TV or radio. She must have been told about it very early on.

By whom, do you think?  And for what purpose?

Offline Eleanor

And that, in a nutshell, is why her name, and professional abilities, have to be trashed.

Would you not think so?  Anonymous letter?  How utterly disgraceful.

Offline jassi

Would you not think so?  Anonymous letter?  How utterly disgraceful.

Hardly something to get worked up over.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

Hardly something to get worked up over.

Oh, you think that an anonymous letter from a self confessed Professional is hardly anything to get worked up about?

Nasty old women send anonymous letters because they don't want anyone to know who they are.  Some bloody Professional.
Yvonne Martin damned herself when she did that.

Offline jassi

Oh, you think that an anonymous letter from a self confessed Professional is hardly anything to get worked up about?

Nasty old women send anonymous letters because they don't want anyone to know who they are.  Some bloody Professional.
Yvonne Martin damned herself when she did that.

You do seem to take these things to heart   @)(++(*

Or maybe not -

Offline Eleanor

You do seem to take these things to heart   @)(++(*

Indeed, I do.  When a self confessed Professional in the field of Child Protection start sending anonymous letters, then the whole system needs looking at.  Especially when she voiced the opinion that The McCanns were likely culpable.

And if you don't see that as a problem then God help you if you ever fall under their watchful eye.

Offline jassi

Indeed, I do.  When a self confessed Professional in the field of Child Protection start sending anonymous letters, then the whole system needs looking at.  Especially when she voiced the opinion that The McCanns were likely culpable.

And if you don't see that as a problem then God help you if you ever fall under their watchful eye.

I deal with problems as they arise and she is no problem to me.  Why should she be one to you?

Or maybe not -

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!

They don't just have Portuguese TV in Portugal.

During the past month of May or more precisely on the 04th of May 2007, the witness was in Portugal, enjoying holidays, when at about 07H00 she turned on the television and watched an English news channel (BBC or SKY NEWS) where she saw an appeal to British citizens on holiday in the Algarve to offer all possible support to a British couple who were on holiday in Praia da Luz and whose daughter, a child, had disappeared on May 03, 2007.

Didn't take her long to get there for 9 am. What use did she think she would be, not speaking the language.
I didn't hear them ask for an "appeal to British citizens on holiday in the Algarve to offer all possible support " that early into the abduction.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Eleanor

Yvonne Martin was and still remains a disgrace.  On day one when she knew sweet feck all about anything.
I am appalled by the fact that she should so quickly have decided.
This fuelled much of what was said later.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 04:56:53 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Wonderfulspam

Yvonne Martin was and still remains a disgrace.  On day one when she knew sweet feck all about anything.
I am appalled by the fact that she should so quickly have decided.
This fuelled much of what was said later.

I thought it was all Amarals fault.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 04:57:11 PM by Mr Moderator »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.